Douglas Murray: What a hit!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You come on the right side, Subban and Emelin will destroy your body, oh the left side? Murray will take away your soul. Your choice

I don't really care about all those mini-stats and micro-stat junk - A TOUGH TEAM IS WAY MORE ENTERTAINING!!

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

We're set, that's it, that's the best our D could look and the sheer lack of mobility by Murray will force Therrien's hand into adopting a more "collapse-style" defense, which works to everybody's benefit.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I don't really care about all those mini-stats and micro-stat junk - A TOUGH TEAM IS WAY MORE ENTERTAINING!!

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

We're set, that's it, that's the best our D could look and the sheer lack of mobility by Murray will force Therrien's hand into adopting a more "collapse-style" defense, which works to everybody's benefit.

I love it.

About the hit.. man oh man, Kreider ran into a slow moving wrecking ball and it's his own damn fault.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Not a big big fan of this type of player, but with our puck moving ability, he may help keep the crease clear a bit. I think he'll prove to be more of a liability than anything, but if his minutes are managed properly, he might be a pretty useful player. I didn't think he was particularly good last night though, but that's kind of expected.

68*

Loved that hit. I love fat men. Subban, Emelin, Murray are all big. Need to trade Diaz for someone that is built for the NHL. Bouillon will be gone after this year. Don't know what to do with Gorges. He made some good hits but he also gets destroyed like he's 150 pounds. The guy is a spaghetti though, gets destroyed but no broken bones, just gets up and plays like nothing happened.

FlavorFlav

Feb 26, 2003
Visit site
I like this guy.

I've watched it about 6 times also, Murray absolutely steamrolled dude like he wasn't even there.

I think this will get around the league, and quick little forwards will take notice and show just a teeny bit more reticence cross that blueline, boy...

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
People saying how they can't remember what a good hit was since Emelin went out until last night with Murray.

I disagree: PK can lay out some massive checks. Let's not forget our best Dman :P

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
This guy is a wall on skates. Too bad he'll be sitting for MT's loverboy Bouillon when Emelin will come back.

That call was questionable, though. Seemed like a reverse-hit to me, as Murray was the one who touched the puck last and Kreider was coming in on him.

Yes, he's a wall, but as you know, walls aren't very mobile. I agree with you that he should be ranked ahead of Bouillon, though.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
****ing excellent. You want to cross our blue line, I will **** you up.

Love this guy. Took on the Rags biggest ******* and floored him immediately. Did not pick on a small guy, chose the the biggest guy.

Well done Dougie.

Well....Kreider is not the biggest, nor the heaviest Ranger. Brian Boyle and Taylor Pyatt are both taller and heavier.

That said.... Kreider is not DD sized.

Analyzer*

Does it even register as a hit ?

It was interference. It was nice hit from standing back and just watching it, but it was an illegal hit at that.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
People saying how they can't remember what a good hit was since Emelin went out until last night with Murray.

I disagree: PK can lay out some massive checks. Let's not forget our best Dman :P

Big difference with PK and Emelin is they usually have a bit more momentum going into the hit. Murray is just a wall. Kreider was coming at him. Kreider bounces off. Murray is one solid dude. He is quite slow, but it was nice to see him defending Price last night.

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Look out, the pacifists are out already and Murray is the next target... One bad game and they'll be calling for his head.

Murray brings size and snarl back there. He's not making pretty plays or winning speed contests, he's being a mean tough SOB that makes life hell on opposing forwards while protecting our smaller guys.

Did his job fine last night. Won battles, played hard and the team got the shut out victory. But the whiners have to complain about something

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Guys like subban emelin and Murray are built for the playoffs. I like gorges-subban. Markova-emelin. Murray-Diaz for the playoffs

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Guys like subban emelin and Murray are built for the playoffs. I like gorges-subban. Markova-emelin. Murray-Diaz for the playoffs

Okay....

You say that Subban, Emelin and Murray are built for playoffs.

Yet keep Diaz in your lineup... ?!?!?!

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I had no clue about this signing until tonight.

All I can say is I love it. Yea he is slow and a liability.

Oh also, I've nver been a fan of the we need to get bigger club.

But now that I've seen what bigger means in terms of Murray, I'm on board. I love his style out there, throwing checks and punishing people for being in our end. **** Hal Friendly gill's poke checks, I want Murray shove a guy on his ass 8 days a week.

I'm officially drinking the we need to get bigger and tougher koolaid.

Analyzer*

Sharks fans are correct. Most of his big time hits come from people trying to to hit him.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I had no clue about this signing until tonight.

All I can say is I love it. Yea he is slow and a liability.

Oh also, I've nver been a fan of the we need to get bigger club.

But now that I've seen what bigger means in terms of Murray, I'm on board. I love his style out there, throwing checks and punishing people for being in our end. **** Hal Friendly gill's poke checks, I want Murray shove a guy on his ass 8 days a week.

I'm officially drinking the we need to get bigger and tougher koolaid.

:shakehead

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He might not be fast but boy when Emelin comes back with him and Murray I think people will start thinking twice when skating into the Canadiens Zone!

Subban
Emelin
Murray

Those guys who can deliver the big hits! :yo:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not a big big fan of this type of player, but with our puck moving ability, he may help keep the crease clear a bit. I think he'll prove to be more of a liability than anything, but if his minutes are managed properly, he might be a pretty useful player. I didn't think he was particularly good last night though, but that's kind of expected.

Let's see, your type of player must be Ian Bullis.

We Want The 25

Go Habs Go
Sep 7, 2006
loving him so far. you can see other team players think twice before going in the corner when douglas is around. as long as we don't overplay him he will be a very good addition to our defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad