Post-Game Talk: Down 4-0 to BOS in the 3rd, the Cats use all 9 lives to come back and win it, 5-4 in shootout!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:panthers @ :bruins

8-4-5 --vs-- 11-3-3

Goalies:
20191112_102222.jpg

Offense:
20191112_102246.jpg

Defense:
20191112_102305.jpg

Acciari is apparently back in tonight
Weegar is likely out

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Boyle - Connolly
Vatrano - Trocheck - Malgin
Hunt - Acciari - Sceviour

Matheson - Ekblad
Pysyk - Stralman
Yandle - Brown

Bob
Monty

Torey Krug is out
DeBrusk, Ritchie and Backes as well

Bruins lines subject to change

This is another measuring stick game for the Panthers, ending a 3 game road trip against a divisional foe in the Bruins.
A win would secure 4 of 6 points on this road trip and maintain a 100+ point pace as the Cats come home for the next 14 of 16 games. A prime chance to create some momentum and take a run at a top 3 spot in the Atlantic.
Barkov aims to keep his goal streak alive, currently at 5 games.

Bruins are winless in their last 3 outings (0-2-1) but still sport a 11-3-3 record, so this needs to be a game where every Panther line is on the same page.
Especially against the hottest line in Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Bruins don't really have a weak spot other than the injuries, 4th in scoring, 1st in PP, 9th in PK, 9th in face-offs and 2nd in goal against.

Panthers have a chance to jump back into one of the top 3 Atlantic seeds with a win tonight, definitely a great motivator nearly 25% into the season just before you play a heavy dose of home games ahead. The last 10 games between the two have it even at 5-5-0, should be an interesting match-up tonight.

Panthers player stats:
Panthers.PNG

Bruins player stats:
Bruins.PNG

[marquee=] [/marquee]
[marquee=]LET'S GO PANTHERS!! [/marquee]

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I want that third line to work so bad.

Gives Trocheck what he needs, some speed, compete, grit and skill.

Trocheck and Vatrano can provide some grit, speed and scoring while Malgin adds the puck possession and play-making. Been impressed with Malgin's effort and tenacity on the puck to retrieve it.
Really liking Frank's game lately, he will be at it again tonight against his former team, along with Acciari on the 4th.

Malgin is due for a couple points soon, his ability to attract attention in OZ is really good and Trocheck will get the points going, even if he becomes more of a setup guy, feel he will thrive with two of our quicker players.
Really haven't had any issues with Q's lines for most part.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If you would've told me Brian Boyle would be this team's answer for second line center I would've thought we were going to be a basement team again, but he hasn't been that bad.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
If you would've told me Brian Boyle would be this team's answer for second line center I would've thought we were going to be a basement team again, but he hasn't been that bad.
Q has always done well setting up large forwards up for success. See Bickell and Byfug as a forward. He knows how to use big men...like my ex wife =(

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
As much as I think we're all sick of ALWGAP nights, I would honestly not be upset with one tonight. Just survive this hell of an early schedule and play better over time.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Happy Acci is back in. The fourth line Winger's seemed to have been disoriented or something without him as their C.

They've been consistently our best line this year, if not tied for the best line IMO.

Reactions: Kellyr

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Gives Trocheck what he needs, some speed, compete, grit and skill.

Trocheck and Vatrano can provide some grit, speed and scoring while Malgin adds the puck possession and play-making. Been impressed with Malgin's effort and tenacity on the puck to retrieve it.
Really liking Frank's game lately, he will be at it again tonight against his former team, along with Acciari on the 4th.

Malgin is due for a couple points soon, his ability to attract attention in OZ is really good and Trocheck will get the points going, even if he becomes more of a setup guy, feel he will thrive with two of our quicker players.
Really haven't had any issues with Q's lines for most part.
Hoping that line takes off so we can name it. Looks fun on paper. Hopefully they can execute.

#TheExecutioners or #ThePaperLine, which one will show up tonight?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad