GDT: Draft Lottery Phase 1, 6/26 8:00PM -- Sabres pick 8th

GareFan18

Jan 10, 2014
Kansas City
With all the bizarre stuff happening, my brain twas all brillig and the slithy toves like I'm in a Lewis Carroll novel already.

Now, I gotta want Toronto and Chicago to win their first round playoff series? Man, can I Rip Van Winkle until about April, 2021?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I'm not expecting much from the 8th overall pick. The only picks this team could hit on are the obvious first and second overall picks. In fact, I'm expecting the 8th overall pick to be a completely stupid, out-of-left-field pick.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
So what’s best case scenario here prospect wise ? Rossi ? Holtz ? Lundell?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Can't wait fora team like the Pens to lose in some fluky short series after not playing for months and then draft #1. NHL really dropped the ballpuck on this one.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Whoever has said Eklund is not a credible source for rumours should be ashamed of themselves. His article claims that the Kings have won the lottery and 1 OA. :laugh:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Way to go NHL...a team with a fighting chance at winning the Stanley Cup post-regular season is going to get the 1st overall pick as a reward for not doing so. Great for the league.

I’ve been saying for months that somehow Lafreniere is going to end up with the Habs. Well...Phase 1 of that coming to fruition just happened.

Reactions: brian_griffin

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Trade the #8 pick. Buffalo has a crappy history with that pick.

Package it with some players(yes, that includes Risto!)and get some impact players here. I'm tired of shooting blanks with our draft picks.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
With the #8 pick the Buffalo Sabres proudly announce the selection of Derek Zoolander. His analytics are off the charts and he reeks of authenticity.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Well at least we only fell 1 spot. Detroit couldn’t have made out worse. Ouch. I was planning on Ottawa or Detroit getting the #1 overall and was preparing for the possibility that the top 3 picks could land in our division. 2 of the top 3 still could. As much as I’d like to see him play more often, im hoping LaFreniere goes out west.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
My biggest worry is that Toronto lucks it, not because Lafreniere will be a game breaking talent (IMO Hall level talent) but with a flat cap it opens options. It would allow them to move a Nylander or Marner for defense vice needing to trade their depth forwards for pennies on the dollar

would be the final blow for me.

GareFan18

Jan 10, 2014
Kansas City
So what’s best case scenario here prospect wise ? Rossi ? Holtz ? Lundell?
Trade the pick.
But, after reading Corey Pronman and John Vogl in The Athletic, I could get on board with Holtz. This draft seems to be #1, #2 & #3, then it seems like you can throw #4 to #12 in a hat (if you include the Russian goalie).
I'd love to see Jake Sanderson, but I suppose another D-man probably isn't the way GMKA will go.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Well at least we only fell 1 spot. Detroit couldn’t have made out worse. Ouch. I was planning on Ottawa or Detroit getting the #1 overall and was preparing for the possibility that the top 3 picks could land in our division. 2 of the top 3 still could. As much as I’d like to see him play more often, im hoping LaFreniere goes out west.
Calgary would be ideal.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Can't wait fora team like the Pens to lose in some fluky short series after not playing for months and then draft #1. NHL really dropped the ballpuck on this one.
The Pens getting the pick would definitely be the funniest outcome, but even in a short series it's hard to see them losing to the Canadiens of all teams.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Yeah I mean we still have Eichel and Dahlin. Cozens looks extremely promising. We made out with Joker for Nylander. Mitts is still a question mark. We didn't do terrible. No one could have known about Leon D being a superstar, nearly everyone had Reinhart ahead of him and Reinhart is a great player. Detroit had 17 wins and 39 pts this year and pick 4th....I mean I would be furious right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00