Rumor: Dreger on Team 1260 in Edmonton (Connolly)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What if it was Ryan Whitney? He's been a scratch for like 3 of the past 5.

Because he's been awful. If you get scratched as a dman on that team, you obviously aren't playing well. I'd want nothing to do with him, even in a Connolly/Whitney swap type of scenario.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Edmonton's just a young team with not a lot of mojo.

I think Whitney could be effective again in the right situation. But don't see what he would add here, or any of those players really. Even as we're banged up on D, and are missing Lupul...at some point I believe all of those players will have to come back, then the Leafs are going to have to make a lot of tough decisions. Because I don't think the players we put on waivers get through.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Aside from their goalie, the only players I'd want from Edmonton are one of their young players. Edmonton won't part with them and if they were to, it would take more than Connolly to get them so I say no thanks. Connolly comes off the books after this year. Despite retaining some of his cap with him playing on the Marlies, I'm fine with that. It doesn't pose an issue to our cap and the Marlies can benefit from his experience.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Dreger was on TSN 1050 this morning and found it very suspicious that Reimer only has an MCL sprain. Said it looked a lot worse then what it actually is.

Now i speculate that there may be a possibility the leafs divulge a minor injury so that a pending trade for a goalie goes down and the price doesnt go up?

lol

wyldthing89

Jan 26, 2006
St-Gedeon Quebec
i225.photobucket.com
Connolly cleared NHL waivers, so that means every team passed on him (mainly his contract). The reason a team like Edmonton would have taken him in a trade is to dump one of their toxic contracts. Unfortunately, players are valued not only by their talent/age/potential, but by their cap hit. Eg. Luongo may be the best goalie in the world, but combine this with his advanced age and 10 year contract, his value is minimal at best. Bottomline, Connolly has been treated properly by the Leafs.

I can't assume that Nonis have not try but lets face it, Carlyle play McLaren instead of calling him, Frattin before, no problems and it was a great decision since he is one of the best player right now for the Leafs. Connolly is a lot better than Steckel and a few others in the line-up right now.

My 1st thought was that Carlyle is not Nonis's man to coach and is the Leafs used to have a bad start he would fire him and put his own coach and this new coach could use Timmy but Leafs doing really well right now. Assuming they treat him well, i don't buy that, they should call him up at least once with few injuries that Leafs had and they didn't.

It's not up to the agent where the player goes.

No they don't but they can give their opinion and since we don't know exactly what him and Nonis talked about him, it's hard to say anything but if they don't at least try especially when the guy accepted to play in the minors, something he never done and without any bad things said about Leafs organisation, they should at least try to deal him. But this is all speculation, i could be wrong :)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I can't assume that Nonis have not try but lets face it, Carlyle play McLaren instead of calling him, Frattin before, no problems and it was a great decision since he is one of the best player right now for the Leafs. Connolly is a lot better than Steckel and a few others in the line-up right now.

My 1st thought was that Carlyle is not Nonis's man to coach and is the Leafs used to have a bad start he would fire him and put his own coach and this new coach could use Timmy but Leafs doing really well right now. Assuming they treat him well, i don't buy that, they should call him up at least once with few injuries that Leafs had and they didn't.

No they don't but they can give their opinion and since we don't know exactly what him and Nonis talked about him, it's hard to say anything but if they don't at least try especially when the guy accepted to play in the minors, something he never done and without any bad things said about Leafs organisation, they should at least try to deal him. But this is all speculation, i could be wrong :)

They'll deal him if the deal is right for the Leafs. They arent going to take on a greater burder just to move him.

I expect at the deadline someone will pick him up. GMs go crazy that day.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They'll deal him if the deal is right for the Leafs. They arent going to take on a greater burder just to move him.

I expect at the deadline someone will pick him up. GMs go crazy that day.

At the deadline Connolly is more or less a free player, and carries zero commitment beyond this season.

I don't expect there'd be much return but if someone wants him the Leafs will release him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad