Douglas Murray: What a hit!

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
This guy is a wall on skates. Too bad he'll be sitting for MT's loverboy Bouillon when Emelin will come back.

That call was questionable, though. Seemed like a reverse-hit to me, as Murray was the one who touched the puck last and Kreider was coming in on him.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
This guy is a wall on skates. Too bad he'll be sitting for MT's loverboy Bouillon when Emelin will come back.

That call was questionable, though. Seemed like a reverse-hit to me, as Murray was the one who touched the puck last and Kreider was coming in on him.

He should break bouillon in practice.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Fantastic hit. It was interference -- Kreider never touches the puck -- but damn, I want Murray to make that type of clean hit every single time, even if it means taking a penalty for it. It scares opposition from getting too close towards the blue line and it wakes up the Habs bench as well.

Halifaxhab*

It's those kinds of hits we were lacking with Emelin out.

And honestly would rather have Murray in the Bottom Pairing than Bouillion.....but would MUCH rather Diaz be moved to make room for him

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Srsly, ever since Emelin was injured, was there a memorable check given by a Habs player (besides in the playoffs, but that doesn't count because, intensity goes up - I mean, proof to back that up is that freaking Bourque gave a huge hit to Alfredsson in that playoffs - don't see that often).

Anyways, going back to the prime point, NO ONE in this team is capable of producing a physical game. You have this Swede beast coming in his 1ST game and delivering the most brutal hit we've seen this season so far and, I think, ever since Emelin got his knee tendons tore.

Would be fun to see BOTH Emelin and Murray on the ice... but something something Bouillon...

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Srsly, ever since Emelin was injured, was there a memorable check given by a Habs player (besides in the playoffs, but that doesn't count because, intensity goes up - I mean, proof to back that up is that freaking Bourque gave a huge hit to Alfredsson in that playoffs - don't see that often).

Anyways, going back to the prime point, NO ONE in this team is capable of producing a physical game. You have this Swede beast coming in his 1ST game and delivering the most brutal hit we've seen this season so far and, I think, ever since Emelin got his knee tendons tore.

Would be fun to see BOTH Emelin and Murray on the ice... but something something Bouillon...

Yeah, I can only remember big hits in the preseason by Tinordi.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I thought Murray played fairly well considering the circumstances.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of our young D (NB, JT, GP) but I feel much better having Murray on the bottom pairing.

Hopefully Emelin can return to form and boot Diaz out of the top 4.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Murray, Emelin, and Subban allon different pairings,will have guys on the opposition with their heads up, and being a little more careful entering the zone...:handclap:

Murray also looked fairly good around the net, trying to clear the crease...

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
I thought Murray played fairly well considering the circumstances.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of our young D (NB, JT, GP) but I feel much better having Murray on the bottom pairing.

Hopefully Emelin can return to form and boot Diaz out of the top 4.
I hope it's a Murray-Diaz 5/6 pairing once Emelin is back.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I love how Murray plays the puck and Krieder comes in to hit him and gets laid out and Murray get's an interference penalty. Horrid call.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
It's those kinds of hits we were lacking with Emelin out.

And honestly would rather have Murray in the Bottom Pairing than Bouillion.....but would MUCH rather Diaz be moved to make room for him

Dont know man. I dont like what i see on the ice from Diaz but when you look at the facts, he plays 20 or so minutes per game, has a +1 differential and scored 4 points out of 12 games. It might not be mind blowing but if he's playing sound defensively then using him as a 3rd/4th defenseman makes sense.

In my opinion, he's not any worse than Spacek/Hamrlik were.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
The guy has this mean look about him... I love it. White's got the crazy, Murray's got the mean. Damn we need more of that.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
The guy has this mean look about him... I love it. White's got the crazy, Murray's got the mean. Damn we need more of that.

You mean Parros, Prust, Moen (a little anyway) and Emelin?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Can't wait until we play against the Sens, he disturbed the hole team last year in the playoffs while he was in Pittsburgh

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I thought he played well for his first game. He's tough but he also has a very active stick that makes up for his slow foot speed. It was nice to see on the ice at the end of the game... couldn't have had that with Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad