Draft Lotto Tracking Final 9 Games

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
We are still technically in it until that record I update at the top exceeds this: 0-1-1

Then... I would say we are out. That's JMO.. we are still technically not out but I think at that point we relinquish too much control to other teams and their performances.

But.. there is technically no point as an Oilers fan to not get excited about every game until the record exceeds 0-1-1 on the losing side.

If we beat Arizona and Vegas this weekend.. people will come back around and re-look at the odds.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Reasonably eliminated = after the last game.

They slept through the game. It is done.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Edmonton Oilers Final Run: 3 Good, 3 Bad, 3 Worse

Interesting tidbit in there that the Oilers have lost to the last place team 6 times this year.

That’s been par for the course for this club, it’s so bad it’s predictable. They think that they are far better than they really are and this attitude goes back to the Hall draft. Opposing teams and coaches love buttering us up in pregame interviews about how talented we are when in reality we have 2 players with elite talent, and maybe on a good day 5 more with average NHL talent. The rest have been AHL level plugs for nearly 15 years. But we love to believe our press clippings.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
When were we 4 points out?

This team is still not literally out of the race (by a hair) but I think he's saying that we had shown so much disfunction that getting our shit together and making the playoffs has been a very unlikely scenario for a while. Certainly by January I believe we were in the 90% range of missing the playoffs. Knowing this group might as well make it 99% at that point.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Need to win tonight and tomorrow. Task is a very tall one, but do it and we are 4 pts out, and with Arizona going on the road, you never know

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Need to win tonight and tomorrow.

They could win every game for the rest of the season and still miss the playoffs. It ain't happening. Not that this team could do any damage in the first round anyways without having a single decent winger.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Need to win tonight and tomorrow. Task is a very tall one, but do it and we are 4 pts out, and with Arizona going on the road, you never know

MTL fighting for their playoffs hopes tonight makes me feel good about a potential Chicago loss as well.
Minny is playing NYR though.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
They could win every game for the rest of the season and still miss the playoffs. It ain't happening. Not that this team could do any damage in the first round anyways without having a single decent winger.

Its highly doubtful they would miss the playoffs if they went 12-0-0 as you can see above in the first post of this thread the records other teams would be required to have in order to beat us out.

Anything 10-1-1 and better for Oilers record gives them a decent shot at playoffs based off the stats above.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I remember the good old days of like 2 months ago when I think it was Gregor said a team could make the playoffs with 83 points. Lololol

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Not the best night for us but we got the W --

Arizona gets the loser point
Chicago wins
Minny wins
St. Louis wins

Updated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad