Waived: Dryden Hunt

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
1674495335294.png

Malgin when picked up - "he's versatile", "he could play in the top 6" "he adds depth and skill"
Malgin when traded: - "it was never going to work here" "He was just a place-holder" "He doesn't fit"

Wash, rinse, repeat with Hunt.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Mason Marchment ---> becomes --> Denis Malgin ----> becomes --> Dryden Hunt ---> waived.

Don’t look now but Marchment has 1 point in his last 14, 3 in his last 17. Dallas fans are already frustrated 50 games into his new contract.

Almost like his 12 points in 3 games last season really oversold his abilities.

Yes it was a mistake to give up an Marchment, no he would not be on the team today even if not dealt for Malgin. Let’s stop talking about him.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Wow I actually really liked Hunt. Thought he brought speed and hit really hard on the forecheck. There were a few games where the Aston-Reese Holmberg Hunt line was really effective.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
View attachment 639997

Malgin when picked up - "he's versatile", "he could play in the top 6" "he adds depth and skill"
Malgin when traded: - "it was never going to work here" "He was just a place-holder" "He doesn't fit"

Wash, rinse, repeat with Hunt.
That's the really neat thing isn't it. Some things work out, some don't, and it's impossible to predict which do, and which won't... and that includes bringing in stars at the deadline. Hunt did exactly as advertised... but no offense of note.. we tried a cheap option, and now it's time to move on... as it is, he cleared waivers anyway, so we still have him. We shouldn't be fixated on depth guys, particularly 4th line...

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I see a lot of people upset that it wasn't Simmonds instead. My theory is when Dubas signed Simmonds to a two year deal back in '21 there was a handshake agreement that he wouldn't be sent down to the Marlies. Sure he could be waived for paper transactions and increasing his trade value but he wouldn't actually be assigned to the Marlies and be subject to play games there.

In this case they actually needed to clear an NHL roster spot and Hunt had to be the guy

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
I see a lot of people upset that it wasn't Simmonds instead. My theory is when Dubas signed Simmonds to a two year deal back in '21 there was a handshake agreement that he wouldn't be sent down to the Marlies. Sure he could be waived for paper transactions and increasing his trade value but he wouldn't actually be assigned to the Marlies and be subject to play games there.

In this case they actually needed to clear an NHL roster spot and Hunt had to be the guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad