Draft Lottery Thread - All Tank Talk here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It also assumes that the players give a shit about that, which they don't. Over half the Sharks lineup are competing for jobs right now, their play isn't going to be influenced one way or another by what pick the team gets.
No player ever does. They were talking about the Sharks tanking. Organizations tank, not players.
My point was limited to the fact that there is indeed an organizational benefit to tanking even though they don’t have a 1st. The players desires are irrelevant to the fact that that benefit exists.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
More of this, if you’ve got the time

Can't believe that I forgot to include the Ottawa game on Tuesday in terms of list of important games. That's a bad omission on my part. I have failed you Anakin.

So the updated schedule and results are as follows:

New Jersey (tomorrow, 3/1) L 0-3
at Chicago (3/3) L 2-6
Ottawa (3/10)
2X LA (away 3/14, home 4/3)
Montreal (3/15)
at San Jose (4/4)

As far as the standings, I'll probably do a comprehensive update in a couple weeks. Speaks to the fact that the Ducks are competitive and everyone else keeps winning that I don't have to do a tracker every night like I did last year.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No player ever does. They were talking about the Sharks tanking. Organizations tank, not players.
My point was limited to the fact that there is indeed an organizational benefit to tanking even though they don’t have a 1st. The players desires are irrelevant to the fact that that benefit exists.

Oh I know, I agree, just pointing out that at this point it's pretty much only the players who can tank and they'd never do that

Reactions: Ducks DVM

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd just like to emphasize that I absolutely detest Buffalo. They're on the verge of pulling the exact same stunt as last season, losing out on most of their games with a stupidly low effort, having gone 7-11-1 since the All-Star break albeit playing against much worse teams for most of this stretch, including Ottawa and Detroit twice (and going 1-2-1 with 12-18 goals against those) [47-63 goals since the All-Star break].

They now ride a six-game losing streak and face Washington, Montreal, Boston and Carolina (x2) next.

I'm tempted so say they won't get more than 6-8 points out of their remaining games if they keep their level of "effort" up, and I feel it's pretty obvious they now are in full tank-mode in order to get the best possible Draft picks. Here's hoping they will fall the maximum amount of picks possible in the Draft as a consequence.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd just like to emphasize that I absolutely detest Buffalo. They're on the verge of pulling the exact same stunt as last season, losing out on most of their games with a stupidly low effort, having gone 7-11-1 since the All-Star break albeit playing against much worse teams for most of this stretch, including Ottawa and Detroit twice (and going 1-2-1 with 12-18 goals against those) [47-63 goals since the All-Star break].

They now ride a six-game losing streak and face Washington, Montreal, Boston and Carolina (x2) next.

I'm tempted so say they won't get more than 6-8 points out of their remaining games if they keep their level of "effort" up, and I feel it's pretty obvious they now are in full tank-mode in order to get the best possible Draft picks. Here's hoping they will fall the maximum amount of picks possible in the Draft as a consequence.
It’s a disgraceful franchise. To have Eichel and Dahlin on good contracts yet still be as bad as they are is shameful, really

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
It’s a disgraceful franchise. To have Eichel and Dahlin on good contracts yet still be as bad as they are is shameful, really
It's like the Oilers for the past decade. If I'm not mistaken, this is McDavid's 2nd time the playoffs since he's been in the league. I hope Buffalo doesn't get a top 5 pick.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's like the Oilers for the past decade. If I'm not mistaken, this is McDavid's 2nd time the playoffs since he's been in the league. I hope Buffalo doesn't get a top 5 pick.
At least the Oilers have had a couple decent seasons. Not only have the Sabres not made the playoffs with Eichel, they haven’t come remotely close to it. And arguably haven’t improved in a couple years

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It may f*** over us a bit, but I can tell you I absloutely love seeing Buffalo be crap year after year. What an annoying fanbase for both of their shitty teams.

Reactions: jiggsawpuzzle35

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
The league should do something about teams that consistently suck/tank on purpose. Here’s my wild and crazy proposal.

1.) The worst team in the league automatically cannot pick 1st.
2.) Teams cannot have 2 1st overall picks within a 4 year period.
3.) Teams that have not made the playoffs in five consecutive seasons will drop a place down at the draft.
4.) Out of the bottom 10 teams, the team that has gained the most points since the trade deadline should have a 15% chance of getting the 1st overall pick.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That contract has to be the worst in the league right? Never got over 63 points in a season and making 9 mil. Wow.
absolutely. and it's funny looking back the day it was signed and people defending it because "well the Sabres HAD to do it." like no, the Sabres didn't, moves like that is why the franchise stays in the cellar year after year.

Reactions: Getz2noone

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Buffalo fans have consistently posted some awful trade proposals for Ducks players. And I don't think they have the nicest posters on hfboards (but who does really).

Ex. Ennis for Fowler.
Risto > Lindholm

Yeah that one guy Hagrid or something, really fixated on his Fowler for Ennis deal, with the main scope of his argument being that Fowler sucks.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have no issue with Buffalo. Actually feel bad for their fans, my cousin and brother in law are Sabre’s fans. But if the Ducks had a Eichel and Dahlin type player in their line up now, would be in a WC playoff spot now. Imo.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
And right on cue, the Sabres finally win a game. They move 3 points ahead of Anaheim with 13 to play

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Kings could end up 3 points back of the Ducks as we head into the Tuesday-Wednesday B2B with a win tonight. Currently up 2-0 at the end of 1 period

If they hold on tonight, they will have won 6 straight and 9 of 12, and the Freeway Faceoff Saturday afternoon could end up far more interesting for additional ping pong balls than I initially realized (bearing in mind that this is the tank thread, I do always want to beat the Kings regardless of standing position).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad