Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Reading all of this, say it does play out where Kot, Tkachuk, Dobson go 3-5. Detroit is sitting at 6 with Zadina on the board but they're dialed in for D. Hughes, Boqvist, and Bouchard are all on the board. The price to trade obviously goes up but without knowing Detroit's board, one of those D will for sure be there at 9 and that's before even factoring in Wahlstrom still be there as well as Hayton possibly throwing in another loop. What will it cost for the Rangers to go from 6 to 9 and how much do you pay to do it? 26 or 28, to me, obviously have to be in it but how much more on top of that?

Not to mention if it plays out like this, I'd 100% want the Rangers somehow getting Edmonton's 10 because there will be another great player on the board that slips. Zuccarello alone won't get you that pick but how much more on top of that as well? They'll still have the other first that wouldn't go in the hypothetical Detroit trade, plus two 2nds and 2 3rds. Not to mention, they can recoup picks if they want multiple selections anyway through Spooner/Namestnikov deals.

It's a bit of a fantasy land type thing when you're looking at this many trades but Zadina falling that low REALLY changes things for me. The possibility of getting two legitimate top prospects would be there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Chayka said on local radio he was willing to trade #7 last year because he didn't feel strongly about the players that would have been available to him. This year he is very comfortable that the Coyotes will get a premium player at #5. I got the impression listening to him is that the Coyotes may go defense because they have Hjalmarsson, Goligoski and Demers all getting older.

If the Coyotes had held the #7 pick last year, they would have taken Nick Suzuki (not from interview, learned this from contact)

He comes off as a guy who really likes the sound of his own voice.

Reactions: bobbop

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
1. Acquire #10.
2. Move up from 9 or 10 to draft Noah
3. Take one of the wingers at the later pick
4. Profit
5. I wake up

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I’m taking the train up with my wife on Friday afternoon, getting together with some old colleagues and then heading to the party.
I've never taken the Keystone. Let me know how it is :)

I will be attending the draft party in Buffalo BUT wearing my Rangers gear. Though we have only a light rail here.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If the Rangers draft Boqvist I’d be hedging the risk by taking another defenseman in the first round (preferably also RD).

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I've never taken the Keystone. Let me know how it is :)

I will be attending the draft party in Buffalo BUT wearing my Rangers gear. Though we have only a light rail here.

It’s not a bad trip. Brief 15 minute layover in Philly and then up to the city. Never even have to switch trains.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I love, love, love the takeaway from this latest Bobcast.

If everything truly has gotten this muddled, and one or two of those high end talent guys find their way down to #9, I only hope that Gorton is able to navigate through the fog and grab them.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The prevailing thought seems to be that Ottawa, Arizona, and Detroit are going with defense.

If that’s the case, I’d say the top 6 looks like

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Kotkaniemi
4. Dobson
5. Hughes
6. Bouchard

The question is who Vancouver goes with at 7. Zadina, Tkachuk or Boqvist. I don’t see them going with Wahlstrom.

Boqvist would give them a potential star defenseman, but Zadina is higher ranked player.

They know the Rangers want Tkachuk, but don’t trust Chicago enough not to take him if he’s there.

Vancouver sends the 7th to the Rangers for the 9th pick and the Devils second.

Rangers take Tkachuk 7th. They get a guy who is completely different than what they have and who has a relationship with Quinn. They expect Tkachuk to make the team.

Chicago, set to take Hayton, can’t pass on Zadina and takes him 8th.

Vancouver gets a defenseman they really like in Boqvist at the 9 spot, and have also picked up a second.

Edmonton is elated because they get Wahlstrom to play with McDavid.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If 2 of Kotkaniemi/Hayton/Bouchard go before #9, I wouldn't even bother trading up.

To me, there's never been a reason to trade up unless Zadina fell far enough where you could reasonably jump from 9. I never thought he'd get past 4 or hell, even 5, up until today. That's the only guy I'd trade up for and it would take a pretty penny to do so if he's on the board IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad