GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Better be a pretty sizable deal if he is moved. And not just a pick.

Everybody is available for the right price, but I would extract a steep price for Hayes. If it were up to me, I would not move him at all.

Zucc is a different story. I believe that his time here is limited. He is moved either tonight or he makes for a fine deadline acquisition next season for a contender.

I absolutely love Zucc, but I would try my best to trade him now at this draft, maybe trade a little value for the now. Who knows what tomorrow holds and I would hate to see him have a season-ending injury before the deadline.

Reactions: bernmeister

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
want exactly zero part of tkachuk. zero.

still believe the prime targets are:

1. ZADINA. if they can swing a deal, thats the guy they want. he's the only consensus top 3 forward that they have any chance at.

2. if not 1, then its WAHLSTROM. not a bad consolation prize.

these are the 2 realistic targets they have zeroed in on. both impact forwards and imo, top 5 picks in this draft.

with all the talented forwards in the top 15, i don t believe they have ANY defenseman rated higher than the forwards at 9 and so i would be shocked if the first pick were a dman.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
My personal rankings/hopes:

1: Wahlstrpm
2: Zadina
3: Hughes
4: Tkachuk
5: Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Andersson might be a "good" pick but was he a better pick than Middlestadt?
We're going off of a handful of games each.

Sure, Middelstadt produced more in the NHL, but there are a lot of factors we could talk about that contributed to or detracted from sucess. Like some have mentioned, we need to wait a while before we can really have a productive/honest discussion about Andersson vs. Middelstadt.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Janikowski, Fox and 2019 1st for Hayes.

Hayes worth more, and if we can acquire 32OA from Buf as I advocate, and do not move up, we can look at that for Fox. May even be able to move our 2 2nds for him.

If we get a good deal for him today/tom, great.
If not, he will likely be w/Flames next wk and we can take fresh approach then.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This is going exactly last year, they try to make deals, their guys go or the deal just isn't there and they pick at 9, no one gets traded today. They go off the board at 9 and everyone loses it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Andersson might be a "good" pick but was he a better pick than Middlestadt?

This is interesting discussion to have, but as to water under the bridge, the point NOW is to recognize we could roll w/both Lias and Chytil, but if Lias has top top value now we should consider moving him, keeping known and improving Hayes, plus Chytil, +, etc, and use the high trade value on Lias to repurpose assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad