Drew Doughty incident

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cannot confirm or deny if it was a dive. The slash might have just caught him in a really awkward spot.

Having said that. I first saw the slash talked about in a Facebook post and I was intrigued. Then....I saw the video and my first reaction was to roll my eyes.
That is what I thought when I saw it, looked like the heel caught just below the pants and maybe just above the knee pad.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
When you aren't expecting something like that it can hurt more than usual, especially if it hits a nerve. Going to assume that's what happened.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
So you don't think the total over-reaction and acting is thread worthy?
I'm a Sharks fan and while I assume he sold it a bit, I also think he just happened to get hit right on a nerve. Sharks broadcasters told stories of getting hit in the same place and their leg going numb...I hate the Kings and felt they were embellishing all night but I don't see why that is thread worthy, yes

Reactions: Solmors

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Probably hit the peroneal nerve. Thats going to hurt

f75-02-9781455775774.jpg

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
He may have been hit on a nerve...
... But to be honest, it looked like it got him closer to the front of the knee which the shin guard protects.

Putting that aside, the way he reacted was not how someone would react when getting a nerve hit. The carry on, the beating his fists against the ice, the swearing at officials, before getting assisted from the ice like it was a severe knee injury - only to then return a few minutes later when the Kings got a PP.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this.

At first I was actually scared that he'd broken his leg or some ****. I was thinking he was going to be out for the season maybe not be able to play the same way ever again. The pain seemed so excruciating... And then he throws a temper tantrum in the middle of having had his leg broken, and then I see the replay. What a dive.

It was one of the most blatant cases of embellishment I have ever seen, It was like Neymar in the world cup final bad. Such a lack of class.I just don't even know what to say.

Honestly I hate the **** that has happened to soccer. It's a great sport that is a little tarnished and i'd hate to see it happen to hockey too. I think this should be finable .

Did you ever overdramtize that title...he caught a slash that may or may not have been embellished.....uh....Go Leafs Go!!

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Doughty channeling his inner James Neal on that gem. Pads these days extend to the sides of the knee and that is where this devastating tap landed, what a p***y.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
That doesn't even qualify as a love tap. I've seen sticks move faster on guys simply skating up ice. Furthermore, he caught Doughty flush on the side, where there's plenty of padding.

There was all manner of foul being ignored by officials on that shift, including the blatant tackle Doughty put on Meier that resulted in the play under scrutiny.

Drew should have received a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad