Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
I won't allow myself to dream about Jack Hughes in a Rangers' uniform, or the reverberation his selection would have throughout the entire organization.
I have.... but just for a couple of seconds at a time.... kinda like how I imagine I’m the lotto winner whenever I buy a ticket... for a couple of minutes... things are pretty alright... haha

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This Bobby Brink kid is busting onto the scene after a super hot start for Sioux City. He's leading the USHL in scorers for U18 players, and IIRC, someone had him listed ~31st in their rankings recently.

Jake Pelletier is lighting up the Q right now with 24 points in 15 games. I've only seen clips of him, but the kid has some wicked passing ability. Only knock on him is he's super tiny, and I'm not sure if his game will translate to the next level. Super small sample size here, so take this with a grain of salt.

I caught more of Kaliyev recently, and he's doing what I expected: he's destroying the OHL. He's going to come close to leading that league in goals this season as a June '01 birthday. Please find a way to get another pick and nab this kid.

Brent Leason is going to earn himself a contract for the way he's playing for Prince Albert right now. Same age as Cody Glass, and he's currently outscoring him by 12 points in 4 more games. Other draft eligible kids that have looked good besides the obvious names are Sasha Mutala and Adam Beckman.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Draft Hughes with the FOA and trade up with our second first (soon to be acquired) to take Cole Caufield.

Kreider-Ziba-Buch
Skjei-Pionk

Kravtsov-Chytil-Fast
Staal-Smith

Lias-Hughes-Caufield
Hajak-TDA

Hayes-Fogarty-Gettinger

:)

(I actually think that 4th line would be pretty interesting ;))

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
lots of focus on the top forwards but assuming we add some later first...who are the d worth watching in this draft? Any top pair RHD?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Draft Hughes with the FOA and trade up with our second first (soon to be acquired) to take Cole Caufield.

Kreider-Ziba-Buch
Skjei-Pionk

Kravtsov-Chytil-Fast
Staal-Smith

Lias-Hughes-Caufield
Hajak-TDA

Hayes-Fogarty-Gettinger

:)

(I actually think that 4th line would be pretty interesting ;))

If we draft Hughes, there's no way he is behind Chytil on the depth chart

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
lots of focus on the top forwards but assuming we add some later first...who are the d worth watching in this draft? Any top pair RHD?
There are some RD I like, but not sure I'd label them top pairing potential at this point. And of course that could change.

I like the American kids Helleson and McCarthy

The other two that jump out to me at the moment is Anttoni Honka (Julius' brother) and Victor Soderstrom.

This is a weak draft for D. Based on the teams drafting strategy last summer, I assume they identified this and that's why they loaded up on defenseman.

But there are some potential gems here

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Speaking of Hughes, why didn't he go the CHL route since the NCAA and European paths were closed? We've previously spoken at length about how another year in the NTDP isn't particularly good for his development.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Speaking of Hughes, why didn't he go the CHL route since the NCAA and European paths were closed? We've previously spoken at length about how another year in the NTDP isn't particularly good for his development.
I read something within the past few days about how he tried to get exceptional status and was denied because he was like 5’3” at the time, so maybe that had to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad