Waived: Dryden Hunt

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Leafs already waived Simmoonds twice this season -- in October and again in November -- and he cleared both times.
Think that’s more to do with respecting vet’s wishes, Simmonds being a 4th liner at best and if Simmonds retires instead of going to the new team, that team will look stupid for claiming him.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
6B74B652-D86C-48D6-8E7B-52201200ED97.gif

Whateves.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
The real question is why dud we waste our time for 2 weeks when we have players on Msrlies up to the task. Another Dubas firing a bullet hoping to hit something. Another bad call.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Lol why? He was so much better than Simmonds.

We finally had a tenacious 4th line checker who finished his checks constantly and dubas said nah

Simmonds seems to have a leadership role which the front office seems to value for an extra skater and other guys like McMann have shown they're probably better options to have in the ice

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Neat thought! What's the record on that one, in one season?
Good find! A couple of former Leafs in McLlwain and Arcobello managed to do so for three of four teams. Hunt will be the first to turn the trick if he plays and scores in the NHL this season for another team. Owing to this, I actually now hope to see him claimed tomorrow (apparently, there's a first time for everything!) by a team that isn't NYR or Colorado.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Kerfoot 100% needs to go. He's not cut to be a bottom 6 player on a playoff team.

Look at Boston and Tampa's bottom 6 forward group. Size, Grit, Speed and tenacity
The Leafs don't even know what to do with Kerfoot, he gets thrown in different spots in the lineup all the time. A player making 3.5 with no defined role is awful, especially for us with every dollar being so valuable

And you already know come playoff time he's good for a turnover or an awful penalty. He did both in game 6 last year

Use his money on someone useful

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bearing in mind there was zero chance Simmonds was going to be waived, then who?
Good point. Simmonds didn't even need to be waived since he hasn't played 10 games after clearing waivers the last time. So they could have just sent him down and created a spot for free

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I start to put my faith in this organization and then they do something like this and issues of mistrust creep back in. Dryden Hunt was the one player that was going to put this team over the hump and virtually assure a deep playoff run. They did the same thing earlier this year when they traded off Denis Malgin - another trade that will haunt this team - for some scrub player that I can't even remember his name.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I start to put my faith in this organization and then they do something like this and issues of mistrust creep back in. Dryden Hunt was the one player that was going to put this team over the hump and virtually assure a deep playoff run. They did the same thing earlier this year when they traded off Denis Malgin - another trade that will haunt this team - for some scrub player that I can't even remember his name.
I think the player you can’t remember is Ethan Hunt. Still remember his goal song is Mission Impossible. W

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Don't find this to be a big deal. The team seems to feel that McMann can fill the role, which seems to be true. We aren't losing anything if Hunt gets claimed. Plus if Clifford is healthy, he is better than Hunt, though more of a wildcard when it comes to penalties.

Simmonds should be in the pressbox for the rest of the season. His time has passed, though I love his passion and love for the team, he consistently hurts them when he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad