GDT: Draft Lottery Phase 1, 6/26 8:00PM -- Sabres pick 8th

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
ranger fan here with Eichel unhappy on your team, would you consider the 1st pick plus other assets ex.(D'Angelo, Kravtsov, Miller) for Eichel?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’m just glad it didn’t go to Toronto or Edmonton! I’d have preferred it to go out west but it is what it is.

Rangers are going to be good. Gorton has done a great job quickly rebuilding.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I’m just glad it didn’t go to Toronto or Edmonton! I’d have preferred it to go out west but it is what it is.

I think they've done a good job but most of it has been luck.

#1OA, #2OA, Panarin forcing his way there, Adam Fox forcing his way there, Trouba forcing his way there (although that one isn't helping them much).

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

I don't know how you can call it great when they dropped a LOT in two consecutive drafts to get #2 and #1 and then have Panarin basically say, "SIGN ME PLEASE!" 6 to 2 and 7 to 1 is 7.8% and 12.5% due to the virus, right? Crazy good luck.

Does he get some credit? Sure. Great though? No. Luck and the luxury of being an appealing city to superstars has been more important than Gorton.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think they've done a good job but most of it has been luck.

#1OA, #2OA, Panarin forcing his way there, Adam Fox forcing his way there, Trouba forcing his way there (although that one isn't helping them much).
Yeah for sure. The NYR may be the #1 player destination in the NHL. They are in the running for basically any free agent they want (college or pro).

Must be nice. I’ve always been a Buffalo sports fan so I have no idea what that even feels like...lol

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don't know how you can call it great when they dropped a LOT in two consecutive drafts to get #2 and #1 and then have Panarin basically say, "SIGN ME PLEASE!"
I’m just saying that Gorton has added quite a bit of talent in a short amount of time is all. Much of it was just NYC being a destination for players but he’s still the GM so I have to give him some credit.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Agree. They are a bit light at center and on defense. Very good wings though. Didn't really help them and Andersson hasn't panned out yet.

Agreed. Panarin is a great winger. Laf will probably be a great winger. They're still missing elite talent at the 2 positions you actually need it at to win anything meaningful in the NHL.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It’s better than that. Leafs gave up a 13th overall to dump Marleau — can’t imagine they ever thought it would be that high.
This is phenomenal. Thank you for the reminder. What an awful season for Leafs fans. Of course, as a Sabres fan I can't really be throwing stones, but at least we ended up exactly where many of us expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00