TSN Radio Dreger: Jonathan Bernier could play himself onto 2014 Olympic team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If it happens then that means Bernier will have been nothing short of stellar for the Leafs, which would be the far better news than JB warming the bench in Sochi.

I'm not sure everybody is on board with the possibility of Bernier being stellar in the Leafs nets...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I'm not sure everybody is on board with the possibility of Bernier being stellar in the Leafs nets...

Agree.

Bernier is all hype
Bolland is a 4th line plug
Clarkson is a 4th line plug as well.

Grabo was god.
Rielly is still in diapers and is a pylon.

Did I miss any one?

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
No offence to Reimer lovers, but the fact his name isn't even mentioned in the mix tells us all we need to about relying on blanket stats to make an argument. Hockey people don't seem to see him as a top flight guy-once again save percentage isn't the only story- which also explains why Nonis STILL went after Bernier even with Reimer's "stats".

and we all know that hockey executives are infallible. daigle, long term contracts, zherdev, cam barker all prove that right?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

Oh, no doubt. There are many who will secretly...or not so secretly...will be cheering against Bernier. Which is bizarre, but don't ask me to explain the sports fan.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Oh, no doubt. There are many who will secretly...or not so secretly...will be cheering against Bernier. Which is bizarre, but don't ask me to explain the sports fan.

It's because some people have hurt feelings for Reimer and would pick "whats better for JR" over "whats best for the team". Doesn't make much sense to me either.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Agree.

Bernier is all hype

Grabo was god.

Did I miss any one?

Frattin is the next Dustin Brown, don't forget.

Sums up the offseason on this board, good job guys.

PLAY THA KIDZZZZ!

Seriously i'm all for drafting and developing but there are just some ridiculous fans who get mad no matter what move is made. Seems like any signing or trade there are complaints and people who just want to promote within even if there's nothing there.

If we made no moves and only drafted our team of active players would look like this(a thread I created on the main board)

Tlusty-Kadri-Kulemin
Steen-Bozak-Frattin
Stalberg-Antropov-Boyes
Ponikarovsky-Komarov-Hayes

Gunnarsson-Schenn
Colaicovo-White
Kaberle-Stralman
Holzer

Rask
Reimer

Yes it doesn't include picks we traded away but that's not to say we'd select the same players used with those picks anyways.

Not too impressive is it?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Talk about giving to much hype before he even gets here. He hasn't even started for an NHL team and we are talking about him starting in the Olympics for Canada?... What?..

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Talk about giving to much hype before he even gets here. He hasn't even started for an NHL team and we are talking about him starting in the Olympics for Canada?... What?..

who is talking about that?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Well some of us diehards are hoping the Bernier trade is a home run for our Leafs, and it would be great if he made team Canada with his stellar play.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Well some of us diehards are hoping the Bernier trade is a home run for our Leafs, and it would be great if he made team Canada with his stellar play.

Most fans would like like it if Bernier ends up being an elite #1 goaltender. I hope though, that if Bernier does crash and burn and Frattin ends up a perennial 30+ goal scorer, you will criticize the deal in the future.

vwbm

Aug 27, 2013
Agree.

Bernier is all hype

Grabo was god.

Did I miss any one?

Agreed with you bud
The amount of (negative) trolls on this forum is unbelievable.(double negative for effect!)

Maybe it's the closet leaf fans who are so entrenched with the past losing
They're in denial with believing any hype without results.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
You guys really let the media influence you. People can throw any **** around about the leafs and you guys will eat it up, **** it out and eat it again. It's slow, people are stirring the pot.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Agreed with you bud
The amount of (negative) trolls on this forum is unbelievable.(double negative for effect!)

Maybe it's the closet leaf fans who are so entrenched with the past losing
They're in denial with believing any hype without results.

....isn't that a good thing, being a skeptical consumer of information?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't really care about Team Canada right now. Reimer should have gotten an invite but it seems like he's invisible.

Bernier is unproven but he'll get a chance to prove himself.

Our defense is so DAMN good that it allows 32+ shots and still manages to "protect" it's goaltender.

Some idiots on these boards think that goalies like Pavelec and Varlamov are better than Reimer :laugh:.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Sums up the offseason on this board, good job guys.

PLAY THA KIDZZZZ!

Seriously i'm all for drafting and developing but there are just some ridiculous fans who get mad no matter what move is made. Seems like any signing or trade there are complaints and people who just want to promote within even if there's nothing there.

If we made no moves and only drafted our team of active players would look like this(a thread I created on the main board)

Tlusty-Kadri-Kulemin
Steen-Bozak-Frattin
Stalberg-Antropov-Boyes
Ponikarovsky-Komarov-Hayes

Gunnarsson-Schenn
Colaicovo-White
Kaberle-Stralman
Holzer

Rask
Reimer

Yes it doesn't include picks we traded away but that's not to say we'd select the same players used with those picks anyways.

Not too impressive is it?

But what about our 4 first round picks since the Kadri pick? Probably all lottery picks with that roster. Still prefer our roster over this hypothetical.

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
Pretty much any goalie/player can play his way onto the olympic team.. just because he mentions a Leaf the world implodes

ForSpareParts*

If Dreger had any love for the Leafs he wouldn't broadcast such things. I want Bernier to play well for the leafs. I want him to walk before he runs. I can't imagine the pressure he's under right now.

ForSpareParts*

It also speaks loudly about Price, Lu, Smith, Holtby, and Crawford.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I guess it's a good thing that I don't even remember who we traded to get Bernier.

I still think the job is Reimer's to lose. And by job I mean for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad