GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If we ended up with zadina I'd be ecstatic. If we ended up with wahlstrom I'd be ecstatic. I think this is where I different from a lot of ppl here..there are a number of guys where if we got them...I wouldn't focus on who we passed up but how fantastic the player we got is. Of course if we end up taking hayton I'll be effing pissed

I'd be thrilled if we got Zadina.

Only slightly less with Tkacuk, Wahlstrom, Farabee, Hughes or even Boqvist.

I'd be very happy with Dobson or Bouchard.

I'd be happy with Kotkaniemi, but probably not as much as the other players I just named.

I'd be happy with a few other guys, but would probably feel like we didn't quite get all the juice out of the squeeze.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Food for thought on this early morning before the draft....

What if the player they are thinking will comfortably still be there at No. 9 is Ty Smith?

Discuss :popcorn:

Also, I'd be pretty upset if they took Tkachuk when a potentially sliding Zadina and/or Boqvist could be there. Or even Wahlstrom for that matter....
A lot of people would be mad with Smith, but I like him, it just depends who’s still there. If they take Tkachuk they better hit some Chytil level later picks, this isn’t the draft to draft a complimentary player in the top 10

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
is it wrong to have very little confident in the Rangers tonight? trying to shake that bad feeling that we're gonna do something off the board again.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
hoping for:

Zuc + NJD 2nd for 13OA. Being slightly generous w/2nd pick which gives Stars something for home crowd at draft event they sponsor.

something around Namest. + 13OA to AZ for 5OA
obvious

also Spooner + NYR 2019 2nd + rfa rights to Tambellini
for
Buf's 2nd [32OA]
Sabes need useful bodies, they got basic 2nd value a year delayed for added compensation now.
32OA we can use or bundle to help move up

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Where's our most pressing need for the pool? As always, that elite talent. But we especially need strong wing depth, which can be also helped with centers. Wahlstrom may be a case of both BPA and drafting for need. Hoping we come out of this draft with some good F prospects and at least one strong D prospect.

C: Andersson, Chytil, Howden, Nieves, Tambo, Fogarty, Fontaine, Barron, Virta, Lakatos
LW: Schneider, Gettinger, Gropp, Leedahl
RW: Lettieri, Lindqvist, Meskanen, Ronning, Bernhardt
D: Gilmour, O'Gara, Sproul, Bigras,Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, Day, Pedrie, Crawley, Reunanen, Sjalin, Nanne
G: Georgiev Huska, Wall, Halverson, Shestyerkin
We have need everywhere. We should just target the players with the highest upside period. I don't want 'safe' most likely NHLers. I'm more happy with boom or bust, especially in the later rounds. We have enough picks to really take some gambles (if we keep them all)

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
I just woke up in a cold sweat about the draft.

First six went Dahlin, Svech, Kotka, Zadina, Dobson, Bouchard.

We then traded Hayes+9 for the 7 to draft Hayton.

That sounds more like a nightmare...

It should be a dream scenario to have the option of 2/4 of the following:

Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Hughes

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
hoping for:

Zuc + NJD 2nd for 13OA. Being slightly generous w/2nd pick which gives Stars something for home crowd at draft event they sponsor.

something around Namest. + 13OA to AZ for 5OA
obvious

also Spooner + NYR 2019 2nd + rfa rights to Tambellini
for
Buf's 2nd [32OA]
Sabes need useful bodies, they got basic 2nd value a year delayed for added compensation now.
32OA we can use or bundle to help move up

don't want to trade zucc, after all we need a captain for next year. No one else is captain material for this team...

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
is it wrong to have very little confident in the Rangers tonight? trying to shake that bad feeling that we're gonna do something off the board again.

I feel pretty confident with Gorton.

We did well last year with Chytil and Andersson, and Lias really wasn't off the board. We had the right guys targeted in Glass and Pettersson, but they weren't available. He netted some good prospects in Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek, and Howden, and some of the later picks from last year (like Virta, for example) have taken a positive step forward.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
All things being equal, and it's up to me, I'd take Zadina over Tkachuk and Wahlstrom.
Agree, but I don't expect he is there when we pick unless MAYBE we can pry 5OA from AZ or 6OA from DET.

I expect we prob, but not def, have shot at Wahlstrom.

However, I am with SML - EssEmEl on generally going for stud Ds if we can here.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think he does get moved
Better be a pretty sizable deal if he is moved. And not just a pick.

Everybody is available for the right price, but I would extract a steep price for Hayes. If it were up to me, I would not move him at all.

Zucc is a different story. I believe that his time here is limited. He is moved either tonight or he makes for a fine deadline acquisition next season for a contender.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Better be a pretty sizable deal if he is moved. And not just a pick.

Everybody is available for the right price, but I would extract a steep price for Hayes. If it were up to me, I would not move him at all.

Zucc is a different story. I believe that his time here is limited. He is moved either tonight or he makes for a fine deadline acquisition next season for a contender.

I would expect it to be a pretty sizable deal. I just think a pick will be included so it makes sense.

I'm just not 100% sure the Rangers want to pay him long-term

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd be thrilled if we got Zadina.

Only slightly less with Tkacuk, Wahlstrom, Farabee, Hughes or even Boqvist.

I'd be very happy with Dobson or Bouchard.

I'd be happy with Kotkaniemi, but probably not as much as the other players I just named.
I would be extremely disappointed if Kotkaniemi's name is called by the Rangers if the any of the other names that you have listed are still on the board.

Reactions: Lays

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I feel pretty confident with Gorton.

We did well last year with Chytil and Andersson, and Lias really wasn't off the board. We had the right guys targeted in Glass and Pettersson, but they weren't available. He netted some good prospects in Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek, and Howden, and some of the later picks from last year (like Virta, for example) have taken a positive step forward.

Andersson might be a "good" pick but was he a better pick than Middlestadt?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Where's our most pressing need for the pool? As always, that elite talent. But we especially need strong wing depth, which can be also helped with centers. Wahlstrom may be a case of both BPA and drafting for need. Hoping we come out of this draft with some good F prospects and at least one strong D prospect.

C: Andersson, Chytil, Howden, Nieves, Tambo, Fogarty, Fontaine, Barron, Virta, Lakatos, Dellandrea
LW: Schneider, Gettinger, Gropp, Leedahl
RW: Lettieri, Lindqvist, Meskanen, Ronning, Bernhardt, Wahlstrom
D: Gilmour, O'Gara, Sproul, Bigras,Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, Day, Pedrie, Crawley, Reunanen, Sjalin, Nanne, Addison/Sandin
G: Georgiev Huska, Wall, Halverson, Shestyerkin

Realistic and looks even better now ;)
And thats just round 1 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad