News Article: Dougie Hamilton vs. Seth Jones

Who should the Flyers' top target be?

• Total voters

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So which one is it. Did I say it or imply it because that goal post got moved too. Either way I implied nothing. You are lying and twisting my words yet again to try to talk your way out of being proven wrong rather than just be a stand up dude and admit it. You really can't get out of your own way and I honestly am starting to feel bad for you.

I mean, you also flat out said it in that quote. Not very effective nitpicking on your part.

I see you're reduced to another temper tantrum attacking me again so that's usually a good sign I'm right and you know it.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That is incorrect. Lol dude, you literally quoted someone in your very next post that said
''Competent coaching and playing players in suitable roles is the only fix this team needs.''

There are like two people on this board who think there shouldn't be any significant changes to the roster, and ironically they can't stand each other and are on the opposite side of pretty much every single argument.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are like two people on this board who think there shouldn't be any significant changes to the roster, and ironically they can't stand each other and are on the opposite side of pretty much every single argument.
If you mean me, I definitely think there should be significant changes. Just not the ones rumored or lost likely. I don’t want to get rid of JVR, Jake, or Ghost, but there’s a ton of others I’d either actively trade or be willing to look around about.

Reactions: mja

mja

Jan 7, 2005
If you mean me, I definitely think there should be significant changes. Just not the ones rumored or lost likely. I don’t want to get rid of JVR, Jake, or Ghost, but there’s a ton of others I’d either actively trade or be willing to look around about.

I know, I just found it amusing. Mostly, you just don't trust Chuck to make the right moves. Meanwhile, deady thinks all we need is addition by subtraction of his least favorite skill players and then all of the kids will step up and we'll be fine.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know, I just found it amusing. Mostly, you just don't trust Chuck to make the right moves. Meanwhile, deady thinks all we need is addition by subtraction of his least favorite skill players and then all of the kids will step up and we'll be fine.
Exactly. :nod:

Reactions: mja

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, Ghosts' non-production won't be a big hole to fill, while he finished strong last year, he's only got 2 years left, you're not going to extend him and I think York and Zamula will be better players in 2 years in any case.

Voracek is simply a matter of fit, he's not longer a top PP wing (teams have caught on to his shot and overplay the passing lanes), and he's subpar defensively, so replacing him is going a different direction, probably a more physical, defensively oriented RW with a better shot but not nearly his playmaking skills. If TK is on the first line, Voracek is overpaid as a 3RW and doesn't fit with Hayes.

I'd like to keep JVR, the price and length of contract are right, and after the fiasco in the bubble, he got into much better shape and committed to a PF role, especially on the PP. But he's not irreplaceable, and not worth sacrificing assets to keep.

If the kids don't step up, Voracek, JVR and Ghost have already demonstrated they're not good enough to carry this team come playoff time.
So you might as well blow it up and start over.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Well, Ghosts' non-production won't be a big hole to fill, while he finished strong last year, he's only got 2 years left, you're not going to extend him and I think York and Zamula will be better players in 2 years in any case.

Voracek is simply a matter of fit, he's not longer a top PP wing (teams have caught on to his shot and overplay the passing lanes), and he's subpar defensively, so replacing him is going a different direction, probably a more physical, defensively oriented RW with a better shot but not nearly his playmaking skills. If TK is on the first line, Voracek is overpaid as a 3RW and doesn't fit with Hayes.

I'd like to keep JVR, the price and length of contract are right, and after the fiasco in the bubble, he got into much better shape and committed to a PF role, especially on the PP. But he's not irreplaceable, and not worth sacrificing assets to keep.

If the kids don't step up, Voracek, JVR and Ghost have already demonstrated they're not good enough to carry this team come playoff time.
So you might as well blow it up and start over.

Keep your powder dry, I’m just setting the mad hatter straight again while noting the irony that the two posters who least want significant additions happen to be you and Striiker.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Keep your powder dry, I’m just setting the mad hatter straight again while noting the irony that the two posters who least want significant additions happen to be you and Striiker.

For opposite reasons, Striiker wants to keep his favorite players, while proposing to dump unnamed players (I assume Provorov, Laughton, Braun and Hagg - and only Provorov could move the needle).

I want to go with the kids, it's now 8 years into the rebuild, either they're ready to start carrying the load or it's time to blow it up. So I'm more than willing to move on from Voracek, Ghost and JVR, I'd re-up G and Couts b/c they have "true grit" and can provide leadership to a young team.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
For opposite reasons, Striiker wants to keep his favorite players, while proposing to dump unnamed players (I assume Provorov, Laughton, Braun and Hagg - and only Provorov could move the needle).

I want to go with the kids, it's now 8 years into the rebuild, either they're ready to start carrying the load or it's time to blow it up. So I'm more than willing to move on from Voracek, Ghost and JVR, I'd re-up G and Couts b/c they have "true grit" and can provide leadership to a young team.

Dude. I said keep your powder dry. Total self-parody.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I like Jones over Hamilton in terms of needs but we do not have to trade assets to get Hamilton. So it is Hamilton for me.. I doubt it will bring us to SC any closer.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
i think david savard needs to be added to this poll cus we all know that dougie/jones will be hard to come by and flethcer will just settle for the "next best rhd". So welcome to Philly for 5 years at 5 mill...David Savard

I agree with this. Jones will cost too many assets and Hamilton will cost too much money. Savard is underrated and better than Niskanen was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad