Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
not a chance. chevy grinds rfa's. he will grind him to tops 9aav

Last edited:

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
A tad much, maybe. But he is an elite goalscorer. Think 10 like Eichel would fit well in this case.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Considering what Eichel signed for ($10 million AAV long term), it is hard for me to see how he would sign for anything less.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Lol... Laine is not a 11 mill player

As of now I couldn't justify paying more than 8 or so. Turns the puck over a lot, absolutely useless on the breakout, not anywhere close to being an elite passer. His impact on a shift to shift basis isn't anywhere close to the players who are making that kind of money.

He needs to improve a lot this season in order to earn that kind of money. I'm a Jets and Laine fan saying this.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Lol... Laine is not a 11 mill player

As of now I couldn't justify paying more than 8 or so. Turns the puck over a lot, absolutely useless on the breakout, not anywhere close to being an elite passer. His impact on a shift to shift basis isn't anywhere close to the players who are making that kind of money.

He needs to improve a lot this season in order to earn that kind of money. I'm a Jets and Laine fan saying this.

I believe that Laine's flaws are probably irrelevant if he is already a 40 goal scorer and likely higher in the future. His unique skill (goal scoring) is immensely valuable, regardless of any other holes in his game.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I reall hope not. Of Laine is getting 11 than marner will have every right to ask for 9-9.5 and Matthew's 12.
I guess you missed Bob's cast at the end of June... saying 12M & 10M for the 2 TOR players due next year

as for OP, yes I full y expect a salary in that range

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I dunno if he;'ll actually get it, but it's not that outrageous a "want", really.

How many guys in the league have scored 44 goals in a year? I know Ovechkin makes less, but he signed his deal some years ago, when things were cheaper.

That kind of scoring puts bums in seats & means MAJOR MONEY.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Not a chance in hell. If that's his ask he'll be sitting a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad