Draft Day Predictions

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Rangers trade up for both a dropping Zadina and a dropping Boqvist (due to rumors fueled by the fevered mind of Bozle). Zuccarello to Dallas to get 13OA, Hayes (and other pieces) to Carolina for Hanifan, Spooner and 28 to move up for Kravtsov, Namestnikov and 9 to move to get Zadina.

This is fun!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
People who think Kevin Hayes is lazy generally just look at how fast he moves his legs.

Folks, he's tall af. He doesn't have to move his legs as fast to cover the same distance as others.

Stride length isn’t the only thing that causes acceleration in a skating stroke.

Nonetheless, no to the proposed trades pls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac n Gs

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
giphy.gif

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

It is. The bummer will be Monday morning after we have read every scouting report on our picks and discussed them ad nauseum for two days...then we realize most of them are a year or two away and we have to look forward to what will likely be our worst season in a decade.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It is. The bummer will be Monday morning after we have read every scouting report on our picks and discussed them ad nauseum for two days...then we realize most of them are a year or two away and we have to look forward to what will likely be our worst season in a decade.
But we get do it again this time next year.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers trade 9 and 48 for 7, take Tkachuk.

Trade Spooner, 26 and 101 to get to 13 where they take Kravtsov.

Rangers take Dellandrea at 28.

Merkley at 39.

That would be a pretty damned good result. The only question I'd have with is with Merkley but still at 39 we could do worse.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That would be a pretty damned good result. The only question I'd have with is with Merkley but still at 39 we could do worse.

Keeping in my mind that my prediction isn't necessarily my dream draft.

Just trying to find something that is plausible, but still a little bold and exciting.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I will post this in the draft thread, but I made a mock for the first round and made notes where I felt like it. This is if there is no movement in draft picks once so ever.

1. Buffalo- Rasmus Dahlin (IEC Rank: 1, TSN Rank: 1)

2. Carolina- Andrei Svechnikov (IEC Rank: 2, TSN Rank: 2). Carolina comes closer than we think to trading this pick, but ultimately take their guy.

3. Montreal- Jesperi Kotkaniemi (IEC Rank: 11, TSN Rank: 5). I really wanted to put Filip Zadina or Brady Tkachuk here, but there’s just too much smoke about this to not happen.

4. Ottawa- Filip Zadina (IEC Rank: 3, TSN Rank: 4). Another pick that can go multiple ways. Ultimately, I think Ottawa goes BPA here. It was hard not to put Brady Tkachuk or Noah Dobson here.

5. Arizona- Brady Tkachuk (IEC Rank: 6, TSN Rank: 3). Brady’s father was a great player for the Coyotes back in the 1990’s. BPA here for Arizona. Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, and Oliver Wahlstrom are all possibilities at this slot as well.

6. Detroit- Quinn Hughes (IEC Rank: 4, TSN Rank: 8). I just don’t see Detroit passing up Hughes if he’s still available to them. Evan Bouchard is their back up plan in case Hughes goes somewhere in the top 5. Detroit needs a difference maker in the back end.

7. Vancouver- Noah Dobson (IEC Rank: 9, TSN Rank: 6). Dobson was a late riser after a great Memorial Cup campaign. Vancouver can’t believe their luck to see him drop this far. I can also see Wahlstrom, Boqvist, Ty Smith, or Bouchard as the pick here. Vancouver ultimately goes BPA here.

8. Chicago- Evan Bouchard (IEC Rank: 8, TSN Rank: 7). Chicago is a bit of a wildcard here. Wahlstrom, Barrett Hayton, Smith, Kravtsov, or Boqvist could be the pick here too. I don’t have a really good handle on who they might like this year. They may just pick whoever is the BPA on their list that’s left standing after the top 7. Bouchard may very well be that guy.

9. NY Rangers- Joel Farabee (IEC Rank: 10, TSN Rank: 17). Rangers fans will be upset with this with Boqvist and Wahlstrom still on the board. Call it a gut feeling that Farabee is the guy here. The Rangers scouting team though, will believe that Farabee is the more likely of who is left to have a long productive career, and a safe bet to have a 10-15 year career as a top 6 winger in this league.

10. Edmonton- Oliver Wahlstrom (IEC Ranking: 7, TSN Ranking: 9). Edmonton can’t believe their luck here. Boqvist would be a major consideration, but Wahlstrom looks like he’s going to drop because of other players rising.

11. NY Islanders- Joe Veleno (IEC Ranking: 13, TSN Ranking: 14)

12. NY Islanders- Ty Smith (IEC Ranking: 12, TSN Ranking: 13). Islanders’ needs are at center and on defense. They swoop for both with their picks.

13. Dallas- Adam Boqvist (IEC Ranking: 5, TSN Ranking: 10). The slide finally ends for Boqvist with the hometown team for the draft. Concussion worries and perceived defensive deficiencies cause Boqvist to drop to the teens, but whether he makes the 12 teams before Dallas regret not taking him remains to be seen based on his health and progression in the next 1-2 seasons.

14. Philadelphia- Vitaly Kravtsov (IEC Ranking: 14, TSN Ranking: 12). Another fast riser after a great KHL playoff campaign. Philly has defensive and center prospects in spades. They go boom/bust with this pick, as they have two 1st rounders inside the top 20 this year.

15. Florida- Barrett Hayton (IEC Ranking: 16, TSN Ranking: 11)

16. Colorado- K’Andre Miller (IEC Ranking: 28, TSN Ranking: 24). The first real reach of the draft comes to Colorado at 16th. Miller has a great toolbox but is very raw in terms of hockey talent. Colorado swings big here, but might end up hitting a home run.

17. New Jersey- Ryan McLeod (IEC Ranking: 23, TSN Ranking: 22). Typical annual boring two-way Devils pick.

18. Columbus- Rasmus Kupari (IEC Ranking: 27, TSN Ranking: 20). Columbus’ GM adds yet another Finn.

19. Philadelphia- Serron Noel (IEC Ranking: 26, TSN Ranking: 19). The next Wayne Simmonds, perhaps?

20. Los Angeles- Bode Wilde (IEC Ranking: 17, TSN Ranking: 25). May end up falling out of the 1st round all together after decommitting from the University of Michigan, but LA sees big potential and lets him play out the year in the OHL.

21. San Jose- Dominik Bokk (IEC Ranking: 15, TSN Ranking: 18). San Jose hasn’t been afraid to take Germans in the past. Why not?

22. Ottawa – Rasmus Sandin (IEC Ranking: 21, TSN Ranking: 27). One of my favorites in this draft goes a bit earlier than anticipated in what would end up being one of Ottawa’s best moves of the night.

23. Anaheim- Martin Kaut (IEC Ranking: 20, TSN Ranking: 16). Heart concerns be damned. Anaheim will pull out another productive NHL’er from a late 1st round pick.

24. Minnesota- Ty Dellandrea (IEC Ranking: 22, TSN Ranking: 23)

25. Toronto- Alexander Alexeyev (IEC Ranking: 45, TSN Ranking: 30). Thankfully Toronto may take him here just one pick ahead of t

26. NY Rangers- Jake Wise (IEC Ranking: 30, TSN Ranking: 52). A bit off the board in the late 1st round, but the Rangers like taking American kids. Wise had a great 2nd half to the season after a dismal 1st half. The Rangers might want to get their guy here instead of chancing someone taking him between 27 and 38th.

27. Chicago- Akil Thomas (IEC Ranking: 19, TSN Ranking: 28)

28. NY Rangers- Calen Addison (IEC Ranking: 34, TSN Ranking: 41). Skill, skill, and more skill from the back end. Addison would be a steal here.

29. St. Louis- Girgori Denisenko (IEC Ranking: 18, TSN Ranking: 15). St. Louis isn’t afraid of taking Russians. Great spot to take another shot at it here.

30. Detroit- Isac Lundestrom (IEC Ranking: 25, TSN Ranking: 21)

31. Washington- Jacob Bernard-Docker (IEC Ranking: 46, TSN Ranking: 46)

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I also think they'll likely focus on Euro and US kids in the early rounds. Seems to be an exodus of Canadians on the team.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Agreed. My preference for moving up would be to get Zadina (pleeease let him fall) :) or Wahlstrom just because we need goalscoring more than anything, but if the brass thinks Tkachuk is that special player, I can't argue. Then get Kravtsov and Dellandrea? Veeery nice. Not happy with Merkley, just because I am not a fan of headcases, but hard to argue with him as a boom/bust candidate at 39.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Namestnikov to Arizona for 55OA
Shestyorkin, Buchnevich, our 2nd this year, our 2nd next year to Ottawa for Erik Karlsson
Zuccarello + 26OA to Dallas for 13OA + some B-prospect

9OA: Oliver Wahlstrom
13OA: Joel Farabee
28OA: Alexander Alexeyev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad