Post-Game Talk: Down 4-0 to BOS in the 3rd, the Cats use all 9 lives to come back and win it, 5-4 in shootout!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Nice job on the comeback win Panthers! (I didn't read 28pgs of thread so hopefully nobody posted this already):

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-13_18-37-14.png
    upload_2019-11-13_18-37-14.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 10

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
So im not the only one thinking take the win but the Game shows a lot of Problems.
Boost your confidence in comeback, but recognise we let pass 4 before even thought about it.

As much i like those Post about where every Player was on the Goals on Boston, also what every Player did during these Goals.
I also would like to say, the dominate us in the neutral Zone 2 Periodes. On our BlueLine the took over the Puck again. And sorry that is no new System, that System plays Boston know for 3-4 Years. 2 Men on the puck carrier side take away the option, play the puck around behind the Net, another Boston Player goes after the pass reciver. But him im pressure one stand now short behind the Blue Line one in the Neutral Zone. And they have the Puck.

Why i dont like this, as other says bad defensive plays happen a lot of Nights(still in the Adjustment, as some Interviewer said). We play every year 3-5 Times Boston sometimes 2-3 Times in 3 Weeks, mostly in March. And no Coach so far had ever thougth about it find a Methode against the System Boston plays.

With a 4th Player between the circles who would give the Pass Reciever are short pass option. We would loose speed in the Breakout, with one Player high, but we wouldnt turn over the Puck on the Blueline. The only other option is you win the Boardbattle against the pinching Player and have a man advantage.

But option one is played by a few Teams against Boston and worked a few Times last Season, NJD played it, Blues played it. Unsure why the Panthers who face them by far more often doesnt try to figure something out.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I've never been happier to eat crow in my time as a fan. It's been a real joy watching Huberdeau blossom into a dangerous offensive player.
Agreed. I really didn’t like what I saw from him for about 2.5 years or so. I give him a lot of kudos for putting in the work to become the player that he has. He’s a fixture of this team and his play has been incredible for the past several seasons.
hopefully matheson does the same. He doesn’t have to do it in the physical sense like huberdeau had to, but just become better in general. Luckily, he’s trending up too and that can’t go unnoticed.

Barkov and huberdeau are the core. Even when their contracts run up they better lock them both down. Luckily we have another 3yrs of huberdeau’s, only 2yrs left after this for barkov.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I was in awe...had no words that they came back. 4 goals in the 3rd, against Boston, against rask. That was the most impressive thing I’ve seen from them during my time. We’re tied for 2nd in the division while being the 4th worst team in the league when it comes to goals against. (Just like last year) imagine if we were just average? We’d probably be leading the division. Now, that’s not how things played out so ultimately it’s irrelevant. But they’re a dangerous group if they can consistently keep the goals against down. Both goaltenders have to be better (Monty although was fantastic last night when he came in) and pick up a D at the deadline.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
So im not the only one thinking take the win but the Game shows a lot of Problems.
Boost your confidence in comeback, but recognise we let pass 4 before even thought about it.

As much i like those Post about where every Player was on the Goals on Boston, also what every Player did during these Goals.
I also would like to say, the dominate us in the neutral Zone 2 Periodes. On our BlueLine the took over the Puck again. And sorry that is no new System, that System plays Boston know for 3-4 Years. 2 Men on the puck carrier side take away the option, play the puck around behind the Net, another Boston Player goes after the pass reciver. But him im pressure one stand now short behind the Blue Line one in the Neutral Zone. And they have the Puck.

Why i dont like this, as other says bad defensive plays happen a lot of Nights(still in the Adjustment, as some Interviewer said). We play every year 3-5 Times Boston sometimes 2-3 Times in 3 Weeks, mostly in March. And no Coach so far had ever thougth about it find a Methode against the System Boston plays.

With a 4th Player between the circles who would give the Pass Reciever are short pass option. We would loose speed in the Breakout, with one Player high, but we wouldnt turn over the Puck on the Blueline. The only other option is you win the Boardbattle against the pinching Player and have a man advantage.

But option one is played by a few Teams against Boston and worked a few Times last Season, NJD played it, Blues played it. Unsure why the Panthers who face them by far more often doesnt try to figure something out.
It's a long season. The team has imperfections, but celebrate the good moments, mate.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
And as a former junior assistant coach, what a beautiful job on that comeback in the third. Any deficit in the last period, you have to start dividing the period up into segments and then remember that the last 2 minutes will be like a power-play since the goalie is pulled.

For example last night down by 4 in the third. Ek gets a goal 50 seconds into the period. Now you have 19:10 to get another three goals. So roughly that 6 and a half minutes per goal.
Frankie scores about the five and a half minute mark into the Third. Now you have about 7:15 to get two more goals, and remember the last 2 minutes will be with the goalie pulled.
Hoff then scores with 10:15 remaining in the game. So now you have a little over half the last period to tie the game up and send it to overtime. And remember, the last 2 minutes you will have the advantage with the goalie pulled.

The team really did a good job at chipping away at the deficit before the time was up in the segments rather than shortening segment times.

Reactions: Boothinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad