Draisaitl Vs Gaudreau

Who is the better player

• Gaudreau

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Let me know when anyone outside of him or the 3M line does anything to drive play at forward. FFS the guys involved in over 50% of Calgary’s total offence, how are people still so dense?

Monahan does a lot more than the 3M line so there's that right off the bat.

Also how can you say he is the only offensive piece and then tout the 3M line at the same time?

This also ignores the defense we have providing offense.

But I do agree, how are people still so dense?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Monahan does a lot more than the 3M line so there's that right off the bat.

Also how can you say he is the only offensive piece and then tout the 3M line at the same time?

This also ignores the defense we have providing offense.

But I do agree, how are people still so dense?

Outside of score Monahan does little to drive offense. He’s not a line driver like Gaudreau is. A Monahan without Johnny is a likely 20/20 centre maybe at 25/20 centre. Similar to Draisaitl; he’s not a guy who’ll carry his own line very far.

The 3M line has the ability to pace the game like Gaudreau is why I mentioned them in the same breath.

Also, for our defensive offence, over 50% of the offense still comes from our little engine. Again density in question here.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There is a lot of maybes and buts in that post to try and justify your position.

Brodie, Gio and Hamilton are all above average offensive defensemen.

The 3M line was fine last year at creating offense, jury still out this year.

And Monahan is more than adequate as an offensive center who can drive play.

Maybe if Monahan is playing with 4th line scrubs the numbers are low but in any other top line in the league he is putting up similar if not better numbers.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
There is a lot of maybes and buts in that post to try and justify your position.

Brodie, Gio and Hamilton are all above average offensive defensemen.

The 3M line was fine last year at creating offense, jury still out this year.

And Monahan is more than adequate as an offensive center who can drive play.

Maybe if Monahan is playing with 4th line scrubs the numbers are low but in any other top line in the league he is putting up similar if not better numbers.

Monahan is absolutely not a play driving center. His offensive game is completely one dimensional.

Without Gaudreau he's not a first line center.

Reactions: BHD

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Drai is a 55-60 point VERY good second liner, solid 1st liner without McJesus. JG is the answer

LOL come on man have you even seen him play? He was the playoff ppg leader and wasnt playing with McDavid.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well, he has to do a lot of other thing cause Gaudreau's ability to generate offense is special

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
You must of missed last season

Recorded Seasons:
Gaudreau - 30G/48A in 79GP on a team without any 1st overall picks on his line
Draisaitl - 29G / 48A in 82GP with 1st overall pick linemate Connor McDavid
Gaudreau - 65 points in 81GP as a rookie
Gaudreau - 61 points in 72GP playing with Alex Chiasson
Draisaitl - 51 Points in 72GP while his 1st overall pick linemate Taylor Hall had 65 Points
Draisaitl - 9 Points in 37GP while he turned his 1st overall pick linemate Yakupov into an NHL bust as a rookie

Currently:

Gaudreau - 5th in NHL PPG playing with Micheal Ferland and Sean Monahan who according to Oilers fans is inferior to Draisaitl too
Draisaitl - 31st in NHL PPG with 1st overall pick linemate Connor McDavid

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You must of missed last season, but that's to no surprise, probably still wondering how the flames got murdered with their 5 lines of depth.

Yeah the Oilers are so great with their lottery picks...oh wait :laugh:

Ronald Pagan

Feb 8, 2005
This is quite easily Gaudreau.

Drai's a nice player but he can't even carry a line let alone a whole team's offense.

Eye test is all you need. We really haven't seen a player like Gaudreau before. His mix of hockey sense, quickness and hands is truly unique.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
All the Flames posts after a 3 point game against Detroit

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Draisaitl because he is not one dimensional. Draisaitl can hit you, protect the puck like a boss, break your ankles with a slick pass or shoot a laser beam into your net.

A player you build your team around and win with.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Draisaitl - 9 Points in 37GP while he turned his 1st overall pick linemate Yakupov into an NHL bust as a rookie

Hahah there's a new one. You're always creative I'll give you that.

Pretty close for me. I totally understand people wanting Leon to carry his own line before he can be called better. I'm a pretty big advocate for splitting up McDrai, especially considering how much we've struggled to score so far.

Reactions: flamesforcup

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Draisaitl because he is not one dimensional. Draisaitl can hit you, protect the puck like a boss, break your ankles with a slick pass or shoot a laser beam into your net.

A player you build your team around and win with.
lol he has to be stapled to Mcdavid to put up points. He goes away from Mcdavid with the pathetic winger depth the Oilers have and he wouldnt sniff Monahan let alone Gaudreau. If Draisaitl can replicate his production alone than it will be close but until than i think anyone who has objectivelly watched both play will say the better player is Gaudreau ainec

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
9 points with Slepyshev and Lucic against Anaheim's playoff D

meanwhile the Flames got swept by that same team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad