Looking at pictures, I'd also ask for a copy of his birth certificate

He's probably still 14

95BF11AF-49E4-4FCC-A57C-930E5DE58C7A.jpeg

What do you mean? He already looks older than Cole! 🤭

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Imagine playing hockey, travelling and interviewing for multi-million dollar jobs. Superhumans!

Imagine having no life outside hockey, grueling workouts nearly every day, can't eat or drink anything fun, can't have a social life, don't see your family, spend hours traveling on a shitty bus with no climate control, risk major injury every time you step on the ice. All for maybe a chance to get drafted and maybe a chance to get signed, and hope you actually make some decent money in your short career knowing you have no other options since you barely finished high school.

No pressure, your parents only had to put their lives on hold and possibly quit their jobs so you could play jr hockey.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
I have an amateur draft pool with a group of friends which ... well has been out of control the last few years lol ...

I have compiled a new hockey statistic (and graph )that evaluates the success rate of a scouting department based on a yearly assessment of career minutes played in the NHL by their draft picks over a career combined to the rise or fall of production upon leaving.

I can also subdivide it in graphs that show a team's performance drafting in different leagues and if they have improved on a year to year basis.

My suggestion, based on past data is that the Habs draft Savoie or Geekie, stay away from Defenceman in the first round and focus on a player they can develop. They do 'better' with players who have little to no injuries (so do most teams anyways ...) but the Habs do significantly worse than most.

Will be interested to see if a guy like Shea Weber is involved in player dev, he's out of the West Coast, he's a great asset on the field there.

My 2 cents ...

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Now imagine Hutson going in a corner to retrieve the puck with Wilson following him :laugh:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
They are just kids. I could barely interview for a fast food job at that age. They are travelling to a country they don’t know, talked to in their, at best, 2nd language, being grilled by executives and thrown microphones in their faces. It’s a big deal.
Hey it‘s transformative for sure; you are right I should not minimize. It’s as safe and organized a trip as it gets, and an important part of their journey... Also - Not sure what it’s like over seas but it seems every Canadian kid comes from a small town so even « going to the city » is a thing. How many nhl players are from Montreal Toronto or New Tork?

I’m probably quite biased and really old school with my « man up if you want this life » mentality. I would have loved to be a part of what they will live on that trip at that age, I was fearless and packed with hormones at 17-18 ;)

I’m sure some are quite anxious and this will be an awesome experience whether or not they impress or under-perform... In 2-3 years these guys are getting face-washed by Tom Wilson playing as visitors in Washington so it’s time to lose the diapers :)

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Imagine having no life outside hockey, grueling workouts nearly every day, can't eat or drink anything fun, can't have a social life, don't see your family, spend hours traveling on a shitty bus with no climate control, risk major injury every time you step on the ice. All for maybe a chance to get drafted and maybe a chance to get signed, and hope you actually make some decent money in your short career knowing you have no other options since you barely finished high school.

No pressure, your parents only had to put their lives on hold and possibly quit their jobs so you could play jr hockey.
Well worded like that it does sound quite heroic… Not sure how many parents had to quit their jobs for their kids to play hockey or how road trips with my mates at 17 would have been a bad thing but it’s entirely subjective.

I think a trip to a big city to prove I’m so amazing at the passtime I play that people would pay to watch me do it would be quite exciting, and maybe a great gut check at an early enough age whether I should learn a real job or pursue.

I wish them all the best obviously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad