Draft Lottery Thread - All Tank Talk here

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I hate to be the guy who starts this thread so early, but it’s time.

currently we are bottom 5

Mod Edit

We have been having too many threads discussing the same things, so we are splitting into 4 threads for the time being. Please post accordingly.

This thread is for discussing all Tank Talk. Keep it contained here.

All roster talk of current players (not trade talk, not tank talk) goes here : Speculation: - Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

All management talk goes here : Speculation: - 2019-20 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

All trade talk that is NOT tank related goes here : Speculation: - 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Last edited by a moderator:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I hate to be the guy who starts this thread so early, but it’s time.

currently we are bottom 5

No worries. I just hope Ducks keep this losing streak going. That top 3 is insane.

1) Lafrenier- LW = franchise
2) Quinton Byfield- C = Franchise
3) Tim Stutzle- C = Franchise

I really like this top 5. But that top 3 really stands out to me this draft. Lets just hope we get in there somehow.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ducks are now 4th last. The current situation with the bottom 6.

Montreal 45 games 43 points
Los Angeles 46 games 40 points
Anaheim 44 games 39 points
Ottawa 43 games 37 points
New Jersey 43 games 37 points
Detroit 44 games 25 points

Can't believe how poorly Detroit is doing. Would be pretty hilarious if they don't the 1st pick.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
1.) Detroit: C- Alexis Lafreniere 6’1 203
2.) New Jersey: C- Quinton Byfield 6’4 215
3.) Ottawa: W- Alexander Holtz 5’11 181

Anaheim has a choice between
LW Tim Stutzle 5’11 178
RD Jamie Drysdale 5’11 170
RW Lucas Raymond 5’10 165
C Cole Perfetti 5’10 180
C Marco Rossi 5’9 179
LW Dylan Holloway 6’0 192
C Anton Lundell 6’1 183

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1.) Detroit: C- Alexis Lafreniere 6’1 203
2.) New Jersey: C- Quinton Byfield 6’4 215
3.) Ottawa: W- Alexander Holtz 5’11 181

Anaheim has a choice between
LW Tim Stutzle 5’11 178
RD Jamie Drysdale 5’11 170
RW Lucas Raymond 5’10 165
C Cole Perfetti 5’10 180
C Marco Rossi 5’9 179
LW Dylan Holloway 6’0 192
C Anton Lundell 6’1 183

Laf and byfield def go 1 and 2... but I think that 3rd slot could go a lot of ways(just like this years draft), imo 3-8 are pretty close... and I think teams will have significantly different rankings.

Either way id prob go Stutzle or Drysdale, but I wouldn't be shocked if either player ends up going 3rd. This year is similar to last year where a lot of dmen wernt really projected in the 1st, but you saw a lot of teams take dmen a lot higher than they were predicted... guys like Seider/Broberg/Thomas/bjornfoot etc all got drafted higher, if you like em and want dmen you got to jump on em early.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So whats the deal with Justin Barron? He was a guy I had heavy interest in... I know he had a medical problem, but I don't recall hearing much more

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ducks are now 4th last. The current situation with the bottom 6.

Montreal 45 games 43 points
Los Angeles 46 games 40 points
Anaheim 44 games 39 points
Ottawa 43 games 37 points
New Jersey 43 games 37 points
Detroit 44 games 25 points

Can't believe how poorly Detroit is doing. Would be pretty hilarious if they don't the 1st pick.

On the counter point the NHL needs Detroit to do well in the draft. They made so much money when they had their dynasty going. Especially during the Yzerman era. They brought a lot of money in on tv ratings when that team was good. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they threw them Lafrenier.

Reactions: Dmang714

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I didn't watch any Germany's games. What's Stützle's game like?

Amazing north to south game. Very defensive oriented though is what scouts are saying. Has a sick wrister when he wants to use it. Make your own judgement. He reminds of Getzlaf as a young gun breaking up passes, and controlling it for break outs. Make your own judgement. His IQ IMO is top of the draft. And his skating is NHL ready already.

Craig Button on Stutzle -

Craig Button -TSN - Sept. 16th: "Dynamic skater who is quick, fast and can make plays at high speed. Excellent shot and has a strong competitive fire to be a difference maker. Versatile and can play centre or wing."

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Laf and byfield def go 1 and 2... but I think that 3rd slot could go a lot of ways(just like this years draft), imo 3-8 are pretty close... and I think teams will have significantly different rankings.

Either way id prob go Stutzle or Drysdale, but I wouldn't be shocked if either player ends up going 3rd. This year is similar to last year where a lot of dmen wernt really projected in the 1st, but you saw a lot of teams take dmen a lot higher than they were predicted... guys like Seider/Broberg/Thomas/bjornfoot etc all got drafted higher, if you like em and want dmen you got to jump on em early.

You’re sleeping on Lucas Raymond going number 3.

2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
It's crazy to me *how* lottery-y the lottery is.

Even if Detroit finishes dead last, which looks like a lock, they only have an 18.5% chance of picking first overall. And a slightly better than 50/50 chance of falling to 4.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So whats the deal with Justin Barron? He was a guy I had heavy interest in... I know he had a medical problem, but I don't recall hearing much more

He had a blood clot in early December and has been out ever since, I still dont believe there is a timetable for him to come back.

Reactions: Getz2noone

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Still haven’t answered why Lucas Raymond gets no recognition from you. But it’s okay I’ll wait. We all know your busy.

I want to know why he isn’t number 3 overall projected on some mock drafts for that pick. Or are you just pulling stuff out your bum as usual. There’s no way the dude slips to 4 or 5.

I’m just trying to hear the guys Argument on why Raymond isn’t even in the top 3. Because I feel he has a discussion worthy argument for it. Raymond deserves that top 3 spot.

Jokke Nevalainen -Dobber Prospects - Nov. 4th: "His ability to generate speed through the neutral zone is hard to miss but he’s also capable of dancing around opposing players by using his edges very well. His hands are elite and the best among this group of prospects, and it’s difficult to find anyone as creative as him."

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It's crazy to me *how* lottery-y the lottery is.

Even if Detroit finishes dead last, which looks like a lock, they only have an 18.5% chance of picking first overall. And a slightly better than 50/50 chance of falling to 4.
Good, discourages tanking

Reactions: Deuce22

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Laf is easily the best prospect in this draft and the best prospect in a while,

Connor Zary will be the steal of the draft bump this in a couple years.

Reactions: Getz2noone

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Thats a very bold statement. You’re sleeping on 2 of the best RHD in the first round we’ve seen in years. I wouldn’t go that far. Braden Schneider and Jamie Drysdale can be that top pairing D people wish they drafted earlier. Both are insanely gifted on the puck.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

I know you have your own opinions. But scouts have there own as well. I haven’t seen much of em. But this is the scouting report. I’m surprised youre making em your sleeper.

Larry Fisher - The Hockey Writers - Nov. 19th: "He’s not a high-impact player, he’s not going to wow you or pull you out of your seat on too many shifts, but he always has an impact on the game over 60 minutes. He plays in all situations for Kamloops, centering the top line and the top units for both specials teams — the power play and penalty kill."

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Good, discourages tanking
How do you define tanking? Why is it considered by many to be taboo? The "Edmonton Experience" only proved that the sample size exposed how there could be "very unusual" results. With the same rules and the NHL in existence for 100 more years the results would appear more fair. It's all so absurd. Besides, how many franchise/generational players are their anyway? Reality is each draft is just a starting point that won't make sense for another decade.

The current system's structure and percentages is so contrived that the results are essentially random. My as well go back to the good old days and draft in reverse order of the league final standings, which would be the most logical and fairest system possible.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Still haven’t answered why Lucas Raymond gets no recognition from you. But it’s okay I’ll wait. We all know your busy.

I want to know why he isn’t number 3 overall projected on some mock drafts for that pick. Or are you just pulling stuff out your bum as usual. There’s no way the dude slips to 4 or 5.

