Value of: Drouin trades

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Beautiful Cage isn’t a catchy french name. Lemieux, now there is a name I would drop a 1st for!
Anyone with "beau" in their name is worth a 1st to Montreal.

Acquiring Beaucage would be the first step to building the best line in Habs history :D

Beauviller --- JC Beaudin --- Beaucage
------ Beaulieu ------ N. Beaudin --------

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I agree, however the ONLY way Drouin is traded in a deal in which the Habs get shafted (salary reduction / take back a capdump) is if Bergevin does it to salvage Drouin's career as a show of humanity (at the expense of the Habs organization). But seeing how they are willing to draft a sex-offender in 1st round, i doubt the organization would show that kind of humanity.

Otherwise, there is no need to do it this season. Drouin has indicated he is ready to return to the Habs this season.
Honestly, it will be a story of interest to see how Drouin handles this upcoming season. How he handles the highs and inevitable lows that will follow him around.

The metro is nasty. Habs will be in a battle for a playoff spot. I don’t think it’s a given you’re a playoff team with the NYI, TML, Bruins and Pitt in the mix. Losing Weber and Danault is no small loss. Can Price play well or will he play disinterested ~90% save percentage hockey? He’s not performing as well in the regular season as he does when the switch goes on come playoff time.

You’d like to think a Cup Finals appearance tames the media and fan base but who are we kidding. If Montreal comes out of the gate with a 2-6-2 record, the pressure will be all over the franchise and this guy.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Surely you understand how ironic this post is right?

"Compher doesn't do anything useful on the ice" DROUIN ISNT EVEN ON THE ICE PERIOD.

Ironic, yes.

But true. JTC is basically useless, a head count.

Drouin is in some deep stuff (some might say substance abuse program), but if he turns it around, he can be a very valuable contributor.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Honestly, it will be a story of interest to see how Drouin handles this upcoming season. How he handles the highs and inevitable lows that will follow him around.

The metro is nasty. Habs will be in a battle for a playoff spot. I don’t think it’s a given you’re a playoff team with the NYI, TML, Bruins and Pitt in the mix. Losing Weber and Danault is no small loss. Can Price play well or will he play disinterested ~90% save percentage hockey? He’s not performing as well in the regular season as he does when the switch goes on come playoff time.

You’d like to think a Cup Finals appearance tames the media and fan base but who are we kidding. If Montreal comes out of the gate with a 2-6-2 record, the pressure will be all over the franchise and this guy.

Montreal's schedule to open the season is very easy so something would have to go seriously wrong in Montreal for them to start 2-6-2.

Other than their 3 games against Toronto, NYR, and Carolina their first 11 games feature 8 games against teams who finished in the bottom 10 last year Buffalo/Detroit x2 /San Jose x2, Seattle, LA, and Anaheim all of whom were bottom 10 teams in the league last year (and Rangers weren't far off).

If they really are at 2-6-2 after that run of games the pressure on that team will be nasty.

upload_2021-8-1_0-32-20.png

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal's schedule to open the season is very easy so something would have to go seriously wrong in Montreal for them to start 2-6-2.

Other than their 3 games against Toronto, NYR, and Carolina their first 11 games feature 8 games against teams who finished in the bottom 10 last year Buffalo/Detroit x2 /San Jose x2, Seattle, LA, and Anaheim all of whom were bottom 10 teams in the league last year (and Rangers weren't far off).

If they really are at 2-6-2 after that run of games the pressure on that team will be nasty.

View attachment 458447
Crazy to be thinking about the 2021/2022 season! Seems like just last month the Habs were playing in the finals…. ;)

Reactions: Richard88

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Kinda inconvenient that people who want to be on my ignore list have to go to the trouble and embarrassment of posting another Drouin to Colorado thread. Let alone the people who then think that because Drouin played with MacKinnon a decade ago that the best line in the league should of course be broken up to accomodate Drouin.

Go back to your video games.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kucherov said that Montreal's final was the conference final though? haha
Tampa played the playoffs backwards. The Hardest and best team (Panthers) was the team Tampa beat first. Every following series was against a progressively easier opponent.

Reactions: ultra63

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Tampa played the playoffs backwards. The Hardest and best team (Panthers) was the team Tampa beat first. Every following series was against a progressively easier opponent.

Islanders were tougher.

Hardest opponent to get past 2 years in a row

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
A trade out of Montreal.............is absolutely essential for the player, and the team...........his value, is probably very low, which makes sense since his play was pretty poor.
So be it, the kid needs a fresh start where the fans and media are not driven by hockey 24/7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Congratulations on your run to the final, I bet it was an enjoyable ride. I was very happy when you eliminated Vegas :D

Thanks. Habs did well with their defensive 1st strategy and we really did contain a lot of offensive stars. Even after this run I felt we were a fringe top 10 team but with Danault and Weber out, I feel we are more like in the 10-20 range again.

Depends on what trades are able to pull off and also the growth of Suzuki, Caufield, KK, Evans, & Romanov

Drouin being shopped by the Habs fan base might not be what Bergevin is actually doing. However, if we get in a trade where we bring in a needed guy with salary for futures... Drouin is the logical guy we sent the other way (cap reasons).

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad