Proposal: Drouin/Saad

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Got it so Orpik got a notch on Erik Karlsson too, it make sense now. Thanks Taylor!

Your talking about 2 different types of players. That analogy is lame. Drouin let's just say everyone says this kids has lots of upside potential , however his actions in Tampa and his lackluster performance as of late doesn't make him better than Saad. Saad is having a slump however he has a ring and his style of play makes him a more versatile forward. Drouin doesn't play a solid 2 way game. Let's just say a team that wants to make a serious run for the cup and the GM has a choice between Saad or Drouin id bet a million bucks Saad would be the player that team wants and takes.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Your talking about 2 different types of players. That analogy is lame. Drouin let's just say everyone says this kids has lots of upside potential , however his actions in Tampa and his lackluster performance as of late doesn't make him better than Saad. Saad is having a slump however he has a ring and his style of play makes him a more versatile forward. Drouin doesn't play a solid 2 way game. Let's just say a team that wants to make a serious run for the cup and the GM has a choice between Saad or Drouin id bet a million bucks Saad would be the player that team wants and takes.
Hope you have a large bank account because you'd easily lose that bet.

Reactions: Grabner

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Alzner or Shaw with retention for Saad with no retention. Each team can add some parts to it but this is the only workable deal we got for Saad. Drouin for Saad? Come on man.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hawks get absolutely hosed in both deals.

And the Habs don't get hosed in the Drouin for Saad swap?

Shaw ($1M retained) and Scherbak for Saad and a 2nd or 3rd. This deal works for both teams if the Blackhawks want to move on from Saad and create cap space

- Habs are after picks: Check
- Blackhawks are after cap space: Check (They save about $2.5M in cap space)
- Blackhawks get a familiar player back that is respected on their team (with salary retention). Plus they get a talented but struggling forward in Scherbak.
- Habs get Saad where we need the muscle and size to mix well with our smurf forwards.

If you think you can get more for Saad, all the power too you. The Habs are not drolling over this return just as much as you think Shaw/Scherbak are worth. This is about addressing team needs and it's workable.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011

He gad 53pts as a 21 year old and 46 as a 22 year old (playing center, which he admits is not his preferred postion). This year he has 4pts in 6 games thus far so I’m not quite sure what you mean by "lack-luster". Do you think that all #3 OAs are supposed be PPGs by the time they are 20? Regarding his two-way game, go watch last night’s game and tell me if he isn’t "200 ft" player. He may not be a selke nominee but the kid hustles back and is creating chances more than often not.

Saad is a good player, and his record shows it but to slam Drouin just to pump up Saad is well just...saad.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
And the Habs don't get hosed in the Drouin for Saad swap?

Shaw ($1M retained) and Scherbak for Saad and a 2nd or 3rd. This deal works for both teams if the Blackhawks want to move on from Saad and create cap space

- Habs are after picks: Check
- Blackhawks are after cap space: Check (They save about $2.5M in cap space)
- Blackhawks get a familiar player back that is respected on their team (with salary retention). Plus they get a talented but struggling forward in Scherbak.
- Habs get Saad where we need the muscle and size to mix well with our smurf forwards.

If you think you can get more for Saad, all the power too you. The Habs are not drolling over this return just as much as you think Shaw/Scherbak are worth. This is about addressing team needs and it's workable.

I don't believe the Hawks are desperate for cap space anymore.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
So Hawks give up a top 9 forward and a top pair defenseman for a bunch of dog****...solid proposal...
LOL Hudon't say.. If anything is dog**** it's the OP's proposal. I love how you believe some rookie is a top pairing defenseman after a few games and (Sportsnet Top 15 defenseman in league) Petry is not. Also, Hudon is a top 9 forward himself, only way way less $$$. Keep your trash.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
the only top pair defenseman I see is Petry :popcorn:
Hahahaha . Petry and top pairing does not belong in the same sentence . Only way Petry is a top pairing D if you have a stud of a 1D with him . I like Petry MacT butcher the deal with him and it came back to bit us in the ass but he is not number 1 or number 2 D on a good team

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't believe the Hawks are desperate for cap space anymore.

They are if they want to improve their team from where it's at today. Saad at $6M hurts. Especially the way he has been playing. Saving $2.5M in cap space might be enough space to get Panarin as a UFA this coming summer

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
LOL Hudon't say.. If anything is dog**** it's the OP's proposal. I love how you believe some rookie is a top pairing defenseman after a few games and (Sportsnet Top 15 defenseman in league) Petry is not. Also, Hudon is a top 9 forward himself, only way way less $$$. Keep your trash.

Imagine thinking Jeff Petry will have a better career than Henri Jokiharju and Brandon Saad is worse than Paul Byron...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Hahahaha . Petry and top pairing does not belong in the same sentence . Only way Petry is a top pairing D if you have a stud of a 1D with him . I like Petry MacT butcher the deal with him and it came back to bit us in the ass but he is not number 1 or number 2 D on a good team
Well he is currently playing top pairing and he is not doing bad. The habs are better than anticipated without that so called stud 1D. I don't get the hate on him or dare I say he is under appreciated.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

He's played like a #2 D-man basically his entire tenure in Montreal. And the stats back it up.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I'll take Byron over Saad quite easily. Saad is abysmal.
Saad is good, But Byron is crazy fast and can really put the puck in the net, and he’s on a sweetheart contract.

Drouin for Saad is a no go as well, we aren’t trading our young flashy flying Frenchman, he has too much potential.

We’re going to keep Shaw over Saad as well, Andrew is on a cheaper contract and is a faster player who fits our mold better.

There’s no deal to be made here, you can shut this thread down.

Reactions: teamfirst

bigbenst

Oct 10, 2017
Jonathan Drouin for Brent Seabrook and Adam Boqvist seems a more realistic trade than for Brandon Saad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad