Proposal: Drouin/Saad

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Jonathan Drouin for Brent Seabrook and Adam Boqvist seems a more realistic trade than for Brandon Saad.

As a Habs fan I wouldn't touch that deal. The Habs already have Price and Weber who are both over 30 on very long contracts. I can't see them being interested in also taking on a declining 33 year old Brent Seabrook and his contract which as 5 years remaining after this season @ a 6.875 caphit. Plus Seabrook as NMC until the 21-22 season according to capfriendly so he would have to waive that and hopefully he wouldn't for a move to the Habs.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Fair deal for both, think everyone agrees
Chicago : Domi, Phoeling, Byron
Montreal : Saad, 4th round pick, 6th round pick, and 7th
Montreal gets a young player and stocks up on picks

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Fair deal for both, think everyone agrees
Chicago : Domi, Phoeling, Byron
Montreal : Saad, 4th round pick, 6th round pick, and 7th
Montreal gets a young player and stocks up on picks
You forgot the :sarcasm: or you are not a hockey fan.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
... you didnt notice my name eh bud? im a Flames fan making weird conditions for the Oilers, i was smoking some good green that day/night too
So basically you're an idiot got called out for making an idiotic post and are using the "I'm a Flames fan" on cannabis excuse? mmkay.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As a Habs fan I wouldn't touch that deal. The Habs already have Price and Weber who are both over 30 on very long contracts. I can't see them being interested in also taking on a declining 33 year old Brent Seabrook and his contract which as 5 years remaining after this season @ a 6.875 caphit. Plus Seabrook as NMC until the 21-22 season according to capfriendly so he would have to waive that and hopefully he wouldn't for a move to the Habs.
Do you know who Adam Boqvist is ? Would you do it if the name was Jesperi Kotkaniemi ? Because thats the kind of player Boqvist is.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Drouin for Boqvist is pretty even value-wise but adding Seabrook kills the deal. If we could expand Drouin + other pieces for Boqvist + Saad i'd consider it tho.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Do you know who Adam Boqvist is ? Would you do it if the name was Jesperi Kotkaniemi ? Because thats the kind of player Boqvist is.

Boqvist is a lot less sure of a pick than Kotkaniemi considering his health. I agree with that poster, Seabrook is absolutely the last kind of player we should be acquiring. That contract is next level brutal.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Alzner + Drouin for Seabrook + Boqvist ?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Listen, I am not a fan of the Druin for Sergachev trade, but Druin is still worth substantially more than Saad.

Montreal would be foolish do this, and this is coming from a Leafs/Jets fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad