TSN: Dreger on the Radio - No Interest in Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Greg Brady‏ @sn590gbrady 10m10 minutes ago

Thomas Vanek OUT for tonight's game against the Canucks. I'd expect a trade annoucement before the team plane leaves for Alberta. #NHLTrade

Here we go

Yeah. Dreger can shut his filthy mouth.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Greg Brady‏ @sn590gbrady 10m10 minutes ago

Thomas Vanek OUT for tonight's game against the Canucks. I'd expect a trade annoucement before the team plane leaves for Alberta. #NHLTrade

Here we go

Keep the draft picks coming baby, I love it.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Ansar Khan‏ @AnsarKhanMLive 45s45 seconds ago

Remains to be seen if Thomas Vanek will be pulled from lineup tonight. Ken Holland just said: "Not that I'm aware of right now." #RedWings

lol hmm

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Greg Brady‏ @sn590gbrady 4m4 minutes ago

To reset: Holland telling @AnsarKhanMLive Vanek will play. There's a lot of interest. I'd be shocked if he plays, but willing to be wrong.

Greg Brady‏ @sn590gbrady 52s52 seconds ago

I have modified the tweet -- I'm not comfortable with "OUT" b/c it makes it look like DRW are saying it, & that's not fair to team/player.

Greg Brady‏ @sn590gbrady 1m1 minute ago

I have been told not to expect him to end up playing tonight & that the activity is so considerable, that a trade gets done for him. Done.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holland stop playing games and just sit him. Geez. No point in rolling him out there.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
How awesome would it be if we trade him to Edmonton? No need to catch a ride, we'll fly him there with us and deliver him for the next game :laugh:

Huh? So if we get nothing and he walks this summer, that's fine?

Holland will get something out of this, as he should. 2nd rounders are pretty valuable, and Vanek can at least return that.

I think I can settle for a 2nd rounder at absolute wost case scenario, anything lower than that I would not take, I don't care if he walks, in the long run this effects Kenny more in future deadlines.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Bucci Mane‏Verified account @Buccigross 3m3 minutes ago

It appears @DetroitRedWings have 2-3 teams kicking the tires on Vanek. See where the price goes tomorrow.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Bucci Mane‏Verified account @Buccigross 3m3 minutes ago

It appears @DetroitRedWings have 2-3 teams kicking the tires on Vanek. See where the price goes tomorrow.

I would bet money that if the Habs get thrashed by the Blue Jackets tonight, and if the offense was lacking, that Montreal of all teams will pay up for him. If Vanek gives a serious effort in the playoffs, which it would only make sense for him to do given his upcoming UFA status, he could very well redeem himself in the eyes of MTL fans and management.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I would bet money that if the Habs get thrashed by the Blue Jackets tonight, and if the offense was lacking, that Montreal of all teams will pay up for him. If Vanek gives a serious effort in the playoffs, which it would only make sense for him to do given his upcoming UFA status, he could very well redeem himself in the eyes of MTL fans and management.

Does GMMB still have a 1st?

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Dan Murphy‏Verified account @sportsnetmurph 2m2 minutes ago

As of right now #canucks Hansen, Miller and #wings Vanek and Sheahan expected to play tonight.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013

I was hoping he would go to Boston and then see Montreal in the playoffs. That would be far more interesting. I would take just a 3rd to make that happen

Berg, tv and the Marschand would be a pretty good line .

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I think letting Vanek play tonight would be stupid. Is this game so important that it could potentially cost us a 1st rder?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think letting Vanek play tonight would be stupid. Is this game so important that it could potentially cost us a 1st rder?

yeah him getting injured the day before the deadline would be so incredibly pointless and dumb(and not THAT unlikely given his age and such)

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
I have to admit, I don't get the people that want to either keep Vanek and sign an extension and/or trade him and resign him in the off season. This team is not going to be good for at least two more seasons, possibly more. We need cap space more than an older player on the wrong side of 32 who will probably command at least 3 X $3-4 mil.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Helene St. James‏Verified account @HeleneStJames 2m2 minutes ago

Hearing Thomas Vanek is playing tonight.
Steve Ott out for #DETvsVAN

Unreal, why take the risk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Helene St. James‏Verified account @HeleneStJames 2m2 minutes ago

Hearing Thomas Vanek is playing tonight.
Steve Ott out for #DETvsVAN

Unreal, why take the risk

That's idiotic, but whatever.

Score a hat trick and get us a 1st tomorrow Tommy.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Unreal. It's common sense 101 to sit him tonight. How can executive level positions make such poor judgments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad