Votes: 79 28.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
not that easily, Larkin has A LOT of ceiling to still hit.

He's not done yet.
And Draisaitl doesn’t? They’re the same age, my guy.

Draisaitl was top 10 in scoring in 2016/2017 outplayed McDavid in the playoffs, was a top 20 scorer last year and is on pace for ~105 points this year.

Guy is incredible underrated.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Larkin has drastically improved this year. I don't see how he isn't a top 15 center in the NHL within the next few years. The kid's got wheels.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Draisaitl if you need a winger. Larkin if a center.
How about if you have equal team needs across all positions? How about if this was an expansion teams first choice in building a roster?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
How about if you have equal team needs across all positions? How about if this was an expansion teams first choice in building a roster?

I’d choose Larkin. Can be trusted against top lines and doesn’t need the best player in the league to consistently produce. Also makes less.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
And Draisaitl doesn’t? They’re the same age, my guy.

Draisaitl was top 10 in scoring in 2016/2017 outplayed McDavid in the playoffs, was a top 20 scorer last year and is on pace for ~105 points this year.

Guy is incredible underrated.
This

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yes you’re the least biased person with your username and profile pic.

I’ve voted for Draisaitl in many past polls FWIW. Pretty sure against Larkin before too.

I know it’s easy to look at that and discredit me but it is possible to be a fan of a player and still look at them objectively against other players.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
This is getting ridiculous. I get that it's basically a HF tradition by now to hate on anything Oilers, but come on. I know Detroit fans like their guy and he's having a career year and all, but Leon has outproduced him every single year, including this one.

Got people trying to devalue Drai by calling him a winger or discrediting his scoring because he sometimes plays on the same line as Connor.

Must be something in the water down in Michigan.

Reactions: Llamamoto

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Its closer than most would think this season. I would still pick Draisatl just because hes more proven but if Larkin got to play the majority of his minutes with McDavid I think the answer might be different. Obviously Draisatl was a 3rd overall pick so he was a bit more ready to step in and make an impact but going forward this could still go either way.

If youre building a team from scratch Larkin might be the better choice. Hes proving he can handle number one center duties and play all facets of the game. I'm not sure Draisatl can legitimately do that as a center. I know Draisatl has played decent hockey away from McDavid but whats the longest hes actually went without playing with him and actually being productive?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl by a lot.

I do like Larkin though, he’s a good player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad