Draft Day Predictions

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lol we’re not trading Hayes for the 18th overall

Rangers would never do that
I hope they do, he’s a lazy player and is the closest thing to Miller we have on our team now. I’d sell high after his strong season, especially if Kravtsov is on the board at 18 who I think could be the next Panarin.
Edit: But yea the value may favor CBJ, maybe some sort of add from them

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I hope they do, he’s a lazy player and is the closest thing to Miller we have on our team now. I’d sell high after his strong season, especially if Kravtsov is on the board at 18 who I think could be the next Panarin

Not happening. lol

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Broke the record for points in the playoffs at his age too. We’re going to have a logjam at center with Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Hayes & Howden. He may be worth more than that pick so perhaps we could get another decent player in the trade as well

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I hope they do, he’s a lazy player and is the closest thing to Miller we have on our team now. I’d sell high after his strong season, especially if Kravtsov is on the board at 18 who I think could be the next Panarin.
Hayes for the 18th pick isn’t selling high lol

You’re greatly overvaluing that pick based on someone who MIGHT (and probably won’t) be there.

Hayes for the 3rd pick is selling high

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Broke the record for points in the playoffs at his age too. We’re going to have a logjam at center with Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Hayes & Howden. He may be worth more than that pick so perhaps we could get another decent player in the trade as well

A logjam isn't caused by 3 players who have combined for not even 20 games in the NHL. And can we stop calling players lazy? That in itself is, well, lazy.

And the thing with Kravtsov is that his play-off performance is great, but you have to be cautious. Was it a fluke? Was he carried by his teammates? Or is it truly a sign of greater things to come?

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I like Kravtsov too, but he'll be gone before 18. I think the Islanders take him with one of their picks at 11 or 12. Either way, trading Hayes for a mid-round pick is too big of a risk for the organization, no matter how much they like who's on the board. Hayes should return more, easily.

Reactions: Bozle

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I said it is n the draft thread, but I see no chance the Rangers take Merkley. Everything I’m hearing is that he needs veteran leadership. The Rangers are trying to build a new leadership core.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My predictions:

The Rangers end up with 7 selections total, trading away a couple picks to move up
2 picks in the first round
Stay put at 9
Gain a couple picks in 2019 via Spooner and Zucc trade
Hayes and Namestnikov stays
They will lean heavily into the US and European players, none of their picks will be Canadian

For who we select:

9 @ Wahlstrom
15 @ Kravstov
38 @ O'Brien
48 @ Bernard-Docker

no clue on the rest

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Trading the 'lazy' player after his 'strong' season?---the way you parse that kind of reasoning I don't know.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Not likely to be around still around at 18---try again.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He did the exact opposite of Miller. The team got worse, he got more responsibility and he thrived. There is no comparison between him and Miller. He scored more goals and emerged as a matchup center while the team went down in flames.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
My predictions:

The Rangers end up with 7 selections total, trading away a couple picks to move up
2 picks in the first round
Stay put at 9
Gain a couple picks in 2019 via Spooner and Zucc trade
Hayes and Namestnikov stays
They will lean heavily into the US and European players, none of their picks will be Canadian

For who we select:

9 @ Wahlstrom
15 @ Kravstov
38 @ O'Brien
48 @ Bernard-Docker

no clue on the rest

Gimme those first 2 and I'll be doing back flips

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm heeding Edge's warnings and steeling myself for a trade up from 9 to get Tkachuk.

I don't like the move, but Tkachuk is a damn good prospect; so it's better if I just get used to the idea now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Brady Tkachuk falls past the first four---the Rangers start working on Arizona, Detroit, Vancouver to move up from 9 as long as Tkachuk is still on board. To get that done any of those teams open to doing a trade will ask for the 9 and the 26. If Tkachuk fall and Hughes is still on board the Rangers will offer Vancouver either 9 and 39 or 9 and 28. Failing that they'll try to move the 26 up into the teens--looking at Kravtsov first and Bokk second--the targeted teams will be Dallas at 13 and Florida at 15. Failing that they will continue to try to move their 26/28's up using their 2nd/3rd rounders.

Roster players the Rangers would be open to moving at the draft--Zuccarello, Namestnikov, Spooner, DeAngelo, Vesey---maybe Buchnevich but I don't think so.

Lundqvist and Chytil are not going anywhere. I would be surprised if Skjei, Zibanejad, Hayes, Kreider, Shattenkirk or Andersson get moved. The only way any of those guys moves is if the Rangers do something like trade for Erik Karlsson.

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad