Post-Game Talk: Down 4-0 to BOS in the 3rd, the Cats use all 9 lives to come back and win it, 5-4 in shootout!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
tenor.gif

You can't triple stamp a double stamp!

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bjugstad is one of those guys that I don't think will ever put it all together.

He seems to just be completely lacking any sort of mean streak or even competitive edge out there, which is a shame. He has the talent, and he's showed in flashes that he can maybe do it. But at this point, I don't think it's ever going to happen for him.

He was so dominant at Minny. You're right, he just has no will to compete. What a waste.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going to watch the 3rd/OT/SO while I eat lunch. :D:popcorn: After I'll leave some notes I had from the game. Really we played one bad period last night.

1st 4/7

2nd 0 / 7

3rd 7 /7

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
This team will figure it out. This game was more about Bob sucking than the defense. Bob was really horrible.

But Q man. You gotta have a lot of clout to do what he does and is doing to the team.

Previous coaches have been figuring it out together with the team. Quenneville comes in and is more about No, THIS is how you win. Massive difference there.

One thing that I might be wrong about, but that occurred to me last night: I'm not sure Boughner would have pulled Bobrovsky to enter the third period. That's a $10m Vezina winning goaltender. Q has the cachet to pull him and then say after the game that he has to play better. I'm not sure a less accomplished coach would be willing or able to do that.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He really has become a great player. I never thought I'd see the day when this team could score at will. Unfortunately we also leak goals like a sieve.

I think we are rapidly approaching the point with Huberdeau where we can stop and say "He is this good," as opposed to "I wonder when he's going to come back down to Earth?"

Case in point: The (few) posters who enjoyed chirping him have quietly let it go.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I think we are rapidly approaching the point with Huberdeau where we can stop and say "He is this good," as opposed to "I wonder when he's going to come back down to Earth?"

Case in point: The (few) posters who enjoyed chirping him have quietly let it go.

I used to question his skating all the time.
I no longer do. He simply knows now what he is and what he can do, and it's :yo:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I dope im not the Downer here. But no matter where i look everyone is impressive and goes crazy, of the Florida Panthers Comeback.

But for real no matter of the mental Game and the will of the Comeback horrible Game again. Sure everyone will take the 4 Points of the Rangers and Boston Game, but is that what i wanna see as Panthers Hockey?

I read social Media saying great Comeback, you read Player Interviews great Comeback, you read Team Media great Game. But what was so great??

I mean, we played 20 Minutes Hockey, was 1 Periode not able to bring on some real shots on the Net of Boston . In the next Periode, after they get a SINGLE Goal against, they complete Team had a Mental Break Down. TopLine was not even to get out of the Zone. When those are the great Games of Florida are, we have some serious trouble or maybe some different understandings how a Game should look.

Would you me or anyone here like to see, Panther always trail by 3 Goals or more and then has to put it much more Energy. Our Top Players would be dead tired, latest in February, in the Hot Time when it comes to the PO. This cant be serious they, this is the Best we can.
To get 4 Goals back and take a win is a great effort, but that has nothing to do with great Hockey Game.

A great Hockey Game is dominate 60 Minutes, get out with a shotout and scored 3 or more Goals. By less shot faced. Then you really play a great Game.
We speaking here of a Team that want to be in the PO and want to come over the 1st Round. If we play that kind of Hockey in the PO, we will be out in the 1st Round.

For my will, call it negative Post or dont can enjoy a great Win. But i dont want to see mental Breakdowns after a single Goals against in a Top Game.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This was Boston's 4th goal (the one where Bob made a great 1st save and Chara got the rebound). Look where Josh Brown (a defensive defenseman) is in relation to the play lol

ISH3iwQ.png
As much as Brown stinks, this wasn't his fault. He got caught up ice in a physical altercation.....it happens.

Now look at this, moments before Chara scores:

upload_2019-11-13_15-40-52.png

ALL FOUR GUYS in our zone are watching the puck, nobody thinks to look at the guy who just passed it. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about and needs to be address.

upload_2019-11-13_15-41-37.png

Now we move ahead a few seconds and not a single one of them has adjusted as they watch Chara easily pick the puck up and put it in. This is amateur shit right here, totally unacceptable to play defense like this at the NHL level and they have plays like this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I like the one goal where pysyk got caught at the blue line just standing like a pylon and bruins skate in and take a shot (that bob should probably have). But lots of blame on the defensive side of the puck including D-men, forwards and G.

Everyone deserves equal blame tbh

ShootTheMessenger

Nov 7, 2017

Somewhere, Jean Luc is quietly mumbling in a dark corner about Huby doing too many ''dipsy do's'' or whatever.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Nap 1
Me getting my notes out for the game last night 0

Unbelievable comeback! Obviously that can't happen every night but it's nice when it does.

All right first, horrible second, unbelievable 3rd. And then to win in a shootout is like a cherry on top.

It's like a saying I've heard in baseball before:

"Every Spark doesn't ignite a comeback,
But every comeback contains a spark."

I thought Bob had one soft goal (3rd), one not great goal (2nd), and one goal you just have to tip your hat to (1st). That first goal by Pasta is a good player beating a good goalie, with a good shot. Not much you can do there. Although Barky made a stupid drop pass at the opposition blue line on that first goal that led to the rush.

This was Boston's 4th goal (the one where Bob made a great 1st save and Chara got the rebound). Look where Josh Brown (a defensive defenseman) is in relation to the play lol

ISH3iwQ.png

As much as Brown stinks, this wasn't his fault. He got caught up ice in a physical altercation.....it happens.

Now look at this, moments before Chara scores:

View attachment 276943

ALL FOUR GUYS in our zone are watching the puck, nobody thinks to look at the guy who just passed it. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about and needs to be address.

View attachment 276945

Now we move ahead a few seconds and not a single one of them has adjusted as they watch Chara easily pick the puck up and put it in. This is amateur **** right here, totally unacceptable to play defense like this at the NHL level and they have plays like this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

I like the one goal where pysyk got caught at the blue line just standing like a pylon and bruins skate in and take a shot (that bob should probably have). But lots of blame on the defensive side of the puck including D-men, forwards and G.

Everyone deserves equal blame tbh

That fourth goal had a lot of parts to it. If you watch the clip when the Bruins enter the Zone, about four players skate right past Pysyk, and he's caught standing still. Then Bob makes an unbelievable save off Krieji, a save that in my mind wouldn't have been made last year. Then everyone is Puck watching, notably Conn, and Chara Scoops up the rebound and it's 4 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad