Dubas opinion based on his interviews and decisions.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Seriously you do not think we could have put Marincin on waivers and kept 3 goalies around for a while would not have been a better decision. We did not have to lose 2 goalies for nothing at all.

Not everything that happens between GMs is recorded as a trade.

Dubas clearly knew what Carolina and Philadelphia’s goalie situations were, and he had been rumoured to be shopping Pickard for months now.

There were likely discussions between Dubas and Hextall/Waddell.

Just because neither team made a deal, doesn’t mean there isn’t an agreement or future considerations involved.

Either the plan is for Carolina/Philly to place these guys back on waivers or if they opt to keep them then some TD options open up.

Philly and Carolina are both bubble teams and may be able to add to Toronto’s playoff roster.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Please post a link to you once Posted that you admitted you were wrong. I will wait.

I have on several occasions so I have facts on my side you have zip.

"I know you are but what am I?"

For someone so old and mature, you sure argue like a child.

You have no idea whether or not I can admit I'm wrong, you're just accusing me of it because I disagree with you and you're upset.

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
People on here are funny. Andersson played to many games last year and was tired come the playoffs is what many many people posted yet on the same hand dismiss the fact that the back up goalie selection as a non issue.

A quality back up goalie who can win games means more rest for Andy and less likely Babs over plays Freddy this year. It was a very important decision I say one of the key decisions thus far for us. We need depth behind Freddy as we want to give us the best chance to win.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah I’m not going to get up in arms over our back up goalie situation, Connor Carrick or the fact that he’s playing hardball with his most important contract to date lmao

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
People on here are funny. Andersson played to many games last year and was tired come the playoffs is what many many people posted yet on the same hand dismiss the fact that the back up goalie selection as a non issue.

A quality back up goalie who can win games means more rest for Andy and less likely Babs over plays Freddy this year. It was a very important decision I say one of the key decisions thus far for us. We need depth behind Freddy as we want to give us the best chance to win.

Freddy goes down with injury Id rather have a goalie who can handle a starters workload. Like the guy who won the AHL Championship and goalie of the year.

We were losing two of Mac/Sparks/Pickard. Sparks is the one who can handle the workload

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
"I know you are but what am I?"

For someone so old and mature, you sure argue like a child.

You have no idea whether or not I can admit I'm wrong, you're just accusing me of it because I disagree with you and you're upset.

Challenge is still there please post a link where you posted you were wrong on here. You had the gall to effectively call me a liar with nothing but your opinion and now this post calling me childish. Priceless

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Freddy goes down with injury Id rather have a goalie who can handle a starters workload. Like the guy who won the AHL Championship and goalie of the year.

We were losing two of Mac/Sparks/Pickard. Sparks is the one who can handle the workload
i say it was Pickard as he actually did it in the NHL Sparks has not proved he can do anything but lose thus far in the NHL . My opinion is that he can not and time will tell if I am correct. If Sparks proves he can win in the NHL I will be happy to say I am wrong.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
i say it was Pickard as he actually did it in the NHL Sparks has not proved he can do anything but lose thus far in the NHL . My opinion is that he can not and time will tell if I am correct. If Sparks proves he can win in the NHL I will be happy to say I am wrong.
Pickard couldn't outplay Sparks for the AHL starters role.

Reactions: Al14 and SAMCRO44

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Challenge is still there please post a link where you posted you were wrong on here. You had the gall to effectively call me a liar with nothing but your opinion and now this post calling me childish. Priceless

I don't f***in inventory my posts man, and I dont care enough to look through it all to prove something so stupid to you.

If you want to look through my posts and find something I said that was wrong, which there has to be because there well over 10,000 of them, then go ahead and show me and I'll admit it's wrong. That doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But thats still beside the fact that you have no reason to accuse me of not being able to admit I'm wrong.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I didn't call you a liar, I think you lack the self awareness and critical thinking skills to realize how petty and nonsensical your arguments here are.

Reactions: SprDaVE and weems

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

The back-up goalie isn't a non-issue, but any of the 3 could falter. If they need to make a move to shore it up, they will. I don't see them giving anyone a long leash. I'm not sold on Sparks either, but it's a new year, different team, let's see what he can do.

Reactions: diceman934

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Sparks over McBackup is gutsy. I'll call it a success if Sparks has a winning record at the end of the season.

Keeping McBackup, if he plays poor ... people would blame him.
If sparks plays bad, Dubas will take the blame.

If Andersen gets injured, I think things will heat up.

Reactions: JustAShadow

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I didn't call you a liar, I think you lack the self awareness and critical thinking skills to realize how petty and nonsensical your arguments here are.
I will give him all the credit he is due when he earns it.

I said when he was hired that I would form an opinion based on his moves etc and thus far I have not been impressed. I like that he appears to not be willing to cave in and sign Nylander to a deal. I am hopeful that the number will be good.

I am questioning the roster selection right now. Maybe he will trade a couple as part of a package for a player in a position of need.
Losing both goalies was a hard to swallow decision as I firmly believe that Babs wanted McBackup and a little planning could have avoided losing both.

I am concerned that Babs and Dubas are not on the same page. Not that Dubas is the one at fault as time will tell who is correct but it certainly appears that Marincin, Sparks are both Dubas selections to be on the roster.

Read my post history and when I am wrong I admit it something most never do. I change my opinion when it is warranted as I ask not a closed minded individual like most on here are.

I don't actually believe you at all. Your hearing showing your outage over:

1) He's too young
2) The backup goalie
3) The 8th defenseman
4) The fact that he expressed confidence and that he has a plan

You don't like him and are clearly looking for and stretching the importance of things to be upset about. Those aren't the actions of someone is open minded and gives credit where its due.

This is all very transparent to pretty much everyone but you.

I posted a reply to someone else and you replied to my posted to the bold part. We were not even having a discussion. That sure reads like you are calling me a Liar. As well as other names like childish and petty.

You do not like to be challenged. I have admitted when I was wrong on here several times which is a fact.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I posted a reply to someone else and you replied to my posted to the bold part. We were not even having a discussion. That sure reads like you are calling me a Liar. As well as other names like childish and petty.

You do not like to be challenged. I have admitted when I was wrong on here several times which is a fact.

Dude I know I can admit I'm wrong. I don't need to prove it to you. If you insist, go find of post of mine that is wrong, and I'll acknowledge it.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The threads on this forum in the last few days reminds of when Hayes and O'Neil almost got into a fistfight after the Leafs won the lottery to get Matthews. It's like people are feeling intense emotions for this upcoming season and it's coming out in a peculiar form of anger.

My anger only lasted 1 day.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I respect Dubas' decision. There are a lot of Sparks fans here, and I respect that.

Please don't disrespect me for wanting to keep McElhinney and Pickard.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The threads on this forum in the last few days reminds of when Hayes and O'Neil almost got into a fistfight after the Leafs won the lottery to get Matthews. It's like people are feeling intense emotions for this upcoming season and it's coming out in a peculiar form of anger.
Any anger here is peculiar.

Reactions: 1specter

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Nice thread :) All i can say is Dubas has been handed on a silver platter an established elite young team/coach/org, only a dumbass can mess this up... lets see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad