Draft Day Predictions

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
He did the exact opposite of Miller. The team got worse, he got more responsibility and he thrived. There is no comparison between him and Miller. He scored more goals and emerged as a matchup center while the team went down in flames.
I agree with this. Hayes was one of the few bright spots of this awful season. I was ready to give up on Hayes at the end of last year’s season.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't expect to move from 9, but I do expect to see us move up from those 2 later picks in some fashion. I think any player transactions will occur on Saturday to garner some additional picks.

I'm also expecting them to have a kid ranked higher than we'd expect them too, similar to Chytil last year. I've been pleasantly surprised with their scouting these past two years, even if they didn't get the guys they wanted to target.

Reactions: egelband and Trxjw

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Namestnikov to Arizona for 55OA
Shestyorkin, Buchnevich, our 2nd this year, our 2nd next year to Ottawa for Erik Karlsson
Zuccarello + 26OA to Dallas for 13OA + some B-prospect

9OA: Oliver Wahlstrom
13OA: Joel Farabee
28OA: Alexander Alexeyev

Not in favor of moving Shesty. And not in favor of trading for EK when we are in a rebuild. Pointless and short sighted.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Ok, just for funsies - I'll try to be a bit bold without leaving planet earth.

9) Hughes (falls farther than anyone expects because of not participating in the combine)

Trade 26+28 to DAL for 13 - they get 2 first rounders for the home crowd, we get a higher pick.

13) Bokk
39) Wise
48) Foudy
70) Merkley (again, falls farther than people expect due to... ya know...)
88) Emberson
101) Pivonka
132) Wong
163) Tendeck

Reactions: Rangers in 7

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wahlstrom goes top 5
Rangers take Bouchard at 9
Rangers trade a late 1st for a TBD player and Spooner for a Hagelin-like package on Saturday.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
26. NY Rangers- Jake Wise (IEC Ranking: 30, TSN Ranking: 52). A bit off the board in the late 1st round, but the Rangers like taking American kids. Wise had a great 2nd half to the season after a dismal 1st half. The Rangers might want to get their guy here instead of chancing someone taking him between 27 and 38th.

He had a broken collarbone. Only played two games.

Not sure that qualifies as a dismal 1st half in evaluating his play, although I guess maybe for him maybe it felt like a dismal first half to the season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think our first 3 picks stay where they are. BPA with pick 9. High risk high rewards types with 26 and 28.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Gorton will be outsmarted into make some bad trades, then will panic and make even worse trades. Guaranteed we will draft several really weird head-scratching reaches.

we draft Adam Mascherin in the 3rd round.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I want to come out of the 1st round with 4 or 5 players: Tkachuk, Hayton, Wilde, Noel and Akil Thomas.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Trades:

NYR: #9 + #48
VAN: #7

NYR: #26 + Namestnikov
FLA: #15 + #139

Draft picks:

#7 - Quinn Hughes
#15 - Dominik Bokk
#28 - Bode Wilde
#39 - David Gustafsson
#70 - Jacob Bernard-Docker
#88 - Matej Pekar
#101 - Nathan Dunkley
#132 - Toni Utunen
#139 - Liam Kirk
#163 - Marcus Westfalt

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I hope they do, he’s a lazy player and is the closest thing to Miller we have on our team now. I’d sell high after his strong season, especially if Kravtsov is on the board at 18 who I think could be the next Panarin.
Edit: But yea the value may favor CBJ, maybe some sort of add from them
He’s lazy? Preposterous.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I also think they'll likely focus on Euro and US kids in the early rounds. Seems to be an exodus of Canadians on the team.

There's a good chance we won't see a Canadian in the top-5. Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Hughes, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk. They could all go in the top-5. Highest drafted Canadian this year will probably be Bouchard/Dobson and that could be as low as 9

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Note...this is me just having fun.

Rangers trade zucc for 13
Rangers trade Hayes spooner 26 and 28 to the Habs for 3.

Buffalo takes dahlin
Carolina takes svechnikov
Rangers take tkachuk at 3 and the board melts down
Next draft picks go..in some random order...
Jk Hughes Dobson. Rangers trade 9 and one of their 2nds to get 7.
Take zadina
Take kravtsov at 13
Rangers look something like this next year...

Kreider zibanejad tkachuk
Zadina chytil buchnevich
Vesey...I guess namestnikov lias
Ufa boo fasth

Skjei shatty
Gilmour DeAngelo
Lindgren pionk
Staal

Henrik
Georgiev

Rangers finish bottom 3 in the nhl but the kids all improve steadily throughout the season..

Win lottery

Draft Hughes

PROFIT

Reactions: Claxton and Riche16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad