Draisaitl Vs Gaudreau

Who is the better player

• Gaudreau

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
right now, you can't deny Gaudreau's performances, he's been bringing it every night.

Drai has had a a rough start after the concussion and some questionable performances but don't count him out yet

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Lol why are you omitting the whole season and cherry picking lmao McDavid had 100 points last year his second half was stronger than his 1st But somehow you cherry pick the amount of games Gaudreau needed to make it looks like he was out preforming him. You sir have 0 crediblity and this is a complete joke Both McDavid and Draisatl Blew Gaudreau out of water last season 100/77 to 61 points . He has 4 points more than McDavid this season and Trust me that wont last long. You live in fantasy man He removes the games where Gaudreau sucked blames it on his linemates which you just admit he obviously is not a line driver if that's the case

I wonder how many points Draisaitl puts up with Alex Chiasson on his line instead of Connor McDavid. I already explained why I drew the line where I did. Would you prefer we use their respective careers instead? I would imagine not.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I wonder how many points Draisaitl puts up with Alex Chiasson on his line instead of Connor McDavid. I already explained why I drew the line where I did. Would you prefer we use their respective careers instead? I would imagine not.
Gaudreau played with Monahan 84% of the time and was not a ppg last year and Mcdavid turned a 3/rd 4th liner Maroon into a 27 goal scorer so he would of done fine with Chiasson also you completely made up those 50 game stats up lol try harder

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Gaudreau played with Monahan 84% of the time and was not a ppg last year and Mcdavid turned a 3/rd 4th liner Maroon into a 27 goal scorer so he would of done fine with Chiasson also you completely made up those 50 game stats up lol try harder
Draisaitl looked painfully bad against St louis yikes. If only the Oilers could play 5th string goalies every night

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I'm talking about Draisaitl, isn't that the topic of this thread? How did I make up that 50 game sample?

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Gaudreau fairly easily for me. Drai got severely over rated last season. Sucks for the Oilers that he got 8 mil per when he can't even carry his own line yet.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
ouch 8m for a ppg player and a top 2 rated player in the 2014 draft

They say Gaudreau cherry picks;

Draisaitl: Career ppg= 0.73 Salary: 8.5 M/yr
Gaudreau: Career ppg = 0.93 Salary: 6.75 M/yr

One drives his team's offense, another rides shotgun.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

including Draisaitl's first season right after being drafted is a bit disingenuous considering it took Gaudreau 4 years to start his (right move by the Flames)

As far as the salary goes, I seem to remember a long ass thread about what Draisaitl's next contract will be during the playoffs and... they were all higher than 6.75M.

Fact is, small and one dimensional players are "underrated" by GMs. Just look at the contracts thrown out around the league. Not surprised Gaudreau got 6.75M after a stand-off but he should obviously be worth more

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
including Draisaitl's first season right after being drafted is a bit disingenuous considering it took Gaudreau 4 years to start his (right move by the Flames)

As far as the salary goes, I seem to remember a long ass thread about what Draisaitl's next contract will be during the playoffs and... they were all higher than 6.75M.

Fact is, small and one dimensional players are "underrated" by GMs. Just look at the contracts thrown out around the league. Not surprised Gaudreau got 6.75M after a stand-off but he should obviously be worth more

Sounds more like a flaw in Edmonton's management to be honest. Other than the absurd rise in contract salaries this year, there is no way Drai should of gotten ~2M more than Johnny.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
size + natural center position who has proven himself against Thornton and Getzlaf in the playoffs

cash $$

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Yet Monahan got 6.5 last year. Leon is the better player, but is he 2 million dollars better than Sean?

He also has size, proved his worth in the playoffs, and been a consistent scorer since his draft +1 rookie season (0.69 ppg since being being drafted).

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Flames fan voting Gaudreau, and it's only by a hair, which I'd chalk up to my homerism. Gaudreau has been superior this year and I think is better capable of controlling a game and dictating play. However Draisatl hasn't had the greatest start this season but he'll find his groove, plus points-wise he's still doing well. Watching last night's game it seems like him and McDavid are trying to force things when playing together, why doesn't McLellan split them up for a while? Why is he allergic to Draisatl centering his own line? He seems like a really stubborn coach. He had 10+ minutes last night when the game was out of reach and he didn't even use the opportunity to try new lines.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
ouch 8m for a ppg player and a top 2 rated player in the 2014 draft

I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Drai is not a ppg player unless you consider an insane hot streak in the playoffs consisting of 13 games a "ppg player". I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Drai is not playing with mcd he has not been very good at all.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Gaudreau is nothing but a one dimensional regular season scorer who hides behind the Tkachuk - Backlund -Frolik line for easy minutes. He reviews pre-game tapes with Lazar, Bartkowski, Kulak, Stone and Brouwer in the designated sheltered group. His idol is 45 year old Jaromir Jagr, that's why he has the exact same zone starts. There's a reason he scores more at home

I can make these fun arguments too

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Gaudreau is nothing but a one dimensional regular season scorer who hides behind the Tkachuk - Backlund -Frolik line for easy minutes. He reviews pre-game tapes with Lazar, Bartkowski, Kulak, Stone and Brouwer in the designated sheltered group. His idol is 45 year old Jaromir Jagr, that's why he has the exact same zone starts. There's a reason he scores more at home

I can make these fun arguments too
Isn’t that the point of home ice, easier matchup? You know cause you’ll more likely score. You should just stop.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Isn’t that the point of home ice, easier matchup? You know cause you’ll more likely score. You should just stop.

I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Gaud is not a ppg player unless you consider being sheltered and relying on easy matchups until the playoffs a "ppg" player. I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Gaud is not sheltered by the Tkachuk line he has not been very good at all.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Drai is not a ppg player unless you consider an insane hot streak in the playoffs consisting of 13 games a "ppg player". I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Drai is not playing with mcd he has not been very good at all.

I seem to recall him scoring 17 points in 10 games with McDavid being injured in his rookie season.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Even with the lower salary advantage for Gaudreau, you still take Draisaitl. He will never be benched during playoff games because he is getting slashed.

Draisaitl is more complete, more physical, higher top speed and more cerebral. 8.5mill for Draisaitl for max term? Oilers fans are blessed.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I know you're being sarcastic but at least be honest. Gaud is not a ppg player unless you consider being sheltered and relying on easy matchups until the playoffs a "ppg" player. I don't know how many times the stats have been shown but when Gaud is not sheltered by the Tkachuk line he has not been very good at all.
Honestly, the reason why the Oilers have been dominating the flames is because Gaudreau plays them scared. Tkachuk knows not to mess around anymore either. I sound like a homer but seriously, all of last season they were as ineffective as the 1st game this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad