Douglas Murray: What a hit!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I like his size and physical style, but he was terrible last game. He and cube got dramatically out chanced and spent way, WAY to much time chasing the play. Cube was worse, but both were terrible. He needs a puck mover to be effective.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He ain't no Diaz without the puck, that's for sure.

I like his size and physical style, but he was terrible last game. He and cube got dramatically out chanced and spent way, WAY to much time chasing the play. Cube was worse, but both were terrible. He needs a puck mover to be effective.

Everytime there was a battle along the boards or in front of the net, the Rangers didn't get the upper hand. That's what I saw.

As for being terrible, I think it's ironic that anybody mentions how this pairing got DRAMATICALLY OUT CHANCED (OMG!), despite registering a shutout, with our 2nd goalie playing, and on the road to boot (which means we didn't pick the matchups).

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal

He wasnt terrible, he didnt make any glaring mistakes except for taking a penalty on that hit..

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Fantastic hit. It was interference -- Kreider never touches the puck -- but damn, I want Murray to make that type of clean hit every single time, even if it means taking a penalty for it. It scares opposition from getting too close towards the blue line and it wakes up the Habs bench as well.

****ing excellent. You want to cross our blue line, I will **** you up.

Love this guy. Took on the Rags biggest ******* and floored him immediately. Did not pick on a small guy, chose the the biggest guy.

Well done Dougie.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
HE'S SLOW! Here, that means he's terrible.

He IS slow as hell but then again, Hal Gill, who was well-loved of the fanbase, somehow managed to be slower than Murray... and less physical.

In any case it's too soon to judge, maybe he'll start turning the puck over all the time or maybe he'll be a reliable 5/6th dman, lets just wait and see.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He IS slow as hell but then again, Hal Gill, who was well-loved of the fanbase, somehow managed to be sower than Murray... and less physical.

In any case it's too soon to judge, maybe he'll start turning the puck over all the time or maybe he'll be a reliable 5/6th dman, lets just wait and see.

Gill made some non-funny jokes that made everybody laugh in those capsules. So he got a pass. ;)

People are just incredibly frustrated that Tinordi showed he's nowhere near the NHL with his current level of play. This is HFBoards, afterwards, where people claimed after 2 preseason games that Tinordi was better than Douglas.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He ain't no Diaz without the puck, that's for sure.

Everytime there was a battle along the boards or in front of the net, the Rangers didn't get the upper hand. That's what I saw.

As for being terrible, I think it's ironic that anybody mentions how this pairing got DRAMATICALLY OUT CHANCED (OMG!), despite registering a shutout, with our 2nd goalie playing, and on the road to boot (which means we didn't pick the matchups).

Love

This

Post!!!!!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Fantastic hit. It was interference -- Kreider never touches the puck -- but damn, I want Murray to make that type of clean hit every single time, even if it means taking a penalty for it. It scares opposition from getting too close towards the blue line and it wakes up the Habs bench as well.

Exactly. He'll teach the kids, and especially Tiny, how to stand guys up at the blue line. It's about ****ing time.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
You come on the right side, Subban and Emelin will destroy your body, oh the left side? Murray will take away your soul. Your choice

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Murray is what we needed.

Emelin, Murray and Subban all on our defensive core = me happy!

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I like him, even if he's slow as hell, you don't need much speed when battle near the boards and in front of the net but it's funny that a win makes all the difference.

If we lost yesterday, I'm pretty sure this board would be all over Murray saying how slow and useless he was.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I like him, even if he's slow as hell, you don't need much speed when battle near the boards and in front of the net but it's funny that a win makes all the difference.

If we lost yesterday, I'm pretty sure this board would be all over Murray saying how slow and useless he was.

Of course. The "clique" would be out in full force and blame it all on him.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Kreider saw who it was at the last second and seemed to recoil. Players definitely know who Douglas Murray is, and the type of pain he can dish out. Glad to have him on the blueline.

Also, his skating might not be the best, but he's really good with the stick and he sees the ice very well.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
When I saw a rusty slow Murray on the PK last night I almost shat myself. Way to work Murray in slowly there Michel. It all worked out, for his first game since last year I'd have to give him a lot of credit.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
I thought Murray played well under the circumstances. He is still getting into game shape, let him work it a bit. He did show something in which we lack on the blueline, a punishing presence. Now i will give time until i judge if he is a good signing or not, but taking into account the good and the bad from last night, i say i wasnt overly impressed, but disappointed either. You pair him with a faster moving partner, and it could turn out well. ( To me, im thinking another Hall Gill, who looked like a snail trying to skate through quick sand as well ).

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
When I saw a rusty slow Murray on the PK last night I almost shat myself. Way to work Murray in slowly there Michel. It all worked out, for his first game since last year I'd have to give him a lot of credit.

Anything to keep Subban off the P.k, although I like what Murray did. Especially on the boards, what I don't get is why Diaz gets P.k time.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Anything to keep Subban off the P.k, although I like what Murray did. Especially on the boards, what I don't get is why Diaz gets P.k time.

Diaz is a head scratcher agreed. I just think Therrien hands out roles to keep everyone "in the game" . It's not optimal but it maybe keeps the entire team engaged and focused and perhaps it's more of an 82 game strategy.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
This board can be so annoying, we get it, Murray is slow. We can move on now.

Surely, you should expect that a 6' 3", 240 pound man who also happens to be 33 year old isnt going to be confused for Jeremy Wotherspoon.

He is on a cheap 1 year deal to be a physical presence on our 3rd pairing and penalty killing. I think he is well worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->