TSN: Dubas on TSN2 Aug 3rd.: “We’re gonna give Rasmus and Timothy every chance to make the team”

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Jake lost 1st not trading

I'm not sure what exactly you honestly expect with Gardiner situation. A team headed to playoff isn't trading away their 2nd best defenseman. And even if you go back to the previous offseason, you still need someone capable of taking those minutes and transitioning the puck like Gardiner could. It was never realistic to expect the Leafs to trade Gardiner for futures

Reactions: Raymoondo

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There you go, the GM said Lilly could make the team. If he really wasn't progressing, Dubas wouldn't make those comments.
Sandin could also impress enough to make the team.

When all are healthy:

Rielly/Dermott
Muzzy/Barrie
Sandin/Liljigren playing protected minutes incrementally adding some challenges.

#7-8 are From depth

I would be grinning watching that defense development at the Nhl level. Three basic rookies and three veterans. Has potential to work.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm not sure what exactly you honestly expect with Gardiner situation. A team headed to playoff isn't trading away their 2nd best defenseman. And even if you go back to the previous offseason, you still need someone capable of taking those minutes and transitioning the puck like Gardiner could. It was never realistic to expect the Leafs to trade Gardiner for futures

^ An injured Gardiner to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad