Draisaitl Vs Gaudreau

Who is the better player

• Gaudreau

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Gaudreau has the best season out of either of them (78 points in 79 games vs 77 points in 82 games) despite Leon being glued to McDavid's hip last season and so far this season.

Gaudreau has also been way better so far this season so gotta go with Johnny

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Draisaitl needs to show he can do it alone.

Until he does that, this is Johnny no question. Remember he outshined all of the forwards on that U-23 team, even McDavid. If he was playing with that caliber of team mate, who knows what kind of points he would be putting up.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
going with the center (he was dominant with Hall)

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
One play with a top 2 player in the world and still had a lesser career year, drai isnt a center either. Its gaudreau rn

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Gaudreau has the best season out of either of them (78 points in 79 games vs 77 points in 82 games) despite Leon being glued to McDavid's hip last season and so far this season.

Gaudreau has also been way better so far this season so gotta go with Johnny
I guess monahan is just a garbage player then?

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I like Gaudreau and think he's a great player and can see why some would take him over Drai, before Flames fans lose their minds...

Gaudreau is the better offensive player but Draisaitl is more valuable and I highly doubt many teams would take Gaudreau over a a big guy that can play Center or RW and bring it to another level in the playoffs.

Pretty clearly Gaudreau. Could you imagine him with McDavid full time?

Yikes.

Drai and McDavid together are just fine thanks.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Gaudreau wins at this time. He is pretty amazing to watch.
Chia overpaid for Drai in a large and sad way. McDavid had to negotiate Chia downward!?!? 8.5 for Drai, 6.75 for Johnny...
Made it to the second round, and everyone got a bit excited, including our July trading GM.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Drai's inability to carry his own line is concerning.

While Gaudreau carries the entire flames offence.

Anaheim Ducks disagree

injured McDavid, Hall's Oilers disagree

you can choose Gaudreau without bashing Draisaitl

both great players but like I said I prefer to go with the big center. Just wait when Oilers have a line-up that doesn't consist of Pat Maroon being the 3rd best player (bless his heart)

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Probably pretty close, but I'll go with Johnny.

Keep seeing these claims that Draisaitl is some big 2 way C beast. He's not playing center, and has only done so sporadically so far in the NHL, mostly with a #1 pick on his line. Other than his salary, what is backing up this assertion?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Id take Gaudreau because he carries us. I dont think Draisaitl could carry the flames offense like Gaudreau. But for the Oilers Draisaitl is better because they can use size. Cant go wrong either way but Gaudreaus probably more impactful today and i dont think anyone can argue that

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Right now I would take Gaudreau. Long term I think Draisaitl has a better overall career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->