I’m just trying to hear the guys Argument on why Raymond isn’t even in the top 3. Because I feel he has a discussion worthy argument for it. Raymond deserves that top 3 spot.

Jokke Nevalainen -Dobber Prospects - Nov. 4th: "His ability to generate speed through the neutral zone is hard to miss but he’s also capable of dancing around opposing players by using his edges very well. His hands are elite and the best among this group of prospects, and it’s difficult to find anyone as creative as him."
Um that same site you are using had turcotte goin 3rd last year, if you can remind me where he was drafted that would be kind of you. I know this is going to be tough for you to accept, but every team has their own scouts and rankings, and most are different. Some teams may have raymond, some stutzle, some drysdale etc.

All i said was that 3rd could go alot of ways(including raymond). I dont think hes a lock at 3, like byfield and laf are at 1 and 2.

Remeber last week when you said some people only come around to start arguements? You're doing it again.

Reactions: dracom

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
How do you define tanking? Why is it considered by many to be taboo? The "Edmonton Experience" only proved that the sample size exposed how there could be "very unusual" results. With the same rules and the NHL in existence for 100 more years the results would appear more fair. It's all so absurd. Besides, how many franchise/generational players are their anyway? Reality is each draft is just a starting point that won't make sense for another decade.

The current system's structure and percentages is so contrived that the results are essentially random. My as well go back to the good old days and draft in reverse order of the league final standings, which would be the most logical and fairest system possible.
Tanking is intentionally divesting your team of enough NHL talent to be competitive, at the managerial level. Coaches and players don’t tank, but teams absolutely do. The league made a decision a looooong time ago that they didn’t like teams intentionally trying to NOT win. The latest rules are because they decided they also didn’t want to stockpile the players who put butts in seats on teams that were poorly run (Edmonton).

Bad teams are still guaranteed to fall no more than 3 slots. Detroit will still get a good player at 4. the league doesn’t want fair, they want competitive, especially with revenue sharing. It isn’t fair to ask other franchises to pay you money while you intentionally put a garbage product on the ice while chasing the elite players those other franchises won’t get access to.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Um that same site you are using had turcotte goin 3rd last year, if you can remind me where he was drafted that would be kind of you. I know this is going to be tough for you to accept, but every team has their own scouts and rankings, and most are different. Some teams may have raymond, some stutzle, some drysdale etc.

All i said was that 3rd could go alot of ways(including raymond). I dont think hes a lock at 3, like byfield and laf are at 1 and 2.

Remeber last week when you said some people only come around to start arguements? You're doing it again.

The only issue I’m having on your post is you didn’t even include him for number 3. That’s the problem with it. And it’s nuts to even talk about the third spot and not have Raymond in the discussion. If I was going to talk about the third spot I would have included 3 or 4 players. It just makes you sound a bit tad foolish like you don’t know anything about this draft.

And I’m not starting an argument. I was merely asking why Raymond wasn’t included in your third spot selection. Give details why he shouldn’t be included at 3??? I’m just curious about your opinion.

And the reason why I don’t have him on my three spot is because teams need centers. Not a wing outside of Lafrenier.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The only issue I’m having on your post is you didn’t even include him for number 3. That’s the problem with it. And it’s nuts to even talk about the third spot and not have Raymond in the discussion. If I was going to talk about the third spot I would have included 3 or 4 players. It just makes you sound a bit tad foolish like you don’t know anything about this draft.

And I’m not starting an argument. I was merely asking why Raymond wasn’t included in your third spot selection. Give details why he shouldn’t be included at 3??? I’m just curious about your opinion.

And the reason why I don’t have him on my three spot is because teams need centers. Not a wing outside of Lafrenier.
Actually just read post i responded to.... just realize he had holtz at 3 not raymond.... i assumed raymond was 3rd so i was naming stutzle and drysdale as other options instead of raymond

My top 5 are
Laf
Byfield

Raymond
Stutzle
Drysdale
But last 3 are interchangable

Reactions: 405Exit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad