Drew Doughty incident

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
The way he fell it looked like he had a cramp, which may have actually happened, but not something Meier had any ability to cause.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I'll play the devil's advocate here, and say that it still probably hurt. That area is padded, but not nearly as heavily as the front of the knee. Plus, it was the heel of the stick that got him, based on the video. I don't think it tickled.

I just think the response from him was way over the top, and I'm definitely not convinced he didn't go to the locker room just to try to save a little face, and maybe give the NHL a reason not to slap him with a fine. Combine that with him actually grabbing the player and throwing him towards the boards, and it comes across as whiny and entitled from a player who was trying to draw a response from the official after starting the entire situation with an illegal play himself.

The officials can look at replays too, and I don't think this sequence from him is going to give them a reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

With how far is leg is turned to push off, it was a lot closer to the front of the pad than the unprotected back

DD_zpslczxlymj.png

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Yep, not a fun spot to get hit. I'm sure it hurt. But not even a two minute slash. And don't leave the ****ing game to sell your point. That was probably the most embarrassing embellishment of his career frankly. Usually his antics are temper tantrums and yelling at people and refs which is kind of whatever but this was a Mike-Ribiero-tier sell job and it disgusts me. Doughty can be a total chode a lot of the time but this is new territory and I hate it.

I did get hit with a mediocre shot there Tuesday night and I'm still feeling it today though, that **** stings. But I didn't "Platoon" my way to death.

Actually most of the Kings fans are reassuring it's a dive, and it's mostly non-Kings fans giving him a benefit of the doubt.

But don't let facts cloud your attempted shot, fire away!

I didn’t say all (or even most) Kings fans said it wasn’t a dive, I said the only people who would say that isn’t a dive is either a Kings fan or hasn’t played much hockey before.

Glad to hear most Kings fans are calling it what it is.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I really don't wanna sound all "you gotta play the game to know" but as someone that has played the game, there is actually very minimal padding in that area there and it looks like the heel of Meier's stick caught him in that exact spot. That was a pretty nice whack too. Getting hit right on the side of the knee like that will hurt like a bitch. But he'll be fine.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
He didnt get hit in the back of the knee, he got hit in the side and that part has protection. There was no pain, slash was very soft. Sad embellishment to put his face on the ice and pound his hands
Wow, you determine if there was pain or not sitting on your can watching the game on TV you need to market this gift you have. Amazing!!!

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Meier will get his head taken off eventually for being a douchebag, and it will be a beautiful sight.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Wow, you determine if there was pain or not sitting on your can watching the game on TV you need to market this gift you have. Amazing!!!

So according to you, I'm not allowed to say there was no pain but you are perfectly allowed to say there probably was pain. What a gift

BTW I use common sense, most people wouldnt call that a gift but then some people in the world probably call clean water a gift

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
It wasn’t a dive , he did whine like a bitch but it is exactly like getting hit in the funny bone , it goes numb for a minute . He got it rubbed off and came back . f*** yall

Reactions: Kingspiracy

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
It wasn’t a dive , he did whine like a ***** but it is exactly like getting hit in the funny bone , it goes numb for a minute . He got it rubbed off and came back . **** yall

You can rub it of at a bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->