Proposal: Draisaitl to Pit

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
You know what, I‘m a lawyer making a lot of money- what do you do for a living?

And now please ask yourself again, if I‘m the idiot

Improper punctuation. Poor grammar. Not sesquipedalian enough in your posts.

You sir are no lawyer.

If you are a lawyer, I am Leon Draisaitl and I have no interest in leaving my beloved Edmonton and my besties; Connor, Darnell and the rest of the boys! Move along.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah I think they do actually. Either deal. Oilers would embrace another Canadian kid in Mackinnon and most still feel he has much more upside. Hedman is just plain and simple the best D . If you want to win you need thay stud Dand they don't get better than Hedman.

Well, you're wrong, and you're wrong. Draisaitl is our boy, he's more productive and more highly awarded than MacKinnon. We don't care what anyone else thinks. Even if theyre roughly equal, why do it and mess with chemistry and the known quantity?

MacKinnon and Draisaitl are the same damn age, how on earth does MacKinnon have more upside :laugh:

Hedman is too old. Nobody in their right mind would trade Draisaitl for him given the discrepancy in ages, and losing Leon creates as big a hole as Hedman would fill.

Reactions: ivanlwan

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Well, you're wrong, and you're wrong. Draisaitl is our boy, he's more productive and more highly awarded than MacKinnon. We don't care what anyone else thinks. Even if theyre roughly equal, why do it and mess with chemistry and the known quantity?

MacKinnon and Draisaitl are the same damn age, how on earth does MacKinnon have more upside :laugh:

Hedman is too old. Nobody in their right mind would trade Draisaitl for him given the discrepancy in ages, and losing Leon creates as big a hole as Hedman would fill.

You also get two more years of Draisaitl at 8.5 vs. having to re-sign Nate after his contract is up.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

No not wrong actually. Home town bias means sqaut in your reasoning. The exact question isn't who is the better player because they are all great and that vote would be split tremendously. It's about who would bring Edmonton that much closer to a cup and the both Mackinnon and Hedman would do that by a sliver... is a sliver enough to pull the pin on a trade ??? Well I can firmly tell you as a non bias fan on any of those teams if that the majority would take Mackinnon as # 1 of those 3 to build around.. thats a fact... the concept of mcdavid/Mackinnon seems to send more shivers league wide than mcdavid/leon..... as far a Hedman 8f the team needs D help which they do he would be the choice... Hedman on the back and mcdavid up front brings the Oilers closer to winning in the next 2 or 3 years .

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You also get two more years of Draisaitl at 8.5 vs. having to re-sign Nate after his contract is up.[/QUOTE
Mackinnon has a better contract right now but regardless money for these types of players is NIL. They will get paid regardless. Contracts aside and $$ aside Mackinnon brings the Oilers closer to a cup right now .

Reactions: Former Referee 68

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No not wrong actually. Home town bias means sqaut in your reasoning. The exact question isn't who is the better player because they are all great and that vote would be split tremendously. It's about who would bring Edmonton that much closer to a cup and the both Mackinnon and Hedman would do that by a sliver... is a sliver enough to pull the pin on a trade ??? Well I can firmly tell you as a non bias fan on any of those teams if that the majority would take Mackinnon as # 1 of those 3 to build around.. thats a fact... the concept of mcdavid/Mackinnon seems to send more shivers league wide than mcdavid/leon..... as far a Hedman 8f the team needs D help which they do he would be the choice... Hedman on the back and mcdavid up front brings the Oilers closer to winning in the next 2 or 3 years .

Draisaitl and MacKinnon have very similar playoff stats throughout their careers so I completely disagree that MacKinnon brings Edmonton closer because Draisaitl is the better and more productive player today. You have to consider contracts as well. Draisaitl has four years at 8.5 after this year, MacKinnon only has two before he can either walk or command 12 million. Trading Draisaitl for him is absolutely foolish.

You're Peter Griffin saying "a boat is a boat, but Nate MacKinnon could be anything, even a boat!". We know Draisaitl fits like a glove here. He's well liked, highly respected, and a leader on this team. There's no sense in upending the room to get a guy that's from the Maritimes, which is vastly different culturally from the prairies. Believe me, nobody gives a crap that MacKinnon is Canadian.

We have a superstar in Draisaitl. Trading him for what at best is a lateral move is absolute nonsense, never mind trading him for a guy that's five years older than he is. Hard no from me on Hedman. Our defence is fine and our prospects are good.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not possible for the penguins to retain 75% on dumuolin.
This is false, the max that can be retained on any player, no matter how many teams retain a portion of his salary, is 50%. So if the Pens retain 50% no other team can retain any other portion of his salary.
One other thing, you can't retain 75%.
So you can't offer Dumoulin at 25%

Entirely inaccurate, contracts can be retained twice. See Scuderi, Lehner or Dubnyk as examples. Each were retained twice, each had their salaries retained above 50% through the 2 retentions. Each contract can be retained up to 50% per retention up to a max 75% retention (as Dubnyk's was).

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
One thing that I think went way under the radar, I offered Crosby or Malkin.

Do u guys even consider how many jersey's EDM would sell? How much profit that could bring to them? We life in a covid world, the value of money is huge..

There have been so many "money trades" in the summer where players were traded for cheaper and lesser players. The answer might still be "no" but some of the posts here are questionable.

Drai outsells Malkin right now. Jersey sales are shared by each team. And Jersey sales are far less than a team makes per playoff game, you make more money for the team per playoff game than the teams do in Jersey sales.

Not really a difference maker.

Reactions: Seachd

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why is this still an open thread!
Discussing potential jersey sales are we?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
*slaps the roof of car* she's got 4 points in her last 3 games, I'm practically giving this thing away.

DevotedUnpleasantAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

"Given the semi-classic nature of the paint job, and custom racing stripes"
"Paints faded...?"
"It's custom faded, first car wouldn't expect you to understand..."

Uncle Bobby B baby! Uncle Bobby B!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Alex Chiasson has 1 goal in his last 1 game.

That’s an 82 goal pace over a full season. You can’t prove he won’t do it.

We’ll take Crosby 75% retained

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
You know what, I‘m a lawyer making a lot of money- what do you do for a living?

And now please ask yourself again, if I‘m the idiot

So was Jeffery Toobin...wait, are you Jeffery Toobin? Then the answer to your second question is most probably - yes.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even if he was available Pittsburgh does not have the assets, their cupboards are empty other than Samuel Poulin

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Drai isnt getting moved, but Malkin+Guentzel+Dumolin+1st for Draisaitl+Neal+Russell would be closer

Draicycle

Nov 21, 2019
I guess EDM wants to „win now“, so I would oder:

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Malkin is in the way to his old self (4P last 3 GP) and Dumo could help their defense.

I was even willing to offer Crosby if they turn down Geno.

Thoughts?
LOL ughhh. So you're suggesting that your own country's Sportsman of the Year be traded for a player that is 10 years older and with his best years clearly in the rear view mirror? And to make the Oilers better now? Are you alright? Are Covid measures having an impact on your thought process?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Pens want to win now, based on the fact they have no picks or prospects, so I would counter with

Kassian (great in the playoffs)
Neal (perennial 30 goal scorer)
Turris (great wrist shot)

For

Malkin (50% retention)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Let's go big....

Crosby+Malkin+Letang+Guentzel+Dumoulin+two 1st round picks for Draisaitl+McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad