Draisaitl Vs Gaudreau

Who is the better player

• Gaudreau

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Gaudreau. He has a different production from Draisatl. More offense but less well rounded. But enough of a gap on offense for me to choose him.

The above pick is in a vacuum. Montreal needs a centre a lot more than a left winger though, so for a team pick I might actually take Draisatl.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Honestly, the reason why the Oilers have been dominating the flames is because Gaudreau plays them scared. Tkachuk knows not to mess around anymore either. I sound like a homer but seriously, all of last season they were as ineffective as the 1st game this season.
If only the Flames could one day beat the almighty Oilers. Oh wait we already dominated you guys for the last decade :popcorn:. Oilers fans seem to have short memories (unless your talking about the 80s)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Drai is not a ppg player unless you consider an insane hot streak in the playoffs consisting of 13 games a "ppg player". I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Drai is not playing with mcd he has not been very good at all.

Thats a bit of a reach. Draisaitl showed at 20 years old that he could produce 51 points in 72 games without McDavid and 31 points in 39 games at 21 before being put on McDavid's line.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Gaudreau is nothing but a one dimensional regular season scorer who hides behind the Tkachuk - Backlund -Frolik line for easy minutes. He reviews pre-game tapes with Lazar, Bartkowski, Kulak, Stone and Brouwer in the designated sheltered group. His idol is 45 year old Jaromir Jagr, that's why he has the exact same zone starts. There's a reason he scores more at home

I can make these fun arguments too

Lol what kind of garbage is this? You literally can't disprove anything I said so you start spewing this nonsense? You should give it rest

Reactions: Mitts

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Thats a bit of a reach. Draisaitl showed at 20 years old that he could produce 51 points in 72 games without McDavid and 31 points in 39 games at 21 before being put on McDavid's line.

Except he played with Taylor Hall that season who had more points and a higher ppg than drai.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He also has size, proved his worth in the playoffs, and been a consistent scorer since his draft +1 rookie season (0.69 ppg since being being drafted).

One lucky half decent playoff is proven?

John Druce had a good playoff once

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Gaud is not a ppg player unless you consider being sheltered and relying on easy matchups until the playoffs a "ppg" player. I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Gaud is not sheltered by the Tkachuk line he has not been very good at all.

Please, go ahead and show your math.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Gaud is not a ppg player unless you consider being sheltered and relying on easy matchups until the playoffs a "ppg" player. I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Gaud is not sheltered by the Tkachuk line he has not been very good at all.
06-07-draisaitl-chart.png

There. Can I please see these "stats" of yours?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Except he played with Taylor Hall that season who had more points and a higher ppg than drai.

What do you expect when Hall is the better player than Johnny. Hall's ppg was not higher when the 2 played and they faced the toughest comp not marshmallow charmin soft ones

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
What do you expect when Hall is the better player than Johnny. Hall's ppg was not higher when the 2 played and they faced the toughest comp not marshmallow charmin soft ones

Please stop posting this kind of junk. If hall is better than gaudrea (hes not), then that's kinda sad that drai only got 51 points playing with him. Also please produce for me these numbers which show that hall didn't have a higher ppg when they were playing because hall's ppg was .80 vs .71 for drai.

Did you even read the article in which you stole that graph from

Nice try avoiding my question. But yes I did. Basically the only excuse the writer had is that drai didn't get to play with eberle lol Here's my favorite part of the article:
"In a perfect world, the Oilers would be paying Draisaitl based on his offensive numbers away from McDavid. Instead, they’ll pay for what he did on a line with the guy who should be the NHL’s MVP this season. Edmonton will just have to hope that Draisaitl’s continued offensive development (he’s only 21) will make up the gap if the two are separated down the road."

Now can you answer my other question and show how gaudrea is not very good when he isn't sheltered by the tkachuk line? Or are you going to keep dodging?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Gaudreau. He has a different production from Draisatl. More offense but less well rounded. But enough of a gap on offense for me to choose him.

The above pick is in a vacuum. Montreal needs a centre a lot more than a left winger though, so for a team pick I might actually take Draisatl.

Draisaitl isn't that well rounded....he is awful defensively and cherry picks as bad as Johnny.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Agreed 100% all the experts know that Gaudreau is most likely a 65-70 point player when all is said and done.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd hope Taylor Hall had more points than a 20 year old, basically rookie. His PPG was slightly higher yes. You also ignored when Draisaitl put up 31 in 37 away from McDavid (some on the PP, but if you're going to discredit PP production then you better do it for every player), and his performance in the playoffs. Thats 3 different clips at the age of 21 or less that Draisaitl proved he can produce away from McDavid. If thats not enough for you then so be it, but its enough for me to know Draisaitl can centre his own line. Its not his fault that Chiarelli still hasn't found McDavid a RWer, and that McLellan is afraid to put a rookie Puljujarvi on McDavid's wing, or try RNH at wing (although with his play this season I don't see much reason to move him away from his natural position).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Hall is nowhere close to Gaudreau lol. There's a reason why Hall's never been able to out produce him. Hall is worse in literally every meaningful aspect of the game.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Agreed 100% all the experts know that Gaudreau is most likely a 65-70 point player when all is said and done.

You said he was a 55-60 point player earlier? Which is it?

I mean both are wrong but at least show some consistency.

Reactions: DropIt

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hall is nowhere close to Gaudreau lol. There's a reason why Hall's never been able to out produce him. Hall is worse in literally every meaningful aspect of the game.

Hall has a season of 80 points in 75 games. The Hobbit has never done that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This thread :laugh:

Well I’m glad some people on HF are finally realizing how good Gaudreau is. Oil fans are going to Oil though. Not surprised.
I don't think you're wrong picking either tbh. We can go back and forth about the teammate argument. Draisaitl plays with McDavid and Gaudreau with much better offensive dmen, who really cares. The two players are quite comparable since the start of last season.

Draisaitl: 110GP 40G 67A 107P 0.97PPG
Gaudreau: 94GP 26G 63A 89P 0.95PPG

Gaudreau is off to a hell of a start, and he's definitely the more dynamic/flashy player. If he keeps this up over the entire season then I think no question you can claim he's clearly the better player if he can put that big of a gap on production over a full season. Now, if we're comparing them at the same points in their careers then Draisaitl was ahead of Gaudreau at the same age last year. Gaudreau had a great 22 year old season, so we'll see if Draisaitl makes a similar jump this year. Neither are probably finished products until they hit that 25-27 year old range.

Anyways, I don't think either side is wrong in this one with the information we currently have. That could change pretty quickly as this season progresses. Gaudreau's on fire right now, and Draisaitl is fighting it, much like Gaudreau did last season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hall has a season of 80 points in 75 games. The Hobbit has never done that.

And he did that before Gaudreau was even in the league.

Henrik Sedin has a better season than Connor McDavid has ever had, I guess he's the better player?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Really???
Hall, as pointed out before, scored 80 points in 75 games...where as Johnny's best season is 78 points in 79 games.

It's not out producing someone when it happened in different seasons lol.

I've yet to hear any reasonable argument for Hall over Gaudreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad