• Gaudreau

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
:laugh:blind homer, of course.

What am I supposed to say when you straight up refuse to make an argument?

Gaudreau has been the better player - by far - ever since he entered the league. He's out produced him by a significant margin while playing much better 2 way hockey.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
What am I supposed to say when you straight up refuse to make an argument?

Gaudreau has been the better player - by far - ever since he entered the league. He's out produced him by a significant margin while playing much better 2 way hockey.

how about this, if and when Johnny has over a PPG season, or better yet, a PPG season, then you come let me know.
Hall has done that, johnny?...not yet.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
how about this, if and when Johnny has over a PPG season, or better yet, a PPG season, then you come let me know.

By that metric, would you agree that Henrik Sedin is better than McDavid?

You see why I say that's not a reasonable argument?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I guess that's crooked a bit, I mean 78 in 79 is basically a PPG season, but i get your point.

Gaudreau's career: 230/250 = 0.92 ppg
Hall's career: 400/471 = 0.85 ppg

I guess the argument Gaudreau outproduced him since he entered the league is valid since he entered the league in 2014-2015 after Hall's only PPG or over season (80 in 75).

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I'd hope Taylor Hall had more points than a 20 year old, basically rookie. His PPG was slightly higher yes. You also ignored when Draisaitl put up 31 in 37 away from McDavid (some on the PP, but if you're going to discredit PP production then you better do it for every player), and his performance in the playoffs. Thats 3 different clips at the age of 21 or less that Draisaitl proved he can produce away from McDavid. If thats not enough for you then so be it, but its enough for me to know Draisaitl can centre his own line. Its not his fault that Chiarelli still hasn't found McDavid a RWer, and that McLellan is afraid to put a rookie Puljujarvi on McDavid's wing, or try RNH at wing (although with his play this season I don't see much reason to move him away from his natural position).

Do you honestly think the reason drai isn't centering his own line is because they have no one else to play on the wing with mcd?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Without Gaudreau, the Flames would have no offense and be last in the league

Without Drai, the Oilers would probably still be where they are today.

Gaudreau is obviously more valuable

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Sean Monahan vs Johnny Gaudreau would be a lot closer

I'm leaning towards Sean, he just scored a hattrick today

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Do you honestly think the reason drai isn't centering his own line is because they have no one else to play on the wing with mcd?
How about we look at it logically. McDavid and RNH are both centres and have never played wing before. The team lacks skilled wingers immensely. Leon Draisaitl has proven he can play both centre and wing. Should we play RNH or Draisaitl on the 3rd line with wingers that are on track for under 20 points this season? Should we play RNH or McDavid on the wing, positions they've never played before so that Drai can play centre in the top 6?

Let me ask you this. Do you honestly think McLellan would have put Draisaitl at centre in the middle of the Western Conference Semi-finals if he didn't trust him there? Do you really think thats a good idea to be putting a guy in a position that you don't trust him, in the most important games of the year? Your logic is severely lacking.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Sean Monahan vs Johnny Gaudreau would be a lot closer

I'm leaning towards Sean, he just scored a hattrick today

Lol you've been wrecked a couple times in this thread where you refuse to reply and then post your next garbage opinion. Give it a rest

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
How about we look at it logically. McDavid and RNH are both centres and have never played wing before. The team lacks skilled wingers immensely. Leon Draisaitl has proven he can play both centre and wing. Should we play RNH or Draisaitl on the 3rd line with wingers that are on track for under 20 points this season? Should we play RNH or McDavid on the wing, positions they've never played before so that Drai can play centre in the top 6?

Let me ask you this. Do you honestly think McLellan would have put Draisaitl at centre in the middle of the Western Conference Semi-finals if he didn't trust him there? Do you really think thats a good idea to be putting a guy in a position that you don't trust him, in the most important games of the year? Your logic is severely lacking.

So you're saying drai can't carry his own line because he doesn't have any skilled wingers to play with? A player about to make 8.5 mil shouldn't need all star wingers to play with. I've shown you the stats. Clearly mcdavid can produce on his own without drai so it's not like he needs Leon on his line. The article I got the graph from even mentions how all the good team's spread out their best players. The reason Edmonton hasn't is because drai is not yet capable of driving his own line.
You're doing an awful lot of mental gymnastics in order to make your opinion.

Edit: I've already mentioned his hot playoffs. All of drai's underlying metrics showed that his play was very highly unsustainable. And yet lots of Oilers fans tried to say that Leon is just that good. Some even tried saying he was better than Matthews rofl

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So you're saying drai can't carry his own line because he doesn't have any skilled wingers to play with? A player about to make 8.5 mil shouldn't need all star wingers to play with. I've shown you the stats. Clearly mcdavid can produce on his own without drai so it's not like he needs Leon on his line. The article I got the graph from even mentions how all the good team's spread out their best players. The reason Edmonton hasn't is because drai is not yet capable of driving his own line.
You're doing an awful lot of mental gymnastics in order to make your opinion.

Edit: I've already mentioned his hot playoffs. All of drai's underlying metrics showed that his play was very highly unsustainable. And yet lots of Oilers fans tried to say that Leon is just that good. Some even tried saying he was better than Matthews rofl
I didn't say that at all, but find me another player in the league who is going to play on the 3rd line rather than the top 6 just so he can prove to HF boards that he can drive his own line. There's very few teams who have the wingers to support a 3 line offensive approach.

What Draisaitl has shown is he has put up 51 points in 72 games, 31 points in 37 games, and whatever he did in the playoffs away from McDavid 5v5. If thats not a big enough sample for you then so be it. Thats not mental gymnastics, those are the facts. The only mental gymnastics I'm seeing in here is you believe you know what goes through Todd McLellan's head.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think it's time we ignore hutton. He/she is clearly not even trying anymore

Disappointed to hear. I only followed the standards you set.

I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Drai is not a ppg player unless you consider an insane hot streak in the playoffs consisting of 13 games a "ppg player". I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Drai is not playing with mcd he has not been very good at all.

I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Gaud is not a ppg player unless you consider being sheltered and relying on easy matchups until the playoffs a "ppg" player. I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Gaud is not sheltered by the Tkachuk line he has not been very good at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad