Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
On Dhooge, can we not just offer him a contract? I’d be fine using a like 6th or 7th pick on him. But even though he’s scoring, from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t impress me all that much
I think you're right, but I'm not 100% sure if he misses draft eligibility as a double overager.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think you're right, but I'm not 100% sure if he misses draft eligibility as a double overager.
I’m not 100% on the rules and birthday technicalities and what not, but putting my general knowledge of this stuff to work in this situation I think he can go in the draft again, but if he goes undrafted again he can sign with anyone (if he wants to leave college)

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Byfield is a late birthday (Aug, 2002) and is almost at a ppg already with Sudbury. Kid is going to be ridiculous if he keeps going. The three Swedes (Raymond, Holts, and Gunler) are having really solid years relative to their age groups too, especially Raymond/Holts as 16 y/o.

We should draft Sean Dhooge for ****s and giggles. He’s 5’3 and maybe weighs a buck forty, but the kid has been scoring for Wisconsin

I really liked Dhooghe in his draft year. He's really really tiny, but uber skilled and fast!! I'm with it!!

If I'm not mistaken, this would be his last year for draft eligibility as he turns 20 in March....

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I really liked Dhooghe in his draft year. He's really really tiny, but uber skilled and fast!! I'm with it!!

If I'm not mistaken, this would be his last year for draft eligibility as he turns 20 in March....

I can't wait to be annoyed for 10 years by hearing people call him Doogie

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Anyone watch Raphael Lavoie from the Mooseheads yet? Seems like a pretty interesting prospect

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Anyone watch Raphael Lavoie from the Mooseheads yet? Seems like a pretty interesting prospect

Seems to make everyones top 10 projects as a power winger but is more of the rider then the driver of the bus, but Id take Boldy and Kaliyev over him as wingers in the back end of the top 10 and Zegras (center) and Krebs as well in that range

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
THN

1. Jack Hughes, C, NTDP (USHL): Leading a stacked NTDP squad in scoring with 16 points in 11 games, Hughes has so far confirmed that he is one of the quickest, deadliest offensive threats outside the NHL right now.
  2. Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (Fin.): Big, smart and talented, Kakko is holding his own as one of the top scorers on his Liiga team and I’ve heard talk that TPS may even try him at center as the season progresses.
  3. Kirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL): His size and smarts are calling cards, while Dach’s talent has enabled him to run roughshod in the Dub to the tune of 22 points in 13 games. That puts him top-five in the league.
  4. Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL): Another big kid from out West, Cozens has a ton of potential thanks to his shot and his puck-protection abilities. With 18 points in 13 games, he leads the Hurricanes.
  5. Matthew Boldy, LW, NTDP (USHL): The MVP of the All American Prospects Game, Boldy brings an excellent skills package to the table and leads the NTDP in goals with nine in 11 games. He’s a Boston College commit.
  6. Cam York, D, NTDP (USHL): Team USA’s best offensive threat from the blueline, York is a new-school defender who can move the puck and think the game at a high level, York is still deciding on his NCAA commitment.
  7. Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL): Incredible smarts and skills make Suzuki one of the deadliest weapons in the OHL this season. The younger brother of Habs prospect Nick Suzuki has 21 points in just 11 games for the Colts.
  8. Peyton Krebs, LW, Kootenay (WHL): Krebs has also been playing center for the Ice early on, so he’s got that versatility. Smart and quick, he’s a great playmaker on a team that could use more weapons.
  9. Bowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL): A great skater and puckhandler, Byram is tied for second in team scoring – and the Giants are a solid outfit. He’ll give York a run for the title of top D-man in the draft.
  10. Vasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA-1946 (Rus.): When Podkolzin gets the puck on the rush, watch out. The sturdy right winger protects the puck and knows how to finish. He’s signed in Russia for at least a couple more years.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Talked about him a few pages back, but I'll repost what I said....

"Lavoie has a great shot and skating ability. He sort of looks like Chytil out on the ice. Can skate strong 1-vs-1 and can board out the defender playing on him while stick handling and maintaining possession. What he makes offensively on his own, though, he lacks in passing, physical play and positioning (for a winger). Also, not a very stop-and-go type of player. I've noticed he lackadaisically forechecks then proceeds to turn with no momentum going the other way. He doesn't jam his edges into the ice and I don't think his acceleration, ATM, would translate to pro hockey, let alone the NHL. I'm seeing more negatives than positives to his game right now, but I still think he's a 1st round talent in a project pick sense."

Reactions: Rangers743

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
THN

1. Jack Hughes, C, NTDP (USHL): Leading a stacked NTDP squad in scoring with 16 points in 11 games, Hughes has so far confirmed that he is one of the quickest, deadliest offensive threats outside the NHL right now.
  2. Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (Fin.): Big, smart and talented, Kakko is holding his own as one of the top scorers on his Liiga team and I’ve heard talk that TPS may even try him at center as the season progresses.
  3. Kirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL): His size and smarts are calling cards, while Dach’s talent has enabled him to run roughshod in the Dub to the tune of 22 points in 13 games. That puts him top-five in the league.
  4. Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL): Another big kid from out West, Cozens has a ton of potential thanks to his shot and his puck-protection abilities. With 18 points in 13 games, he leads the Hurricanes.
  5. Matthew Boldy, LW, NTDP (USHL): The MVP of the All American Prospects Game, Boldy brings an excellent skills package to the table and leads the NTDP in goals with nine in 11 games. He’s a Boston College commit.
  6. Cam York, D, NTDP (USHL): Team USA’s best offensive threat from the blueline, York is a new-school defender who can move the puck and think the game at a high level, York is still deciding on his NCAA commitment.
  7. Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL): Incredible smarts and skills make Suzuki one of the deadliest weapons in the OHL this season. The younger brother of Habs prospect Nick Suzuki has 21 points in just 11 games for the Colts.
  8. Peyton Krebs, LW, Kootenay (WHL): Krebs has also been playing center for the Ice early on, so he’s got that versatility. Smart and quick, he’s a great playmaker on a team that could use more weapons.
  9. Bowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL): A great skater and puckhandler, Byram is tied for second in team scoring – and the Giants are a solid outfit. He’ll give York a run for the title of top D-man in the draft.
  10. Vasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA-1946 (Rus.): When Podkolzin gets the puck on the rush, watch out. The sturdy right winger protects the puck and knows how to finish. He’s signed in Russia for at least a couple more years.

Not a bad 1st round. Think Dorofeyev needs to be mentioned in some capacity.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Talked about him a few pages back, but I'll repost what I said....

"Lavoie has a great shot and skating ability. He sort of looks like Chytil out on the ice. Can skate strong 1-vs-1 and can board out the defender playing on him while stick handling and maintaining possession. What he makes offensively on his own, though, he lacks in passing, physical play and positioning (for a winger). Also, not a very stop-and-go type of player. I've noticed he lackadaisically forechecks then proceeds to turn with no momentum going the other way. He doesn't jam his edges into the ice and I don't think his acceleration, ATM, would translate to pro hockey, let alone the NHL. I'm seeing more negatives than positives to his game right now, but I still think he's a 1st round talent in a project pick sense."
Thanks I didnt see this earlier

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I like this player. Nicholas Robertson. He was very good in the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament in August. A little bit undersized at 5-9 160. He can really shoot that puck and finish.

Robertson, a 5’8”, 156lbs centre, earned a ‘B’ rating on the players to watch list, suggesting that he could be a possible second- or third-round choice in the NHL Entry Draft, after a successful rookie season with the Petes.

Four Petes Named to NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List – Peterborough Petes

He just returned from a wrist injury.

Josh Williams is another player who was good for Canada in the same tournament. He isn't being mentioned as a 1st rounder. Right handed shot. He can really shoot the puck too.

The Rangers can use either player in their system. Non-1st rounders.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Updated mocks....

2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

1 (3) C: Dylan Cozens (CAN)(6'3"/185lbs., Shot: Right, Lethbridge/WHL)

2019 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

1 (4) C: Alex Turcotte (USA)(5'9"/194lbs., Shot: Left, USNTDP/USHL) *19/20 U. of Wisconsin Commit*

2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

1 (6) C: Kirby Dach (CAN)(6'3"/198lbs., Shot: Right, Saskatoon/WHL)
2 (37) LW: Maxim Cajkovic (SVK)(5'9"/187lbs., Shot: Right, Saint John/QMJHL)
2 (61) C/LW: Nick Robertson (USA)(5'9"/168lbs., Shot: Left, Peterborough/OHL)
3 (68) C: Harrison Blaisdell (CAN)(5'10"/176lbs., Shot: Left, Chilliwack/BCHL) *20/21 U. of North Dakota Commit*
5 (130) D: Grayson Ladd (CAN)(6'1"/171lbs., Shot: Right, Windsor/OHL)
6 (161) RW: Ryder Rolston (USA)(6'0"/165lbs., Shot: Right, USNTDP/USHL) *20/21 U. of Notre Dame Commit*
7 (192) LW: Mathieu Boulianne (CAN)(5'9"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Shawinigan/QMJHL)

Dach is an awesome player at No. 6. Absolute top line, 1C upside that can help this NYR team for the future. Cajkovic is skilled as hell. Quick and shifty, could use some work defensively. Robertson is having an awful start to the season in the OHL, but if he keeps showing what he showed at the Hlinka over the summer, then this would be a solid pick. Blaisdell is an awesome offensive player, but I'm not sure how his skating stride will translate in the NCAA let alone the NHL. Ladd is a decently poised defender, but still makes mistakes on the reads. Not the best option there. Rolston is a top pick for the 2020 draft, so someone screwed up there. Boulianne I don't think will get drafted.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I like this player. Nicholas Robertson. He was very good in the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament in August. A little bit undersized at 5-9 160. He can really shoot that puck and finish.

Four Petes Named to NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List – Peterborough Petes

He just returned from a wrist injury.

Josh Williams is another player who was good for Canada in the same tournament. He isn't being mentioned as a 1st rounder. Right handed shot. He can really shoot the puck too.

The Rangers can use either player in their system. Non-1st rounders.

Just posted a mock that has Robertson slated in the late 2nd round for NYR. ATM, I can see that being where he ends up (maybe even the 3rd), but let's hope he plays well again like he did in the Hlinka.

I've been very disappointed with Williams so far. He's got a great shot and knack to set up plays, but not really anything else. He's smart, but hasn't consistently put everything together. Get's caught watching the game, a lot. Reminds me of Yogan a little bit, ATM. Biggest disappointment for me so far.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Updated mocks....

2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

1 (3) C: Dylan Cozens (CAN)(6'3"/185lbs., Shot: Right, Lethbridge/WHL)

2019 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

1 (4) C: Alex Turcotte (USA)(5'9"/194lbs., Shot: Left, USNTDP/USHL) *19/20 U. of Wisconsin Commit*

2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

1 (6) C: Kirby Dach (CAN)(6'3"/198lbs., Shot: Right, Saskatoon/WHL)
2 (37) LW: Maxim Cajkovic (SVK)(5'9"/187lbs., Shot: Right, Saint John/QMJHL)
2 (61) C/LW: Nick Robertson (USA)(5'9"/168lbs., Shot: Left, Peterborough/OHL)
3 (68) C: Harrison Blaisdell (CAN)(5'10"/176lbs., Shot: Left, Chilliwack/BCHL) *20/21 U. of North Dakota Commit*
5 (130) D: Grayson Ladd (CAN)(6'1"/171lbs., Shot: Right, Windsor/OHL)
6 (161) RW: Ryder Rolston (USA)(6'0"/165lbs., Shot: Right, USNTDP/USHL) *20/21 U. of Notre Dame Commit*
7 (192) LW: Mathieu Boulianne (CAN)(5'9"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Shawinigan/QMJHL)

Dach is an awesome player at No. 6. Absolute top line, 1C upside that can help this NYR team for the future. Cajkovic is skilled as hell. Quick and shifty, could use some work defensively. Robertson is having an awful start to the season in the OHL, but if he keeps showing what he showed at the Hlinka over the summer, then this would be a solid pick. Blaisdell is an awesome offensive player, but I'm not sure how his skating stride will translate in the NCAA let alone the NHL. Ladd is a decently poised defender, but still makes mistakes on the reads. Not the best option there. Rolston is a top pick for the 2020 draft, so someone screwed up there. Boulianne I don't think will get drafted.

You’re encyclopedic with this shit.

You are to prospects what RB is twitter posts

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
You’re encyclopedic with this ****.

You are to prospects what RB is twitter posts

tenor.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

He’s okay, but I’ve never had in my top 10.

He’s older than a lot of the other prospects and so there’s a certain expectation for his game to be more developed.

But I see a kid who still plays a very junior league style game and can get away with his shortcomings because he is stronger than a lot of his competition.

I think he looks like a good potential support player, but I worry about the motor and I worry about his ability to produce points at the higher levels without a creative center.

Add to that I think a number of players have and continue to raise their stock - a kid like Boldy comes to mind.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Depending on where the team drafts, I could see Boldy, Byram, York, Podkolzin or Broberg as the choice without trying too hard.
I don't know about Broberg. I feel like his preformance in the Ivan Hilinka has really helped his draft stock, of course its still early in the season though

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't know about Broberg. I feel like his preformance in the Ivan Hilinka is really helped his draft stock, of course its still early in the season though

If nothing else, just something for the board to consider.

We’re falling in love with the centers, and understanbly so. But looking at the Rangers history, and some of their approaches, I’d say there is a distinct possibility the pick is not a Canadian kid playing junior hockey.

Reactions: Berserk

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
If nothing else, just something for the board to consider.

We’re falling in love with the centers, and understanbly so. But looking at the Rangers history, and some of their approaches, I’d say there is a distinct possibility the pick is not a Canadian kid playing junior hockey.
And hopefully not another LD. We already have a stocked supply of those.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And hopefully not another LD. We already have a stocked supply of those.

Really depends on who they like.

Let’s say they’re picking 6th and Byram is on the board — could very well be him. I know that contradicts my previous comment about Canadian juniors, but I expect the reaction on here would still be strong because of the LHD factor.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Really depends on who they like.

Let’s say they’re picking 6th and Byram is on the board — could very well be him. I know that contradicts my previous comment about Canadian juniors, but I expect the reaction on here would still be strong because of the LHD factor.
He is good, but I don't see him as a can't miss LD to justify that. We already have Skjei, Rykov, Hajek, Miller, Lindgren e cia, let's see what we have in those and use this draft to fortify our forward group that is not that great when you see them as a whole.
I would be happy with one of Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cozens, Turcotte, Newhook and Podkolzin (Podkolzin would be my last choice only because he plays for SKA and has a 3 year contract with them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad