TSN: Dreger on the Radio - No Interest in Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It seems like Holland is trying to showcase him

It's a risky move, but hopefully it works out. Holland is gambling

Respectfully, that makes no sense.

He's been showcased for 47 games this season. 1 game isn't going to make or break a pending trade. What 1 game can do though is lead to injury which negates any potential deal.

There's no win in it for Detroit. If a team is so incompetent that they need to see him one an extra game to know if they want him, then help us all that these people make millions.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Ansar Khan‏ @AnsarKhanMLive 3s3 seconds ago

#RedWings Holland said Vanek is in, will play sparingly. Said they want to win, outweighs concern of injury risk.

Ugh ok lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He's been showcased for 47 games this season. 1 game isn't going to make or break a pending trade. What 1 game can do though is lead to injury which negates any potential deal.

There's no win in it for Detroit. If a team is so incompetent that they need to see him one an extra game to know if they want him, then help us all that these people make millions.

My pro scouts say he has been skating even worse since the ankle issue and the other nicks this season. I won't give you the one, I just cannot do it.... Watch him yourself, it could really be that simple.

If Vanek cannot make it through one game where he knows several teams will be watching him I don't know what to tell you. Vanek is a weird one around the trade deadline though, not sure I have seen an offensive stud like him go through two stranger deadlines, with Dreger now reporting nobody is calling about him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Ansar Khan‏ @AnsarKhanMLive 3s3 seconds ago

#RedWings Holland said Vanek is in, will play sparingly. Said they want to win, outweighs concern of injury risk.

Ugh ok lol
Then hopefully it's 4-1 after 20 minutes, Vanek gets the lone goal, and he can sit the rest of the night.

Seriously...Holland gonna Holland...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holland saw my post about winning the remaining 22 games to tie last year's wins. Pull out all the stops!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My pro scouts say he has been skating even worse since the ankle issue and the other nicks this season. I won't give you the one, I just cannot do it.... Watch him yourself, it could really be that simple.

If Vanek cannot make it through one game where he knows several teams will be watching him I don't know what to tell you. Vanek is a weird one around the trade deadline though, not sure I have seen an offensive stud like him go through two stranger deadlines, with Dreger now reporting nobody is calling about him.

One game is going to change their mind on giving up a 1st... you genuinely believe that?

Idk what to tell you man, you know pro scouts don't put a ton of stock into 1 game like that.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

Lol, how so?

Scouts will be watching for sure. It's a chance to solidify a trade.

Would I do it? No. But I can see why Holland is letting him play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It must be tough with Holland getting full value out of Jurco and Smith...

Oh well there it is that is it, look at what he is doing now... :rolleyes:

Full marks to some, I guess we cannot claim it as hindsight for many if Vanek does have a freak accident. With the mumps outbreak we should have just left him in Detroit all bubble wrapped at Metro...

giphy.gif

Can we have a day on here this season, just one day without.... :badidea:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Here is the question then:

Do you stick to your guns and demand a 1st right up until the deadline or do you take what ever you can, even if it's a third?

2nds and 3rds are nice, but I think I'd rather see Holland go down swinging on the big ticket. He certainly needs to posture this way even if he really would accept a 3rd round pick last minute.

Depends if he will decline next year

I'm leaning to go to anything that gets us something. But he could have a good year again and get us a first rounder

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Full marks to some, I guess we cannot claim it as hindsight for many if Vanek does have a freak accident. With the mumps outbreak we should have just left him in Detroit all bubble wrapped at Metro...

giphy.gif

I'm lost. What?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

giphy.gif

Everyone was happy with those trades, have a drink and don't worry about it bud :)

Let's just bubble wrap Vanek to be safe.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm lost. What?

All we do is complain, it is exhausting. I know the team is bad, but it is just one thing after the other, even when we have swung good trades the last week the idiot line comes firing out immediately.

The most likely part of moving Vanek is games played % being involved. We are going to want him to be healthy for more than one game, plus other teams are going to want him contributing immediately. Pretty well documented that everyone coming off the entire week needs to knock some of the rust off their games. I don't see this as the biggest issue. You can all be very right if he loses an ACL tonight.

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
All we do is complain, it is exhausting. I know the team is bad, but it is just one thing after the other, even when we have swung good trades the last week the idiot line comes firing out immediately.

The most likely part of moving Vanek is games played % being involved. We are going to want him to be healthy for more than one game, plus other teams are going to want him contributing immediately. Pretty well documented that everyone coming off the entire week needs to knock some of the rust off their games. I don't see this as the biggest issue. You can all be very right if he loses an ACL tonight.

He's done good with Smith and Jurco, so full marks to him there. But there's a lot to be displeased about.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
He's done good with Smith and Jurco, so full marks to him there. But there's a lot to be displeased about.

How about instead of pondering the past, this board looks towards the future?

Of course he's made mistakes, but it seems like he realizes, 'hey, it's time for change' -

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Well Holland said on pre-game that he hopes to get a couple more picks tomorrow so he must be confident in another move or 2

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
How about instead of pondering the past, this board looks towards the future?

Of course he's made mistakes, but it seems like he realizes, 'hey, it's time for change' -

Honestly if we see a new Kenny from here on out I think most of us will be happy to support his moves, but it will take a while before I trust him. He's made sufficient decisions in the last 5 years that are about as close to objectively terrible as it generally gets to completely lose my trust as a fan.

Now he's also done some good things and I used to think he was a good GM so if he keeps getting good value in trades, focuses on building for the future, stops with the horrendous contracts and does what he can to clear the bad contracts he's inflicted upon himself, well perhaps I'll think he's a good GM again...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless he's done very well at this deadline and I'm generally happy with his drafting so here's hoping that he can get the ball rolling for this rebuild and resist the voice in his head that got us here.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Hansen just got Goldobin and a conditional 4th. I can't see Vanek not getting a quality return. Prices have been quite high this year and he is the most notable player available tomorrow

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Hansen just got Goldobin and a conditional 4th. I can't see Vanek not getting a quality return. Prices have been quite high this year and he is the most notable player available tomorrow

My biggest worry now is that most of the buyers have addressed their needs and we get left on the dance floor without a partner so have to accept that weird dude we don't really like because any dancing is better than none at all.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Betting on Vanek to Pittsburgh either tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad