GDT: Draft Day Part 4: Rangers Select Stogie At 0 Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Unfortunately, he's going to get the Sergei Zubov treatment from some.

He's not a shooter, his defense can be a bit of an adventure and he's not a home grown guy.

It's unfortunate, because at $2.6 million he's a hell of a bargain.

Sergei Zubov was one of my favorites. :yo:

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I like Jimmy Hayes and Brandon Pirri from Florida. Those guys are good at putting the puck in the net.

TurgePurge*

I could let the ruse go on but

27 (lockout)

Are the point totals of now HFBoards confirmed "elite" defenseman Mark Streit! Come on down and get your huge extension!

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Jimmy Hayes + for Talbot? Sounds good, since it's someone that can help the team next season. Whether they can keep him long term is another matter.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I confess that I came completely unglued over that one.

A good Lodi Red would have served me well that night.

As I've gotten older, I've found that I enjoy wine when watching sports at home. As strange as it sounds, it actually does a good job of quieting the nerves.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

27 (lockout)

Are the point totals of now HFBoards confirmed "elite" defenseman Mark Streit! Come on down and get your huge extension!

Lets all see how he plays a full year in New York. Will be very interesting. Lot more pressure than playing in AZ. Kinda sucks cause if he does have a good year he's gonna command in the 6.5 million per range. How can we afford that?!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sergei Zubov was one of my favorites. :yo:

I liked Zubov, but man did some fans get on his case back in the day. I see a very similar response to Yandle.

I just worry that nothing short of 20 goals and 75 points will satisfy some fans. And that's just not going to happen.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lets all see how he plays a full year in New York. Will be very interesting. Lot more pressure than playing in AZ. Kinda sucks cause if he does have a good year he's gonna command in the 6.5 million per range. How can we afford that?!

Dan+Girardi+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+New+York+Q5U4wZzkNU9l.jpg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jimmy Hayes + for Talbot? Sounds good, since it's someone that can help the team next season. Whether they can keep him long term is another matter.

Cant lie the possibility of the Hayes brothers uniting next year could be interesting. From what i saw of Jimmy he can put the puck in the net.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I liked Zubov, but man did some fans get on his case back in the day. I see a very similar response to Yandle.

I just worry that nothing short of 20 goals and 75 points will satisfy some fans. And that's just not going to happen.

Typical treatment of offensive defensemen. Like I always say, if they had internet when Bobby Orr was around, people would crap on him.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

27 (lockout)

Mark Streit was a very good player in his prime and is still a good player today.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

and if those point totals do happen expect to pay thru the nose otherwise he won't be here after next year but obviously i hope he has a monster year and elevates our pp (Hope he gets the chance to! AV you listening?)

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Lol people here are so predictable, good move= praise Gorton, bad move or not getting what we want and it's all Sathers fault. Was Gorton not at the draft today? If people think he made the Yandle deal and crafted other trades why isn't his name being brought up at all? Why can't people for a second believe that the reported offers of a first were a media ploy made up by Sather/Gorton to try and actually get an offer of a first.

Anyway we can still get great value for Talbot, especially if those offers of seconds+ are actually on the table. 4 of the 5 reported teams still need a goalie and Lehner and Jones are off the block. We'll get value for Talbot people need to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad