GDT: Dougie-less Canes going for #4

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This is why those losses in the early, easy part of the schedule is so big. We have such a tough schedule the rest of the way and we are playing like complete shit right now.

If they don't get their heads out of their asses soon, they'll find themselves out of the playoff hunt in the blink of an eye

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Well they got a point I suppose. Seems like a lot of players are dealing with a lack of confidence. I don't think Williams is gonna magically change that but I can tell you he can't get here soon enough.
Because when you lack confidence with scoring, the leadership and experience of known sniper Jordan Staal is exactly what the team needs to right the ship........

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Meh. Tough circumstances with the injury and the scrabble lines. The defense moved the puck like end stage Awardo. That’s a concern.

Gardiner looked good, at least. That wasn’t a fast game, though.

Reactions: Tryamw

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Bad stretch but bad stretches happen. Happy for the point. Got to keep trucking and get back on track. Hopefully all star break will be a reset. Tough loss tho

SliceNDice92

Dec 10, 2017
Teams are learning how to shut them down one game after another... we get one and then it’s back to making them dump and skate after it. It’s easy to defend a team when a majority of the shots come from boards with not much behind it...

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
After the last few games it's pretty clear a trade must happen if we hope to make the playoffs this year. They are going to fall way back with the current roster, even with Williams
I agree. Honestly, I was getting worried about this team back around mid to late December but I didn't want to be that alarmist fan and get dismissed. Even before Hamilton's injury, this team really wasn't inspiring confidence about getting into the playoffs particularly with the metro being as competitive as it is.

I'm feeling skeptical the Canes make the playoffs at this point more than ever this season.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I agree. Honestly, I was getting worried about this team back around mid to late December but I didn't want to be that alarmist fan and get dismissed. Even before Hamilton's injury, this team really wasn't inspiring confidence about getting into the playoffs particularly with the metro being as competitive as it is.

I'm feeling skeptical the Canes make the playoffs at this point more than ever this season.

But if you were an alarmist fan and did put those thoughts out on this board and were mocked for them, then you get the grim satisfaction of seeing pretty much the same takes being said tonight that you said a few weeks ago.

It’s bittersweet.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

No good. Reimer played well. Pretty much every player had a horrendous giveaway but they were covered up every time. This team loves the deflect-dump-in .... but they have the skill to carry the puck in and make plays that way. It’s a little maddening.

oh and I hope that’s the end of Slavin on PP1.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

No good. Reimer played well. Pretty much every player had a horrendous giveaway but they were covered up every time. This team loves the deflect-dump-in .... but they have the skill to carry the puck in and make plays that way. It’s a little maddening.

oh and I hope that’s the end of Slavin on PP1.

If we got rid of every player that sucked on the powerplay, we’d have no players to put on the powerplay.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad