GDT: Draft Day 2014 (Round 1 6/27, Rounds 2-7 6/28

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
And one next year and picked up Pasquale, likely to be Hershey's back-up. It also leaves them with two goalies slated for the ECHL in a shared affiliate (Boston still there?).

From what I have read, this is not going to be shared; even if it is, heck Copley was in SC late last season, but Caps are primary affiliate and as of now, sounds to me like only from everything I have heard and read.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
saw that, as well; I recall when Kings selected local player Garrett Roe and there was a blank on the board for quite awhile

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Caps started the day with 8 picks; made 4, have 1 left as of now; plus 1 yesterday, obviously.

7 14 194 WSH

Also, started the day with 9 picks in next year’s draft, still retain 8, only moved the 7th

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Pick # | Pick | Position | Height | Weight | Country
13 | Jakub Vrana | RW | 6.0 | 176 | CZE
39 | Vitek Vanecek | G | 6.0 | 165 | CZE
89 | Nathan Walker | LW | 6.0 | 180 | AUS
134 | Shane Gersich | C/LW | 5.11 | 175 | USA
159 | Steven Spinner | RW | 5.11 | 196 | USA

So with the Capitals you can say a hybrid center/winger, is always going to a be a winger, because uhh Laich is as good as Mike Richards, the Capitals have picked 0 centers or defenseman so far...

Burakovsky95*

We just went through an entire draft and didn't take a player from either position of need that our own GM said he wanted to address this draft. I know drafting for necessity isn't really a thing but this is just so typical Capitals.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
We just went through an entire draft and didn't take a player from either position of need that our own GM said he wanted to address this draft. I know drafting for necessity isn't really a thing but this is just so typical Capitals.

Thats the "refresh" ol teddy was talking about when he hired Barry and GMBM. So are you feeling refreshed?

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
I really wanted the Caps to draft Alexander Kadeykin. Overager but he was the best scorer of his KHL team! Too bad detroit picked him.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
So 5 wingers and a goalie. So Cap like. Feel like they could of got the goalie in the 3rd and could of got walker 4th or later. Weird draft for a team with shallow C/D depth

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
So 5 wingers and a goalie. So Cap like. Feel like they could of got the goalie in the 3rd and could of got walker 4th or later. Weird draft for a team with shallow C/D depth

I dont mind it so much. Draft picks are not immediately going to help anyway, now they can focus on signing defensemen and center(s) and or make a trade or two.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I dont mind it so much. Draft picks are not immediately going to help anyway, now they can focus on signing defensemen and center(s) and or make a trade or two.

yeah I'm not furious or anything. If they can make the proper trades as needed, I just have my doubts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad