Draft attendees - how was your experience?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
i'll have other errands that'll most likely make me unable to go to the meetup prior, but if you see someone sporting this shirt at the draft feel free to strike up a conversation.
upload_2019-6-16_23-10-22.png

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm flying up on Thursday. I imagine I'll be the only Devils fan with a jersey with Hughes and Kakko nameplates.

Just from attending previous drafts, definitely hang out in the area after the first round concludes. When I went to 2010 in LA, everybody just spilled over into nearby restaurants for dinner (ie, other years with East Coast drafts, everybody would just head back to their hotels to get ready for Day 2). Definitely easier to get photo opps with players at this point, especially since they're probably more relieved than anything. Plus it's a million times easier to ID a prospect wearing a jersey rather than a normal looking teenager in a suit.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Still looking for a ticket, at non scalper prices, but i don't mind a slight premium. So if anyone has a line on a single one, let me know.

If not, i'll probably be walking around the area to see if there is anything in the concourse area in front of the skytrain. Then i'll run home for the start of the draft.

----

There's a Boston Pizza/Red Racer on Beatty if you guys want a bar-type restaurant.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I’ll be going and the pint is pretty much the only place to go for pre drinks. 5 min walk from the rink and great atmosphere
I’m down if it’s the pint 100%

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
As someone who frequents many of the pubs downtown, it's been a pretty sad state of affairs. We also lost the Winking Judge earlier this year. Everything is Donnelly Group or other hipster chains.

I was in Chinatown recently and noticed a friggin Tim Hortons on Keefer Street (as well as a Starbucks not that far away) and said to myself, like wtf??? Ok, I have read how a lot of the old stores are gone (and have been for at least a few years now) but I didn’t realize the extent of the changes. It felt weird and I’m sure for the better.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ok - how about the Boston Pizza on Beatty Street? The draft is set to start at 5pm, doors probably open around 4 or so, so what about a 2:30 or 3:00pm meetup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad