GDT: Draft Day Part 4: Rangers Select Stogie At 0 Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ddManRush

Jul 1, 2010
NY
Talbot for nothing?

Talbot was a undrafted FA who is already 28 on a 1 year rental deal. We traded him for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick. How much would you have gotten for him if you were GM?

He was drinking the kool-aid with the Talbot ruffie the media put in his cup.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Brjof6VCEAI4AVM.jpg

He looks like a righty here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
U actually thought that Talbot was going to give us a 1st round pick?

I didn't think he was really worth a first, but when Lehner and a cap dump went for a first, I thought we should definitely be getting a first. There's no way that Lehner is that much better than Talbot, let alone better at all.

I would've settled for an early second or a first next year, but instead Sather got one of the last picks of the second round, a 4th and swapping of a 6th and 7th.

Yeah, the prospects I know nothing about suck

Are those prospects worth giving up proven players for? We went from having the best back up goalie in the NHL to a void at back up goalie and we lost a very good third line winger who's one of our best PK'ers. Tell me how you plan to replace that sufficiently for this season.

NYR didn't trade Talbot for nothing. They got 3 picks for him that NYR are now using strategically to get guys like Kovacs. Hagelin trade I'm a little upset about, though.

Note the hyperbole. You know that the majority of the top prospects are gone after the first few picks of the second. Beyond that, its a complete crap shoot. We've traded Talbot for more chances at a crap shoot and we traded a very valuable player for a not so valuable player because of that valuable player's contract when we have Tanner ****ing Glass taking up cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad