GDT: Dougie-less Canes going for #4

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
We hosts Anaheim aiming to prolong its three-game home winning streak.

The Ducks are 7-15-2 in road games. Anaheim averages 11.2 penalty minutes per game, the second-most in the league.

The Hurricanes are 15-8-0 at home.

LAST 10 GAMES: Ducks: 3-6-1, averaging 2.3 goals, 3.4 assists, 2.7 penalties and 6.3 penalty minutes while allowing 3.2 goals per game with a .900 save percentage.

Hurricanes: 5-5-0, averaging 2.8 goals, 4.9 assists, 3.4 penalties and 6.8 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game with a .907 save percentage.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Slavin is about to get Chabot minutes, maybe more. Pesce will be in Parayko territory, maybe beyond. Hopefully that turns out to be more of an opportunity than a burden for those guys.

Yeah I was a little surprised Slavin was the All-Star pick. Few players in the NHL will be relied upon as heavily as him for the next few months. Guy needs his rest.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Slavin is about to get Chabot minutes, maybe more. Pesce will be in Parayko territory, maybe beyond. Hopefully that turns out to be more of an opportunity than a burden for those guys.
I've always wondered how much production we could get out of Slavin if we used him on the PP more. This is not the ideal way to find out but I'm guessing we still only see him on the 2nd PP at best anyway. Gardiner will probably get the majority of Dougie's minutes.

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I've always wondered how much production we could get out of Slavin if we used him on the PP more. This is not the ideal way to find out but I'm guessing we still only see him on the 2nd PP at best anyway. Gardiner will probably get the majority of Dougie's minutes.
We used him on the PP last year sometimes.. IIRC with Hamilton didn't really do all that well.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Our star players need to step their damn game up. Too many have been absent or quiet for a while now, and then Hamilton gets injured all during the middle of an absolute struggle to stay at least as a wild card team. Come on Aho, Svechnikov, and I would mention Nino, but he's a lost cause at this point in the season; last year's performance by him won't even come close to being matched.

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->