Draft App Fun

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fair enough. I've seen him slowly dropping over the year and was interested if you had any of your own thoughts on the subject.

I think after the top 10-15 players there are a bunch of guys I could see going anywhere in the 20-40 range. I could see someone like Mysak going in the teens, or being there at #32 possibly. Given how my simulated draft went, he was the option that was most appealing to me given I think he could be developed as a center and he has a good amount of offensive skill. Have not seen him a ton, but he reminds me some of Tomas Hertl when I have seen him.

Sometimes I feel people are a little overconfident as to where players will be taken, just based on the few rankings we have access to as fans. Mysak actually came in at #53 on Bob's mid-season list, so it seems like there are some different opinions out there on him for sure.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
That would be spectacular for DET if they got Mysak in the second, he's currently 13th on my board, which is higher than basically everyone, but still, as you say he'll almost certainly go in the first (I also think Reichel is probably gone by 32, almost certainly 54, but I could maybe see him falling)
I agree on both accounts. The problem is, these simulations are based on one master list. The actual team lists will very quite a bit. In addition to mysak and reichel whom I would love in the 2nd, I doubt grans makes to 50.

Reactions: Dan10900

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
I agree on both accounts. The problem is, these simulations are based on one master list. The actual team lists will very quite a bit. In addition to mysak and reichel whom I would love in the 2nd, I doubt grans makes to 50.
Yeah, totally agree, I'd be kind of pissed (as a ducks fan) if Grans makes it past 31... Unless we're able to get Mysak there (or Marat)

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
I'd kill for this draft...
1. Alexis Lafreniere
27. Rodion Amirov
54. Lukas Reichel
63. Lukas Cormier
72. Sean Farrell
116. Eamon Powell
120. Leo Loof
125. Dan Baker
156. Dimitri Ovchinnikov
187. Yegor Guskov

Reactions: lilidk and MBH

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think Lucas Reichel, Joni Jurmo, and Daniel Torgeson are vastly underrated in this ranking. I pick Reichel every time at 54. I think he will go at the very top of the second. Jurmo is ranked at 102. I think he goes late second or early third. A number of times I’ve taken Torgeson with my last pick. Central scouting has him in the top thirty, I can’t remember where. Are there any other glaring undervalued players ?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
#3 Stutzle LC
#32 Andrae LD
#54 Pytlik RC
#58 Khustnutdinov LC
#63 Bednar G
# 65 Seeley LD
#116 Niederbach RC
#125 Torgersson LW/RW
#156 Miftakhov G
#187 Tyutnev LC
Passible 4 centers, 2 goaltenders , no RD , but we stuck on them

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Get another try. Trade #1 To Ottawa for #4 + everyone they supposed to draft after #4. Crazy , they let me do it. You can build entire 2020 draft year team

Reactions: evolutionbaby

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
2nd overall. No trades
2nd - Byfield
32nd - Shakir Mukhamdulin
54th - Reichel
58th - Khusnutdinov
63rd - Cormier
65th - Cotton
116th - Dobes (Czech goalie)
125th - Gogolev
156th - Bertuzzi
187th - Miftakhov (Russian goalie)

We address needs at
C - Byfield, Khusnutdinov.
LD - Mukhamdulin, Cormier
Take a couple shots a goalie.
Draft three productive overagers in Cotton, Gogolev and Bertuzzi. And get a decent shot a winger in Reichel.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Do the player rankings ever get revised? You can get players in rounds 5 or 6 that will go in the third round. It’s hard not to draft Reichel or Khusnutdinov when they are still available in round three

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Do the player rankings ever get revised? You can get players in rounds 5 or 6 that will go in the third round. It’s hard not to draft Reichel or Khusnutdinov when they are still available in round three

I've noticed that sometimes Wallinder is available at 32 and sometimes not. So something is changing the order

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Just did a draft and got the first pick. I’m just as happy getting the second pick and Byfield to solve our centre problems Anyways this is who I took. 1 LaFreniere. 2 Wallinder. 3 Jurmo. 4 Brendan Brisson. 5. Joel Blomqvist 6. Jack Finley. ( I purposely passed on Reichel and Kusnutdinov because there is no way they will be there. 7. I took Nikishin even though I think he’s gone. After that it was Beryozkin, Sololov, and Torgersson

Reactions: lilidk

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
K i dont know how realistic these rankings are lol and as much as id love lafraniere i think if we got something like this we couldnt complain, dont think these trades and picks would ever happen realistically but here we go

Knowing how desperate montreal is for lafraniere I traded the 1st pick to the habs for the 2nd and 39 and 40th picks , i then traded #2 to ottawa and got #3 and #33

3 - tim stutzle
32 - seth jarvis
33 - helge grans
39 - jake neighbours
40 - joni jurmo
54 - marat khusnutdinov
58 - lukas reichel
63 - roby jarventie
116 - theodor niederbach
125 - daniel torgersson
156 - nico daws
187 - dmitri ovchinnikov

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
K i dont know how realistic these rankings are lol and as much as id love lafraniere i think if we got something like this we couldnt complain, dont think these trades and picks would ever happen realistically but here we go

Knowing how desperate montreal is for lafraniere I traded the 1st pick to the habs for the 2nd and 39 and 40th picks , i then traded #2 to ottawa and got #3 and #33

3 - tim stutzle
32 - seth jarvis
33 - helge grans
39 - jake neighbours
40 - joni jurmo
54 - marat khusnutdinov
58 - lukas reichel
63 - roby jarventie
116 - theodor niederbach
125 - daniel torgersson
156 - nico daws
187 - dmitri ovchinnikov

3 - tim stutzle
32 - seth jarvis
33 - helge grans
39 - jake neighbours
40 - joni jurmo
54 - marat khusnutdinov
58 - lukas reichel
63 - roby jarventie
116 - theodor niederbach
125 - daniel torgersson
156 - nico daws
187 - dmitri ovchinnikov
Only Stutzle you can get at #3 , the rest ,I don't think so. All those Second round picks going to be first

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Only Stutzle you can get at #3 , the rest ,I don't think so. All those Second round picks going to be first
I dont think so , dont think we’ll see jurmo,khusnutdinov,reichel in the first but i get your point, thats why i said the rankings were off . Missed out on a few guys i liked but if we ended up with something like this somehow id be pumped

That being said i dont think id be able to trade lafraniere come draft day but if it meant 4 picks instead of 1 in the 32-40 range and we still have stutzle or byfield id strongly consider it

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I dont think so , dont think we’ll see jurmo,khusnutdinov,reichel in the first but i get your point, thats why i said the rankings were off . Missed out on a few guys i liked but if we ended up with something like this somehow id be pumped

That being said i dont think id be able to trade lafraniere come draft day but if it meant 4 picks instead of 1 in the 32-40 range and we still have stutzle or byfield id strongly consider it
I bet Khusnutdinov not going to last and Jurmo kind to hard to predict ,but still 6'4 defenseman, had great u20 tournament

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I bet Khusnutdinov not going to last and Jurmo kind to hard to predict ,but still 6'4 defenseman, had great u20 tournament
I guess we’ll see , there’s always surprise players who move up and some predicted first rounders who fall back

Either way from the above draft example if we got something like

32-torgersson
33- jarventie
39- niederbach
40- reichel

Id be happy , lots of good talent in the top 40 , some good players will be available

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I guess we’ll see , there’s always surprise players who move up and some predicted first rounders who fall back

Either way from the above draft example if we got something like

32-torgersson
33- jarventie
39- niederbach
40- reichel

Id be happy , lots of good talent in the top 40 , some good players will be available
Hope we can get more second round picks by trade

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Hope we can get more second round picks by trade
God i hope , last trade deadline was a dissapointment . Outside of adding a bad contract or trading back i dont know how we would otherwise be able to add more

Unless yzerman does something crazy and trades mantha for montreals 1st + more picks/ prospects but that would be too crazy and would have to be a big payment to even consider

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
No trades. The trade engine is f***ed.

2- Byfield LC
32- Ryan ORourke, LD
54- Carter Savoie, LW
58- Lukas Cormier, LD
63- Lukas Reichel, LW
65- Sam Colangelo, RW
116- Aidan Campbell, G
125- Egor Sokolov, RW
156- Tag Bertuzzi, LW
187- Billy Constantinou, RD

Have a hard time passing up on O'Rourke at 32.
There are so many great forwards in the 54-65 range, but again I have a hard time passing up on LD.
Not thrilled with my goalie at 116, but whatever.
I don't mind any of my over agers in Sokolov, Bertuzzi and Constantinou.
I found myself wanting one more pick between 65 and 116.

But with this draft we'd get
A potential #1 C.
We get a two-way LD prospect in O'Rouke. Cormier is another possibility.
I think Savoie, Reichel and Colangelo all have decent upside.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Last one is the best:
Don't think its possible
4. Stutzle LC
32. Wallinder LD
54. Hirvonen LC
58. Foudy RC
63. Reichel LW/RW
65. Khusnutdinov LC
116. Campbell G
125. Nickl RD
156. Niederbach RC
187. Torgersson RW

Reactions: MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Last one is the best:
Don't think its possible
4. Stutzle LC
32. Wallinder LD
54. Hirvonen LC
58. Foudy RC
63. Reichel LW/RW
65. Khusnutdinov LC
116. Campbell G
125. Nickl RD
156. Niederbach RC
187. Torgersson RW

I got Wallinder at 32 the first time I did this. Haven't seen him there since.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I got Wallinder at 32 the first time I did this. Haven't seen him there since.
we can only get him if SY trade down , don't believe we do any trade ups , we need as many picks as we can get . Wonder if we can trade someone for picks . Glendenning , Helm , Ehn , Nielsen ? Don't think we can get much for them

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
we can only get him if SY trade down , don't believe we do any trade ups , we need as many picks as we can get . Wonder if we can trade someone for picks . Glendenning , Helm , Ehn , Nielsen ? Don't think we can get much for them

Mantha to Montreal..
Mantha for a first and second.
We'll take Alzner for another young asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad