• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
This is getting ridiculous. I get that it's basically a HF tradition by now to hate on anything Oilers, but come on. I know Detroit fans like their guy and he's having a career year and all, but Leon has outproduced him every single year, including this one.

Got people trying to devalue Drai by calling him a winger or discrediting his scoring because he sometimes plays on the same line as Connor.

Must be something in the water down in Michigan.

“Sometimes”? Hmmmmmm......

And “all the time” on the PP.

Not saying he’s not a great player. He is. But he’s made a lot better playing with McDavid.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd go with Drai.

I dont think anyone can really argue against a 105 point, 50 goal season at this point you have to go Draisatl. But I really do wonder what numbers Larkin would put up with McDavid. Without McDavid I think Draisatl might be more of an 85 point guy. Hes never had to be the guy like Larkin or McDavid has for their own teams. I think Larkin might be more of an 80 point guy right now to Draisatls 85, but plays a better all around game

Any poll with Draisatl in it is always going to have this aspect to it though. At the end of the day you can argue against 50 goals but there is definitely a "what if" aspect to this poll compared to most others youll see

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

When using this Natural Stat Trick on-ice line tool:

McDavid with Draisaitl, Goals 103-73 = +30, (GF% 58.5%)
McD without Draisaitl, Goals 100-76 = +24, (GF% 56.2%)
Draisaitl without McD, Goals 60-76 = -16 (GF% 44.1%)
Team without either, Goals 156-197 = -41 (GF% 44.2%)

That was 3-year data. Looks like Draisaitl alone is worse or on par than rest of team. Rough stat to argue against.

It would be if you ignored the context of Drai playing with Ahl callibre players when he is not with McD. As all of you haters do....

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The classic type of response from someone who has just lost an arguement

I mean, this was the first interaction McFlash97 and I had in this thread, so must have been one hell of a lame argument. :laugh:

Also, McFlash already made your point 9 months ago. You could've saved yourself from looking ignorant by just reading 3 posts later...

Umm... That's the 2nd post I've made in this thread. The first I conceded that Draisaitl was the winner.

As for changing topics, the shot was fired over your calling Detroit a dump. If you can't dish it out...

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
It’s not false. Draisaitl’s production drops significantly without McDavid.

Now can you explain why? People like you love to ignore context which makes you biased.

I swear, people love to ignore the fact that hockey is a team game in order to try and prove a point.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It would be if you ignored the context of Drai playing with Ahl callibre players when he is not with McD. As all of you haters do....

He is not ignoring that context. He is comparing the performance of those AHL caliber players with Draisaitl to the performance of those AHL caliber players without Draisaitl. Their performance is better without him.

Reactions: bigbabybuda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->